New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 looking for help re:info. for Ukraine or russian women gaining Canadian visa

Author: pierre  (---.menkes.com)
Date:   08-04-06 09:06

I would like any help possible towards any and all information perferably from expierance optaining a Canadian visa for a russian or ukrainian women to come to canada, such as percedures, time frames and anything else.
Note: i have already visited ukaine twice in the last year.i have my legal divorce ,it seams thtat most information available is only pertaining to the USA.

Thanks inadvance Pierre

Reply To This Message

Re: looking for help re:info. for Ukraine or russian women gaining Canadian visa

Author: Kate  (---.cst-invest.dp.ua)
Date:   08-05-06 14:12

I was looking for someone who could help with canadian visa some time ago. I have found one woman, she promised me her help not very expensive. I can find out about it if you are ready to pay, but it will take some time, that woman is in Madrid right now.

Reply To This Message

Re: looking for help re:info. for Ukraine or russian women gaining Canadian visa

Date:   08-05-06 15:35

i do not understand why there is so little expierance regarding canadian visas, much of this information i am seeking inadvance
So far what i understand is:
(1) i need a letter of employment showing income.(no Problem)
(2) were can i get this letter of invatation is this a standard form?
(3) proof that i have been to visit this women in Question (no problem)
(4) proof of correspondance ( no problem)
(5) proof of divorce( (no problem)
(6) we both have to have a valid passports ( no problem)

So far the canadian embaseys in Canada and Ukraine are no help at all.

Reply To This Message

Author: Ronnie  (---.wk.net)
Date:   08-05-06 21:21

Pierre
I don't know if this will help you on what you are looking for but try this web site it has a lot of information on it about Canada visa
( www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html ) Hope this help

Ronnie

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-06-06 06:06

Thanks Ronnie
Yes this site has helped, i have gained information re: letter of invatation only which i thought would be a pre formated form, which i found is not.I have learned that this invatation must include certain information only and should be notarized. Once i gain all information in time and of course once i complete the process i shall then share this with this forum here.

Thanks Pierre

Reply To This Message

Author: Ronnie  (---.wk.net)
Date:   08-06-06 06:47

Pierre

That good that, That site help you if you need any more information don't mine asking and I will try and find out for you and try and help you the best I can but the best thing to do is go to the Canada Embassies and then go to Ukraine Embassy and it will tell you a lot hope it works out for you.

Ronnie

Reply To This Message

Author: Kate  (---.cst-invest.dp.ua)
Date:   08-06-06 11:49

Maybe to consult with an immigration lawyer? I don't know it for sure, when I asked for help on this forum, nobody told me anything what could help...

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-08-06 16:42

Hi Kate
I have just found this and not read carefully for you attention, if any help to us i do not know yet.
The Yoshkar-Ola Forum ®
The premiere uncensored forum dedicated to Yoshkar-Ola and Russia. Share stories, ask questions, seek advice

FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register
Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
Click to return to Yoshkar.com: Yoshkar-Ola

Canada immigration

Yoshkar Forum Index -> Lenin's Square

skwisher

Posted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:10 am Post subject: Canada immigration

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone with experience of having a Russian wife or wife-to-be immigrate to Canada? What to expect from the standard procedure and what might be ways to get around the bureaucratic rules?

Any advice much appreciated.

atomcat

Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:06 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canadian-Russian Marriage
Steps to Russian marriage:

1. WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN RUSSIA YOU HAVE TO REGISTER YOUR RUSSIAN VISA WITH YOUR RUSSIAN SPONSOR OR THE HOTEL WHERE YOU STAY IN RUSSIA (without valid Russian visa and registration with the Russian authorities you will not be able to get married in Russia and will not be accepted by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs).

All foreigners are required by Russian law to have their visas registered within three days of arrival. The registration has to be done by your Russian sponsor, or the Russian company which invited you to come to Russia, or the Travel agency (if it is a tourist visa) or by the hotels where you are staying. The Embassy cannot assist in this case.

2. OBTAIN A MARRIAGE LETTER STATING THAT YOU ARE FREE TO MARRY AT THE CANADIAN EMBASSY IN MOSCOW, 23 Starokonyushenny Pereulok, Main entrance, Consular Section. We accept clients every day, except Saturday and Sunday and statutory holidays, from 10:00 to 13:00 and from 14:00 to 16:00. Tel 105-6000. Embassy web site: www.canadianembassy.ru The Marriage letter will be issued for you in English and Russian. The transliteration of your name should be identical to that on your Russian visa. The cost is $CAN 50, or the equivalent in rubles (1200 rubles), or US$ (40).

3.OBTAIN AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION OF THE INFORMATION PAGE OF YOUR PASSPORT. The necessary translation can be obtained at any certified translation centre that has a Ru79ssian notary public present. A
translation made by the Canadian Embassy is ALSO acceptable. The cost for such translation done by the Embassy is $CAN 15 or the equivalent in rubles or US$.

4. HAVE THE SIGNATURE OF THE CANADIAN CONSUL/VICE CONSUL ON A MARRIAGE LETTER AUTHENTICATED AT THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS of the RUSSIAN FEDERATION (has to be submitted to the Ministry by a Canadian citizen ONLY IN PERSON). PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT WITHOUT THE STAMP OF THE RUSSIAN MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS A MARRIAGE LETTER WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE RUSSIAN AUTHORITIES.

This service is performed by the Department of Legalization , Consular Services of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, at Moscow, First Neopalimovskiy pereulok, 12a, nearest metro station "Part Kultury", then 2 stops by trolleybus # 10 or #B at the direction of Smolenskay Square . Telephone: 244-37-97. The hours of operation are Monday - Thursday, 10:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 17:00 and Fridays - from 10:00 to 12:00 and 15:00 to 16:00 (tel 244-3797). . The procedure takes 5 working days and costs 150 rubles (about 5 US dollars). Telephone 244-3797. One day service IS NOT AVAILABLE and service hours and processing time may change without notice.

5. GET MARRIED AT THE CIVIL REGISTRY OFFICE (ZAGS) After completing the first fours steps, please contact any local Marriage office (ZAGS) in the place where your fiancee is residing /registered (in Russian this abbreviation means - Zapis Aktov Grazhdanskogo Sostoyaniya). In Moscow we recommend you to contact the Marriage office at the following address: Palace of Weddings (for foreigners) , 17 Butyrskaya St. Moscow, Telephone 285-1960, 285-7988, 203-5292 where you have to submit the above mentioned documents and your passport. The ZAGS will issue a Marriage certificate for you once you get married. It means that your marriage is legal for Canada.

6. Once you are married, you may contact the Immigration Canada for information about family class sponsorship for your spouse, or Immigration/Visa web site: www.cic.gc.ca.

7. The Russian authorities will issue a Marriage certificate for you which has to be properly legalised to be valid in Canada.

First step - go any Russian Notary to legalise the document . Make a notorised copy of the document. Then make a certified translation of the Marriage certificate (by any of the translation service into English or French).

Second step - the signature of the Notary public has to be authenticated by the Russian Ministry of Justices (Ministerstvo Yustitsii)

Third step - the signature of the Russian Ministry of Justices has to be authenticated by Legal Department (part of the Consular services) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia (see address above).

The Canadian Embassy in Moscow, Consular Services or the Canadian Consulate in St Petersburg will authenticate the signature of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia (Legal department). The cost is 50
Canadian dollars or you can pay equivalent in US dollars or rubles. Only after that your Marriage certificate issued in Russia will be valid for Canada.

IF YOU HAVE ANY CANADIAN DOCUMENTS (IT CAN BE, FOR EXAMPLE, A DIVORCE CERTIFICATE or any other document issued in Canada) YOU WISH TO USE IN RUSSIA, PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY DOCUMENT ISSUED IN CANADA IS NOT VALID FOR RUSSIA UNTIL IT IS PROPERLY LEGALISED. IT CAN BE DONE ONLY IN CANADA, CANNOT BE DONE IN RUSSIA, EVEN CANNOT BE LEGALISED BY THE CANADIAN EMBASSY IN RUSSIA. PLEASE DO EVERYTHING IN CANADA BEFORE YOU COME TO RUSSIA.

HOW TO LEGALIZE CANADIAN DOCUMENTS (CAN BE DONE ONLY IN CANADA).

1ST STEP. Document notarized in Canada. The proper procedure is to have the document notarized by a notary in Canada.

2nd STEP. Authentication of the notary`s signature. The notary's signature must then be authenticated by the Lieutenant-Governor of the province in which the notary is commissioned (requests for such authentication are usually channelled through the Deputy Provincial Secretary of that province or, for Quebec, by the Secretary of the Board of Notaries in Montreal).

3rd STEP. Authentication of authentication`s signatures. Done by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT), Legal Advisory division. DEPARTMENT OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS & INTERNATIONAL TRADE CANADA, LEGAL ADVISORY DIVISION (JLAC), 125 SUSSEX DRIVE, OTTAWA, ONTARIO, K1A OG2 TEL:(613) 995-32-54, 995-0119 Director Mr. D. W. Smith Mr. Mario Nunes Suarez

4th STEP. Authentication of the DFAIT's signature: Done by the Russian Embassy in Canada (Ottawa) or the Russian Consulates in Montreal or in Toronto. Cannot be done in Russia.

5th STEP. Please do not forget to make translation into Russian language by any certified tranlator as documents in other languages are not accepted in Russia.

ONLY AFTER THAT A CANADIAN DOCUMENT WILL BE VALID IN RUSSIA.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Natasha Bulgakova
Consular Assistant
Consular Section, Canadian Embassy
23 Starokonyushenny Per, 119002 Moscow Russia
7-095-105-60-69
Fax: 7-095-105-60-51
e-mail: natasha.bulgakova@international.gc.ca

skwisher

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:28 am Post subject: Canada Immigration

Thanks atomcat! Superb info - what a find! My next step is to get my girlfriend here on a visitor's visa so she can see for herself whether she likes how I live and if all goes well, marry her and adopt her 3 year old daughter. And, hope that the ex and ex-inlaws don't object too strenuously!

Your info really is perfect!

atomcat

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:29 pm Post subject:

Good Luck on getting a visitors visa to Canada. Only 2% of single women get one.
Basically she will not be able to bring the kid along and state she has good reason to go back.
Tell her to go www.canada.ru and pick up pointers on getting a visa

skwisher

Posted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:35 am Post subject: Canada Immigration

Thanks for the warning, Olga was planning on coming by herself anyway and leaving her daughter behind - that, I would hope, should be enough incentive to return! A friend of mine got his lady over on a visitor's visa seemingly easily - I'll have to get more details from him. Maybe she can look at other visa types. The canadian government is currently giving seminars in Russia to recruit talented immigrants, so I need a list of Olga's qualifications and abilities to see if they are considered to be in demand.
Thanks again for the excellent info and the heads up. There is so much to learn!

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Yoshkar Forum Index -> Lenin's Square All times are GMT - 5 Hours

Page 1 of 1