New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 scamming agencies

Author: Wayne Westaway  (---.dialup.xtra.co.nz)
Date:   05-24-04 05:39

Hello everyone :) why dont we start a list of agencies that only seem to want to make money. I cant believe that there are people that want to make money from people who are searching for love. I would like to think that there are good agencies out there like this one that will help you.
Anyway i will start things off with Anastasia International...dont go there guys and a good site to look at is stopscammers.com.
The first lady i wrote to turned out on this site so check it out.... best of luck my fellow men looking for love.
Ps and best of luck to the ladies also...a few rotten apples dont spoil a bunch of beautiful and i am sure sincere apples :)

Reply To This Message

Re: scamming agencies

Author: JeffM  (---.go-online.ru)
Date:   05-31-04 08:37

Hi Wayne

I am sorry that you believe every single post which is published in the Internet. It is difficult to say who is right and who is doing something deliberately and pursuing some particular goals.. BTW, I have not found any information about Anastasia on the site you referred to…Personally I trust only myself and I always check everything myself…I believe that everything depends on the experience…I had a great experience with Anastasiaweb. I have met a wonderful girl through this site and I am going to visit her (hope everything will work between us)…I will lie if I say that it was easy and there were no problems –no. It is like dating in your country – to find the right woman you have to get to know several, maybe even many till you understand that it is SHE…Maybe it is too early but still I want to thank them and their customer service, which is great, as they helped me a lot answering my numerous questions and inquiries…
Wayne, I wish you good luck and never give up!

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.77.quantum.ru)
Date:   05-31-04 18:22

Ja ja, "JeffM"! You say that you are in the USA but your IP shows a Russian connection. A sign not to believe your words.

Reply To This Message

Author: kevin  (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date:   05-31-04 22:32

Wayne,

How do you suggest we do what you recommended? It sounds like a good idea. Almost all of the women I send messages to, reply with what looks like a "form letter". But, I have been cooresponding with two who seem sincere ... although I will still keep my guard up.

I agree, stop-scammers was nice, and there are other websites about scammers if you look. Many of them can't keep up-to-date though as far as I can tell.

I've also noticed that this site is actually trying to eliminate scammers, or they are leaving on their own, because I have seen a lot of "suspected" scammers profiles dissappear.

Tann .. I have seen you all over this forum. I like your views and information. you seem quite intelligent. thanks.

good luck guys and gals,
Kevin

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.77.quantum.ru)
Date:   06-01-04 16:00

Thanks Kevin!

I sometimes start to think that there is too much of me in this forum :)
But this is the only place of dating sites where I like to be. Like to read your thoughts and impressions about "Russian style" and your experiences.

I want to say about scammers one thing. I personally know plenty plenty plenty women who want to meet a real friend and future husband, and there is no any scammer among them. So, don't think that scammers accuped the whole internet. Scammers work hard and look for "a sitting duck". Just take off rose-coloured glasses when you read first letters :)

Take care!

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-02-04 01:37

Hi Tann, please continue your great input into the site, it is very helpful to recieve input and support from Ladies from Russia and The Ukraine. Please believe that I AND I AM SURE OTHER MEN FROM AROUND THE WORLD know that there are many very good and sincere women from your countries. I personally dont let stupid form letters and requests for money put me off in my search for my special soul mate, In fact i just laugh now and I hope other men do the same. If we support each other we will all reach our poteitials and find the love we are seeking .

Reply To This Message

Author: kevin  (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date:   06-03-04 00:48

I agree with Wayne 100%. Thanks Tann. Thanks for your input. I enjoy reading what you have to say throughout this forum. I also like that you used the term "rose colored glasses". I haven't heard that for a while, but I know exactly what you are saying. It brought back some memories, and revitalized my toughts.

Kevin

Reply To This Message

Author: Dennis  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   06-04-04 00:44

I have some insight on Anastasia. They are legitimate, but..... They have one part of their business which is an email system. Guys end up paying $6 to $8 per letter and it is rife with scammers and fake letters. This happens because (1) the marriage agencies who have the women's profiles make a percentage for every letter their girls receive/send so they add a lot of fake ones to make more money, and (2) Anastasia makes a bunch of money on the volume too, so instead of policing the system or trying to change it so there are not so many scam letters, they just milk it and refund fees when someone complains. They also operate a tour/socials business and help with visas and other services which I have read many compliments about.

Being a small businessman myself, I understand why they do what they do, but it is below my ethical standards to accept payment for bogus letters, which I believe are a high percentage of this particular email system. Most guys figure it out after a while and just drop out, a few dollars lighter in the wallet, and others actually get real letters. Overall, I think it is a bad deal. It is a "Buyer Beware" situation, and just makes me realize the best way to do this whole relationship thing is to SEND NO MONEY and just go over there and meet someone. Oh, and don't use the Anastasia or AnastasiaWeb email system. Does anyone here remember the old e77.com site that European Connections of Atlanta, GA ran. It was very similar. Buy tokens for $5 - $8 a piece and use them to open or send emails to women. It was the same deal - most letters were fake in one way or another and the company milked it as long as they could, taking a lot of $$ to the bank and refunding when someone complained. Biggest problem was that you ended up spending $50 to $200 or more before you caught on, and the refund was just for the letter you determined was a scam, so they got most of the money and you only got $5 or $10 back. But I will never take a tour with European Connections and probably won't with Anastasia, even though I never got sucked in there.

By the way, part of this scam set-up casn include you being offered a "free" ad that women can see. I don't recommend posting such an ad if it leads to you getting replies that you have to pay to open.

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-04-04 04:11

Thanks for your insight Dennis, good man!
Unfortnatly i feel for a lady on this site and spent alot of money in correspondence with her, I finally got her address after about 15 letters and sent her some flowers. Then the flower agency emailed me to say that the address isnt valid. I then found the same lady on another site offering a 3 way telephone conversation so i thought ok one last try....Unfortnatly this agency has been unable to contact her she is always not at home? funny huh? Has anyone had dealings with a agency go to ukraine? I wrote to a lady there and after 8 great letters she asked for money.

Reply To This Message

Author: Roberto  (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date:   06-05-04 13:25

Wow, guys, I'm new to this and haven't fallen vicitm to any scams yet but I'm very suspicious. I can honestly suggest this to everyone which has worked for me. The reality of the women in Russia, in my opinion, is they are not as despertae as we would like ourselves to believe , I'm talking about love here. The best method I used was going on any dating site which has chatting privilidges and chat with them. I also check out who's on-line and then I write to them and ask them to write to me giving me their msn or yahoo address so we can communicate. At least you can cam chat and this doens't cost me a cent. I met a wonderfull women this way and I know she's real becuase she's really genuine and not as desperate to marry as all others are on the sites where you pay for their letters.

I gave up on Anastasiaweb simply becuase after joining for a week and receiving 200 emails from ladies I automatically figured out I was not way that popular and at the cost of a credit for each mail letter you open, the numbers are phenominal. I condem any sites which don't screen IP addresses and women who post on their site for scams and if only 1/10 th of the women on Anastasia site are real then it could cost you a fortune to just meet a "real" person.

Thanks guys !

Rob.

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-06-04 09:51

All good points Roberto! Congratulations on learning about the scams before you were scammed and not after! The only "problem" with your plan, (and problem is not necessarily the best word), is that you are limited to women who have computers to chat on - whether at home, work or a cyber cafe. Personally, I want to meet the one woman for me (my "Second Half" as she is called - do you know the story behind this term?), and I don't want to limit my choice only to a woman with Instant Messenger access who is in the extreme minority. Especially after looking at one or two databases like the one on this site - many wonderful women! And I completely agree with you that these women are not desperate - they are just looking for a good man, wherever he may be - to create a loving relationship with, and who doesn't want that!

Reply To This Message

Author: Roberto  (---.cg.shawcable.net)
Date:   06-06-04 17:58

Dennis, thanks, I learn quick. I am also suspicious and I find it hard to believe that such gorgeous women want out so badly to marry some stranger twice her age and not in the same physical attraction compatibility. If she is looking for that then I don't believe it would a lasting relationship. After all, most have degrees up ther ying yangs and are very bright so if some guys get scammed I hate to say it but they are probably headed for a major scam in the long run. Just use the age old rule when searching for your partner, meet them and be with them for awhile then you should be able to judge what is going on.

I have a freind out in Toronro who is very successful and owns a railroad. I have been following his love life with this Russian bride and I did warn him because he was older than I and of course she was half his age. She finally came to visit him and slept with him. I met her and found her suspicious. I told him what I thought snd warned him. We had an argument and we no longer speak. She came over, he spent thousands but lost a whole lot more. 18 months later, she divorced him, took half his belongings, sent for her "real" love from Russia and they now live together in New York.

How do I know all this. I dtaed my buddy's secretary. Sad story but we all tried to warn him. I just say it the way it is.. watch out, I'm not saying they are all like this but imagine the sacrafice she made to stick with it for 18 months for the long term and then finally got what she wanted for her and her loved one. I've always wanted to have this produced into a movie but there are too many political issues surrounding this type of movie. Have to admit, I give it to her for succeeding but I believe in Kharma and I hope this gets back to them one day.

Take care.

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-08-04 08:10

Roberto,

From your previous post - "meet them and be with them for awhile then you should be able to judge what is going on."

No truer words were ever spoken! This is not the era of "mail order" brides anymore. We are not pioneers or prospectors in the old west choosing a wife from a catalog. The services now in the 21st century should be seen for what they are - introduction agencies. Even the internet should be seen for its limited capabilities - only to get to know more about someone prior to that all-important first date.

As for the story about your railroad owner, I have heard similar stories but I know they are in the minority compared to all the real success stories. It's just that the bad stories get so much more attention. There are both bad guy/good woman and good guy/bad woman stories. Many involve monetary scams and some even involve murder. But in many ways it's like television - the popular stories are the ones involving intrigue and plot twists, lies and betrayal. Attention is not paid to "boring" love stories with no drama. And like I have mentioned before, typically when guys make a love "connection" and find their soulmate, they drop out of forums like this because they are busy romancing their lady, planning a bright future together and living the dream (not to mention filling out all the visa forms and other red tape).

So, for all those guys reading about the railroad guy, take heart. There are many, many wonderful women out there who are sincere and honest and looking for the same thing you are! It's just a matter of hard work and determination, using common sense and having realistic expectations.

Roberto, in your proposed movie, who would be the "bad" person - the railroad guy for trying to marry someone half his age, not listening to warnings and advice from his friends, losing a close friend in the process (you), and surely ignoring many other signs of a questionable relationship - or - the woman who spent a couple years of her life checking out the "good life" before getting back together with her first love in a much more favorable environment than she had 2 years earlier. LOL Hope that doesn't upset you - just trying to view things from all angles. There are usually 2 sides to every story.

To sum up - yes, there are all types of scammers, people with "agendas" (like the woman in your story), people who wear blinders and get hurt because of them (the railroad guy), and all sorts of "soap opera" situations that occur regularly in our collective quests for true love. You just have to do your research and jump in with both eyes open, expect the unexpected, and perservere. And try to have some fun and adventure while you're searching! (Don't anguish too much!!)

P.S. And DON'T SEND MONEY! I hate to hear of guys sending 100's and 1,000's of dollars to women they have never met! It's crazy (and a scam)!

Reply To This Message

Author: Tatiana  (---.dialup.farlep.net)
Date:   06-16-04 14:23

Anastacia has so amny ladies. I think it is wiser to deal with smaller companies, they usually consist of two-four people and all the ladies are honest there. I am an interpreter and I also does this kind of work for some ladies, just because I have a little baby and stay at home but would like to earn some money. I can help a mn to visit his lady almost the same as Anastcia may be cannot organaze socials. But NO One whom the ladies I know who went ot the socials and also from about 12 men whom I met doing this service met a right man or woman through these socials. This is like a market, horse market that was in ancient times. But it is only my opinion.

Reply To This Message

Author: Tatiana  (---.dialup.farlep.net)
Date:   06-16-04 14:34

It is not my photo. I am wokring now for this lady and this is hers. I am sorry it is a mistake.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.