New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: "Consensus", "InterTransl.ua" and other so called translation centers

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   06-25-05 08:05

I do speak with my Almaty friend,who does not know a lot of english. Between her and my knowledge of each other`s languages we do pretty well. Adjectives are tough for her,and I do simplify my wording. I have also been speaking with a lady from Kirovohgrad for about 3 years now. We are just friends,but as her english has improved, my interest in her has weakened. This is the only real drawback I think --that when the languages become more discernible,the more deeply you see into a person,and you may find out something that you wish you would have known a long time before. If I have something specific,and very important to write or say,and I do not know how to say it--I will simply go to the prompt online translator. If it is something I need to clarify in writing to her-I will cut and paste the translation. Many people are looking for instant gratification,and have little patience. SO,for under 1000 dollars you can go to Kiev,find a date whether by friends or a social,and have casual sex,and leave it at that. But I am looking for much more. Women will often say that they have no interest in a long term internet relationship, but I brush these women off as insincere. If it does not stand the test of time,then the test has truly failed ( my opinion). People often discuss the best way to learn a language-and it is truly immersion learning that is the fastest,least difficult way,otherwise you may spend years self- taught. I do agree with you James-that a woman who has absolutely no english,or perhaps speaks "2" on a 1 to 10 scale,is very difficult to communicate with,maybe hopeless. But a little goes a long way,and there is more to love than words. There is sight,sound,smell, and most important of all--chemistry. When words seem to fail,go find some ice cream instead. Find activities and distractions. Relax with her--write your words down,or take a computer language program on your laptop. SOme sign language is helpful. I live in Phoenix,and I know Mexican people,so sign language mixed with a few words does go a long way--believe me ,because I am a service plumber and must relate to illegal or undocumented aliens all the time. Occasionally I have to hire them for labor. Also,it is really kind of fun in my opinion to exchange words and grow together in a relationship. I have been with women whom I wish knew no english--even better if she was mute. Words often get in the way of true feeling,and misunderstandings are almost always as a result of words. Any relationship is a learning experience. Most relations--even bad ones,have a reason for being. There is a lesson to be learned from each one. This is why I have gone about this very slowly. In 1999 I started this search. I have eliminated 100s of women. For a very long time,I communicated with 20 or more women at a time,and winnowed them down until there was only 1 or 2. I have repeated this process many times over,and belonged to many different sites. I have also,as you have too,eliminated the sites that were the most troublesome. I am only active in 2 sites now,and I really only contribute to the forums. As to your last question of how--I say again that she must have basic english,even if it is rudimentary and broken.

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 "Consensus", "InterTransl.ua" and other so called translation centers  new
Natalia 06-08-05 23:48 
 Re: "Consensus", "InterTransl.ua" and other so called translation centers  new
Terry 06-11-05 13:34 
James 06-23-05 03:46 
john 06-23-05 14:28 
Blaine 06-24-05 03:53 
James 06-24-05 23:39 
Blaine 06-25-05 08:05 
 Re: "Consensus", "InterTransl.ua" and other so called transl  new
tann 06-25-05 20:29 
Blaine 06-26-05 00:16 
Elena 06-26-05 18:34 
Blaine 06-26-05 22:40 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.