New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Nigeria Scammers

Author: Terry  (---.range86-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date:   06-04-05 11:16

Hi James you are so very right in your message, but you must also be very careful of writing to women who claim to be from the USA and caucasian, they too can be Nigerian in origin, I have corresponded with one for two months, and received a Sterling demand draft yesterday from this woman, a copy of which I have here should anyone be interested. I was very suspicious as I had not been forewarned of the arrival of the draft. She then messaged me and asked me to cash it for her as she wanted to visit me here in the UK. told me to keep it in my bank unitl she arrived but please could I send $1000 to enable her to pay her air fare. I took it to my bank and asked them to check it very carefully as it looked very genuine. They took over an hour and confirmed it was a forgery, a good forgery which would pass a cursory inspection, the money would have been credited to my account initially, and then of course would later be debited. They rely on you sending the money quickly to them before it reaches the origin bank (in the UK typically 3 days).
I had no romantic connection with this woman and was corresponding just as a friend.
I am like several others on this site, quickly coming to the conclusion that the risks are beginning to outweigh the potential benefits.
PS I have another who I suspect is about to try the same stunt I will keep you posted, this one I think is posing as a UK based businesswoman on a trip to guess where Nigeria

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Nigeria Scammers  new
James 06-04-05 05:49 
 Re: Nigeria Scammers  new
Terry 06-04-05 11:16 
josephearly 06-04-05 21:48 
frank 06-05-05 22:10 
Terry 06-08-05 10:18 
 Re Liberia scammers on here  new
James 06-08-05 15:12 
Geoff Burmeister 06-15-05 22:56 
Matti 06-17-05 17:09 
06-24-17 23:44 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.