New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Beware of Lugansk - scam capital

Author: James  (---.dsl.tulsok.swbell.net)
Date:   04-26-05 03:00

Quote from Kiev Connections run by an American Brett Ousley- "Many cities, Like Lugansk Ukraine, have an entire industry that has developed to take money from foreigners. I have lived in these cities and have personally seen how they operate. They are not interested in getting you married. They are solely interested in deceiving you and taking your money. They have entire staffs of MEN and women who write you representing themselves as beautiful women who are interested in marring you."

My question is - has anyone on this forum been to Lugansk in Ukraine?
I am curious how many of these scammers are on this website? I am willing to bet loads !!!! But i would love to know if there are any real and genuine women in this city. Also, i expect negative comments from the russian females on this forum because they could quite easily be part of this scam.

My goal in writing this is to try and prevent any western guys being ripped off by dishonest women. Thats my goal !!!!! I would like to see just genuine people on this site, people that really are looking for marriage and love and romance, that includes russian and ukraine women and western men. Is that to much to ask? I hope not.

Please give me your comments on Lugansk.

Reply To This Message

Re: Beware of Lugansk - scam capital

Author: Natalia  (---.40.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   04-27-05 10:57

Our website management team will highly appreciate any detailed information you might have about the members who are under suspiscion of doing scam work on our website. If you have messages that hint or directly talk about money issues, please forward this information and ID numbers of members to us. Your help is necessary for us so that we could unite our efforts in preventing scammers from doing harm to other people.
Thank you.

Natalia,
on behalf from all the members of New-Dating Team

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-03-05 04:36

I sent emails to your account with some of the girls.

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   05-03-05 09:53

I am impressed, Natalia! Are you our "scam buster"? I am very interested in your opinion on this subject.Also how you came to be so itinerate in English. It is a pleasure when you give to us your advice. I have noticed you have become active here-and I hope you will continue with more of the same, Best wishes--Blaine

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-03-05 09:55

Also,why so sad eyes?

Reply To This Message

Author: Natalia  (---.25.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   05-03-05 18:47

Thank you guys, for your responses and also help/advice you offered, special thanks to James. We have revealed 14 girls here who are from Heartafire agency and certainly their profiles were removed off the website. Unfortunately, our mails to their site's adminitrators are still with no response. In case you know other girls or probably receive direct mails from the agencies or so-called agencies who will require payment for translation or e-mail addresses of the girls, please, forward such messages to us. We need evidences and facts in order to reveal such members and take measures.
Thank you!

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.ppco.com)
Date:   05-05-05 16:14

ID 30995 - Ksusha

Hi!!!

Your interest is very pleasant to me. Mail me your pictures to my private account, OK?

Sincerely,
Kseniya_22k@heartafire.com

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-05-05 16:16

Valentina - ID 30995

Hello James,

I think it's interesting. I liked what I saw in your profile and I would like to know you better. Why haven't you been married? Are you a bachelor? :-) Write me and send pictures to valentina24v@heartafire.com

Regards, Valya

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-05-05 16:17

Thanks Natalia for being a great administrator !!! Thanks for all your hard work in keeping this website free from scammers.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-05-05 19:34

From agencyscams.org - Lugansk News

I received first-hand news about activities in Lugansk. This sheds a little light and more confusion surrounding this city known the the "scammer capital of the world". Agencies (for lack of a better word) are paying girls to take photos of them. The girls are then sucked into a scheme which involves taking your money. But some still have no idea that their photos are being used to take your money. When you get a letter from a fake agency and they tell you that you can send the money to your girl or to the manager, this means they are working together. Sometimes you are told to send the money to the manager; this might mean the manager is the girl using someone else's photo.

The new story is that the mafia is finding girls that advertise on free sites and forcing them to write to guys and take their money. The girls don't want to do this, but they are being forced into it. So, what can we do? I don't know.

What the scammers are now doing is using the names of the villages around Lugansk as their address. But some of us are a little more intelligent...so here are the villages around Lugansk.

Stanychno-Lugansk
Stakhanov
Schastia Sverdlovsk
Snizhne
Sieverodonetsk Perevalsk
Pervomaisk
Popasna Arteminsk
Antratsyt
Lutuhyne Krasnodon
Krasnyi Luch
Debaltseve

Reply To This Message

Author: Natalia  (---.202.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   05-06-05 10:27

Regarding the members Valentina - ID 30995 and Ksusha - ID 30995 that James mentioned in the posts above, they had also been removed along with the other who had relation to the Heartafire agency in Odessa.

I'm sure James found out quite important information about the tricks with location details that scammers might use. Probably we should add other local towns there.

I've found a pretty good map of Ukraine where one can see every region separately. For those who are interested to see, copy the following link into your browser:
http://travel.kyiv.org
Maybe it' not the best quality but the only one i've found with English version available.
Hope it will be helpful to some of our members.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-08-05 00:34

I really do not understand the point of this crusade against these women. It is like trying to kill every cockroach in Mexico City...it ain`t gonna happen. And they will just change their approach or falsify their city of residence,ie., New York City,when truly they live in Kiev. It is already being done. Whats the point James? Are you so wounded or outraged that you carry on a one-man vendetta against the moralistic minority? Certainly you are appreciated as a whistle blower by all the forum,but when does it end? I am sick and irritated by all this attention that these insincere women are getting. It is disturbing not just to me,but many other women here who may be colored incorrectly by paranoia and prejudice. Move on man--get past this investigative finger pointing. The truth lies in the education of men on what is illusion and what is reality. I .feel that this is going to scare women away from here,because they will think this is a vengeful crime-busting site. Just let this evil wind pass you by,so we can harmonize on this site. You know who they are,but this should not be a public battering ground. And to suggest that women who object to your postings being part of the deception--this is arrogant,and uncalled for. You are already predisposed to bias and judgementalism Please just lighten up a little bit!!!

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-05 07:12

Blaine

There is no crusade - i am just fed up writing to women that do not exist. I speak russian, and the number of times that women have said i use translation service and can you help pay for it, and i reply dont worry i can speak and write russian, and then they disappear. Wow you seem very innocent and naive in your approach !!!! I am not being critical. :)

Most women on this site use internet cafe and they pay per minute so they dont have time to read the forum. I know having used internet cafes in Moscow and Kiev in the past.

My soul goal was to warn people just think before you send money to women esp from Eastern Ukraine (Pro-Yanokovich country). I have been to this area and very few people there speak english, and most have no interest in meeting foreign men. In comparison girls from Russia and Western Ukraine (Pro-Yushenko country) do want to meet foreign men.
So if my forum stops even a few western men sending money to girls in eastern ukraine its worth it - by eastern i mean donestk, kharkov, lugansk and dneptropsvik.

Also, i believe that almost all the women from Western Ukraine and Russia are real and are sincere in their desires and feelings and their motives for being on these sites.

Also, i did come close to sending money on 2 occasions to women, until i did a search and then i discovered they were on scam alerts.

Personally i would love nothing better than for someone from this site to meet and marry someone from Eastern Ukraine. To be proved wrong, would be great.

Also, this is a forum, and i live in the USA and as such i am entitled to speak my mind as we do live in a democracy - and we have freedom of speech here. I want to share what i have discovered from visiting these places and meeting women from these areas.

My point is that there are loads of sincere women on this site, but just getting guys to think before they send money would be great.

James

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.ma.dl.cox.net)
Date:   05-10-05 06:21

The point is well taken, but I think that all cities have some excellent ladies that just happen to live in these cities. They maybe limited to where they live, but still they don't have to be associated with a scam agency. The main city that I believe has these type activities is Lugansk.. but certainly from the scammers detectives.. it can be all cities. Odessa had a bad reputation at one time, but I have been there twice and it has some wonderful people there. The point is just to use some discretion when writing and sending mail. There are plenty of very honest sincere wonderful ladies.

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   05-12-05 15:56

I am curious as to why all of a sudden we have a lot of girls appearing and writing from Ghana and Nigeria.. They grow some odd shaped girls there. 6'8" and 125 pounds.. 6'6" and 215 pounds and many of them seem to have lost their father and that is why they are in Africa. Hmm. sounds like an interesting story line. Better be careful about some scamming going on there. Any one know about that situation?

Reply To This Message

Ghana/S Africa

Date:   05-12-05 16:56

I had emails from them as well. I emailed with a girl from Ghana, she said her parents were dead, that she was 1/2 s african and 1/2 ghana, she was blonde, pretty, 28/29 yrs old, so perfect age for me, but then story kept changing. Turns out parents were alive and were divorced. She never gave me any pics other than what was on site - match.com. I said i would take some digital pics for her, once i had bought dig camera, then she asked me to buy her one. i said no - and she said i was not really interested in her. She also said that she had no phone at home. I had no way of verifying anything she said. Her name was Grace. I kept her emails as a precaution.

Reply To This Message

Author: Alan64  (---.cable.ubr04.azte.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date:   05-31-05 16:35

thanks for all the advice folks i have emailed a few girls from these,s country,s and yes i have had some asking me for money but i,am not that silly to send it..it,s a real shame for the ladys who do want a weston guy..any way i shell keep my eye,s open for the fakess..alan

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-01-05 07:16

You should - but realize that 99% of girls are real and are genuinely looking for someone, but its just that a few scammers get on this websites and put up loads of fake girls. Check out anti scam web sites as well, they will tell you which agencies are good and bad for dating.

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-04-05 03:07

As regards Lugansk, i have a lawyer friend from Kiev that has been working their for the past month, and she says that the mafia do run the city and they control/have contacts at most of the agencies there, but she says that there are some honest women there that are looking. So i apologize since i implied that all the women from Lugansk are scammers, since it seems there are some real women in existence in this city. My advice is to avoid Lugansk agencies.

Reply To This Message

Author: Andrew  (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date:   06-29-05 17:19

I just got a Lugansk girl sending the first email, I figured it may be NQR because the pics are very model like and she's way out of my league. I'm glad I did not read some of the topics on scams a few months ago as my first ever Russian contact was a young girl from Zykovsky who just popped up out of the blue on ICQ to say hi because we had the exact same birth dates. We got to chatting on a regular basis and sending pics but all I ever got was scans of old pictures she had, I asked if she had a Digi Camera and she said no and could not afford one just yet but was saving up to buy one. Long story short, I purchased a Digi and sent it to her and it’s the best 300 I’ve ever spent.

She since has sent me a Russian Hat (Ushanka), 3 small Hand Knitted Crochet table covers which she made just for me in her spare time and a Ton of awesome pictures. We chat now pretty much each night and she is slowly teaching me Russian and I help her read English (using Skype to talk on the occasional weekend), Truly my best internet friend :-)

Sorry guys I kind of rambled on, Hi to all

Andreas

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.quantum.ru)
Date:   06-29-05 21:45

At least one warm story here :) I also don't think that things are too bad. There are still people who want some miracle in their lives :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-29-05 22:10

Andreas its great to hear a positive story !!! Hopefully we will hear more good stories coming from this part of Ukraine.

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-29-05 22:29

Zhykovsky is a small town by Moscow. You are not luck, James :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   06-29-05 22:45

i was hoping for a success story from lugansk :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-15-05 06:19

Just to rub salt into my wound, the only girl that i am currently corresponding with happens to come from, you guessed it Lugansk!!!!.

I was hell bent on exposing these women, i didnt expect a real nice one to pop out - took me completely by surprise.

I am still shocked at myself for corresponding with a girl from this city. This could get worse - i may have to go to this city !!!!

I was convinced that there were no nice women here and that they were all scammers.

I may end up being my own success story.

Reply To This Message

Author: Nadya  (---.ukrlink.net.ua)
Date:   07-15-05 21:53

James, you spend much time hunting for scammers. I can tell you and Jeffes are the most famous scammer hunters here and possible in all Internet. Do you have time for serious writting to desent women?It seams me no. Or am I not right? :):):)
best regards
Nadya

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-15-05 22:02

Nadya you are right - i write serious letters to girls that i think have serious intentions, and then later i find out they are scammers.

Also, temporarily (for another 4-5 weeks) i live in a place where i have no life so i have plenty of time for writing to nice girls and sometimes mistakenly to scammers. The place where i live is like siberia but warmer. :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-15-05 23:29

I suspect you already know every face in Lugansk city lol

Reply To This Message

Author: Nadya  (---.ukrlink.net.ua)
Date:   07-15-05 23:45

James, I think all is that because you are looking for girls who have nice photos. But one girl had written here on forum :if it's too god, it might be not true . But you are not one such man here. You is like the most men. You take all what shines. I know a very famous fotografer, who can do a beautiful girl from another ugly girl in really life on her picture. He has his date agency and give pictures of girls to another date agencies.
If you want to find nice girl with good soul you should to see not only pictures.
best regards
Nadya

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-16-05 13:22

I call them 50 cent women with a 600 dollar makeover picture

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-16-05 15:05

Hmmmm hasty conclusion. 1313 obviously has professional photos but hardly anyone will call her 50 cent woman (forgive me Natasha but your example is rather good)

:)

I do not see anything bad in aspiration to look beautiful. The question is how artificial this beauty in the picture.

Reply To This Message

Author: Liliya  (---.uzpak.uz)
Date:   07-16-05 15:33

To Tann: "...The question is how artificial this beauty in the picture."

or that impossible to see on this beauty in the picture

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-16-05 16:58

Well Nadya I think you are right, men are genarally visual, I read your post then looked at my favourets list and started to laugh. I think I must get real and remove a couple. OK so if I could ask the question, what do you guys and girls look for? Pesonally I go through the pictures and look at the face (mainly eyes), If I initially like the photo I then look further and read. oh also hair, I love long thick hair but of course there are many other things to do with it ranging from physical to personality etc but my question really relates to Nadya's shiney comment because I believe she has a very interesting point, without that first visual attraction we maybe would not progress to find out more.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-17-05 00:32

Come on Tann--this is the make-believe world of the internet. A person can project any image they fancy. I could do like Boris does,and lure American men in by proclaiming deep felt homosexual love for them.
I could spend 600 dollars or much less to deceive men by disguising myself in ladies attire. I could even get a nice set of breasts. I have physically met women who made themselves beautiful with 2 pounds of makeup and nice,new ,shiny false teeth. And a professional photographer. Of extreme importance is the light in a picture. I photograph furniture for e-bay,and it is crucial that the light be just right. Same as any picture. I am not so shallow as to be attracted to beauty alone,and even a woman who is not a goddess but loves me,becomes more beautiful in my mind,and my mind`s eye. Also,women who are accepted nationally as being beautiful are not necessarily beautiful in my opinion. .... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is an old cliche where the two young and beautiful internet lovers are in fact two old, broken down and ugly people instead. I am with you,Andrew. I try to see into the eyes first. Then I look for smile lines.

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance  (---.seattle-04-05rs.wa.dial-access.att.net)
Date:   07-17-05 02:42

All that glitters is not gold.

Nadya, you undestand perfectly. Too many men look for a pretty face, sexy photographs, and think they will sway such women with their personality and charm.

It just isn't true. If you could not date such a beautiful woman at home, someone with the face of a model and half your age, why... WHY do you think you could do it in theFSU?? Is it your money, or your passport? If that is all that you have to offer, that is all that will be taken ;)

I look for a beautiful picture, certainly. All people, men and women alike, look for beauty. It is our nature. However, I look for someone who is right for me, someone I could and would date at home. Yes, some women use makeup and lighting to hide the way they look. Men are just as guilty. Men send photos 10 years old :) However, in building a relationship with someone you should send candid and recent photos, it's a natural way of building that relationship. No one can hide themselves forever behind photographers tricks.

Reply To This Message

beauty in eye of beholder

Date:   07-17-05 03:41

Well, i always send girls recent pics taken within the last 3 weeks, and my pics on here were taken 3 months ago. So not everyone uses old pics. :)

So if you can date beautiful women at home, then you should be able to find beautiful woman to marry in FSU. Am i correct?

Also, i agree with Lance that you have to find someone that is right for you. I confess though that i dont always go for beauty, in that i find slim girls very attractive irrespective of beauty.

This holds true both ways - there are girls in FSU that put pics on profile just to attract men, and if you see them in real life they are just plain girl, so i wish girls would also use plain pics. I personally like it when girl has plain pic - because its the real her.

Anyways, time for me to study russian at coffee shop. :)

Reply To This Message

Author: Roy  (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date:   07-17-05 23:30

I am presently corresponding with a woman from this town. She is not so much beautiful as terrible awefully adorably cute. Her emails seemed so much from the heart and seem spoken from a young woman who is truly in love with the idea of being in love. But, if there are professionals there, they could easily fake romance as well as use other's fotos? Is there anyway or anyone that has pictures of known scammers. I really love "who" I think this woman is but if it is a ruse I don't want to waste my time or the scammers since I don't send money anyway. I would also love to see this woman in plain clothes and no make-up but... I won't hold my breathe too long..

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-17-05 23:45

go to www.anti-scam.org and they listing of scammers, so you can check to see if her pics are there. Have you spoken to her on phone? Normally girl has phone or friend has phone - thats a clue to seeing if she is real.

There are loads of professional scammers there - i have it on good authority, that agencies will find one girl that speaks good english and she will send emails to many men using pics of many girls - some legit pics and some taken from internet.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-18-05 01:18

If she is anything at all--she will spend too much money on the telephone in her desire to speak with you,and because she is serious,will ( of course! ) want to know everything about you. Make yourself available for deep questioning, expect it,desire it. And ask intimate questions ( within reason ) yourself. If this is the woman you will be married to 5 years from now, and you are communicating freely,the spark between both of you should make a light bulb seem dim.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-18-05 01:26

Just write her name/city in your search bar and press the enter button. Or write Russian scammers. You will link up to every site on the internet. If she is a notoriously popular con artist,even typing her first name and / the city will expose her.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-18-05 09:45

James wrote: "... Have you spoken to her on phone? Normally girl has phone or friend has phone - thats a clue to seeing if she is real... "

dear James, I do not think that talk on phone can to make sure to you that there is a real person..... better have some chat with cam, when you can watch real person.... if she have not computer or a cam at home, almost all internet cafe have web cam....

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-18-05 23:41

My friend one day just wanted to hear my voice and asked me to call her at work as we were chatting ICQ at the time. She gave me the number and I eventually worked out the area codes and got through. Her boss was away at the time and she said it was ok, the girl who picked up the phone says “Who do you want? Svetlana!! 1 minute please" (very suspicious tone in her voice and I could hear a small commotion in the back ground). We talked but I'm sure I got her in trouble although she will not admit it :)) Roy I think you will know if she is for real if deep inside you feel no real doubt.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-19-05 03:17

oh yes the lugansk girl was yet another scammer !!!

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-20-05 20:42

Well, She claims she has no phone. I also have suggested new pictures with a sign that says "Hi Roy, From (my name) and I sent her one of me but all it seems is too difficult or not possible other than emails so, as much as I hate to think it, it may be a scam.
Talking about meeting and travel arrangements without any phone conversations, voice chat or web chat always kinda makes me expect there to be a dollar amount next. It is sad and she (whoever the pictures are of) was so adorable and the emails (whoever wrote them) seemed very "from the heart" but almost too much like out of a romance novel (maybe another warning sign?) But I will check the sites, give her the benefit of the doubt until she starts asking for money with no phone calls or new pictures etc. Thanx all.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-20-05 21:00

I searched the scam website and only recognized one picture from another scammer on friendfinder.. Described exactly her emails to me and her request for money which I did not send thank god. But I am am still carefull.. I believe in meeeting halfway if possible or sharing the costs when we meet, not sending money..

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-20-05 21:21

Well, 100's of photos later... Gee, there aren't many scammers here are there? I maybe thought I barely recognized a only few of hundreds of photos.. Good news for me..

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-20-05 21:30

Get used to it - one girl from new-dating asked me for $150 to pay for some cats operation. The girl was from Lugansk, so no surprise there.

Also got 2 emails from a maria and natasha on this site, and they both sent me same pics. Wow what a surprise.

There are some real girls on here and you just have to send out more emails and find them.

So far i am running at about 40-50% of girls being scammers on this site, and i am not emailing girls from swimsuit catalogues, thats not my type.

Avoid friendfinder - there r loads of scammers on there.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 02:49

Is it okay for me to suggest other sites? It seems unethical. I do know of at least one site where the scam percentage is maybe 1 % Roy--these first letters from her are probably "canned" in other words,introductory letters sent to all men. There is nothnig wrong with this for the first 3 or 4 letters. You will definitely know when you get a letter from her in broken english--but this is usually a sign she is more interested in you. Beware though,some women have many many more canned letters. I received about 20 from a woman. I knew she was not sincere because she sent me the same letters on more than one occasion. Let me tell you that some of these women have evolved in trickery,and will substitute your name many times through the course of a letter. SOme also have programs to respond to you and they do not even have to lift a finger to the keyboard. Good old technology!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance  (---.seattle-19-20rs.wa.dial-access.att.net)
Date:   07-21-05 06:27

The first letter may be canned. If the second letter does not respond to my specific questions, she gets deleted. There are far too many honest, decent women for Anyone to waste their time with game players, or women who aren't sincerely interested in YOU.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 09:41

what happens is when she has run out of canned introductory letters,if she is not a "6" on the scale of 1-10 in english gramarism,her broken english is difficult for you to understand. However,if you are a thoughtful writer,you should express yourself in very simple writing,as if you were talking to a child. Do not use very large words. Even a translation service may have troubles interpreting some of these words. Also,remember that if she has been on her own quest for some time,it is quite natural that she has constructed some introductory "canned " letters. Men do this also. Do not be so impatient as to write her off. Instead ask her nicely to respond to direct questions. If she does not,ask again. If after a few letters you are feeling neglected by what you know to be ignored questions,it is a good idea to tell her so in her own language,cut and pasted from online translators. Her expense of having your letters translated may become prohibitively expensive or burdensome,and you will know this also, because she may "skim" your letter for key words which she already has knowledge of,and will respond to these words only.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 09:44

often a woman will be showing her letter from you to her friends,and they will cumitively interpret,while giggling over your picture,and as a team,interpreting words they may know,possibly referencing a dictionary also.

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance  (---.seattle-01rh15-16rt.wa.dial-access.att.net)
Date:   07-21-05 15:49

I do not disagree with what you say Blaine. There is nothing wrong with an on line translator. I use them sometimes, women use them sometimes, there is nothing wrong in that. Regardless, if an RW is truly interested in you, she will want to know what you have said, and will want to respond to your words, questions, or ideas. She will want communication and not an information dump. I guess this is all I am saying, if the the communication is one way, and not an exchange - move on. A woman genuinely interested in you will want to dialog, even if she has to use a dictionary to do it. Also, I agree that everyone needs to use simple language - no complex sentences or 25 cent words.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 16:05

touche` Lance. What woman does not want to know every single small detail of your life? I find myself asking these same questions also.

Reply To This Message

Author: Liliya  (195.158.19.---)
Date:   07-21-05 17:51

Lance wrote: "...There is nothing wrong with an on line translator... "

I want to tell to you Lance a very mach wrong word should have on-line translator.... I know it exactly, because two years ago I start to learn english just myself and used any translators a very often. I know now how much mistakes was in my letter or messages... yes this can to help sometime if you know english just a little and can to change any wrong words, but if english a new language you can not to do it..... in this case your letter would be like a gibberish, no more.... I know my english not so good now, but I learn it and trying to know better....

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 20:46

It is the grammar and phrasing of words and sentences that cause misunderstanding in any language. For example--in English we use an adjective before a noun. adjective=description word---noun= a person,place or thing. But in the Spanish language,a large ( big ) house would be called "house large" or casa grande. ANd many people in America call a prison " the big house",so there is more than one meaning to this. A poor translation or poorly chosen words can even seem insulting. I just wrote to a woman ( no names named ) and in my writing said that atheism is curious to me. This word curious may have seemed to mean odd or strange to her. I did correct myself by writing that "I" am curious about atheism.. A big difference in understanding when phrased correctly.

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (---.dialup.itte.kz)
Date:   07-21-05 21:08

To Lance: Great thank you for your wise comment about using simple language! Not many people here know English as well as know it Americans and Europeans (or as tann:)) and it often happens impossible to understand very hard, long phrases and sentences here. For good conversation here and in letter it's better to use standard and literary words with all grammatical rules. So many women and girls use online translators and dictionary. Also, I suppose, before writting here everyone have to think very much about what he'd like to say. So it seems many people are talking here only because they have much free time for to have fun. But for this there is private mail! With best wishes of best understanding, Elena.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 21:19

To Blane: for example I want to say - "I want one glass of wine" my translator give such variant "I want one goblet a blame".... :)

and I agree with Elena

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 23:51

Russian women call a profile a "structure",they also use the word "variant" to describe another idea. It is fascinating to me,and I enjoy the differences in words. This word "wine" ( vino) is similiar to and sounds like "whine" which is what a puppy does when he misses his mama. It is part of a joke about people from Washington state-a state which has much rain---- What is the most popular Washington state wine ( whine)::When is it going to stop raining? I like wine,but not whine very much

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-21-05 23:55

By the way,Liliya--I love the words in your structure--you say you do not want an "internet nightingale singing me love songs". Very witty,and very well and truly spoken!!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance  (---.seattle-16-18rs.wa.dial-access.att.net)
Date:   07-22-05 02:57

Liliya,

From Promt's on-line translator:

"? ???? ???? ?????? ????."

??? ?? ??????????

If it is Not right, then my Russian is even worse than I thought because it looks right to me :))

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-22-05 10:22

yes Lance it is correct, but I meant another.... if we will translate word "blame" we can see - blame is to critiscise someone for doing something wrong, is it right? but word "wine" implying a drink, which we wish to drink.... on russian these words have identical letters, but have different value.... :)
Liliya

Reply To This Message

Author: Lance  (---.seattle-19-20rs.wa.dial-access.att.net)
Date:   07-22-05 17:44

Thank you Liliya, I appreciate the lesson. I will probably never learn your language completely, but I enjoy learning as much as I can.

My point was that I have had reasonable luck, and no complaints from using an on-line translator, although I understand there are many different translators out there. I think part of the secret is to keep the text and sentence structure very simple.

If my girl does not want to have a glass of blame with me, well, there are many other women out there! :))

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-22-05 19:22

This word can also mean "fault" which is a little different then blame,but similiar. Fault also means the location of tectonic plates which rub together to create an earthquake. Here is another set of words to think about for you ladies. Two,too,and to. I have to say that the ladies who post here ( Tann,Liliya,Nadya,Elena) are very diligent in their learning of english. It is to be commended and admired!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Zhanna  (195.82.4.---)
Date:   07-22-05 20:34

To Blaine: I understood what you meant in your letter. And I wasn't insulted. No misunderstanding. I wrote you back that I didn't find it curious. Can absense of something be curious? Religion is something much more curious, because there is a lot of things to learn, like its history for example. I know my language may sound too simple and not always gramatically correct for someone who have learnt it for 2 years at Institute of Foregn Languages and worked for 2 years as an interpreter.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-22-05 22:13

To Lance: to know any language insufficiently just to read, write and speak, it is necessary to study to think on this language...... if you want to talk good you need to have a practice, but to think you need to study.... :)
I think you know this proverb "a cat in gloves catches no mice" .... :)
good luck, Liliya

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-22-05 22:45

Zhanna--thank you for responding to my letter. I know religion is a personal and sometimes very `touchy` subject,so I will not elaborate on it here. People have asked the question since time began-who am I? What am I? Why am I? I have incredible personal experiences which account for my still being alive,but we can save that for another topic ;0>

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (---.dialup.itte.kz)
Date:   07-24-05 14:56

Why do you not want to do it now, Blaine? You could open your topic right now, it will be very interesting for all, I am sure.:))

Reply To This Message

Author: Sheldon  (---.clspco.adelphia.net)
Date:   07-27-05 05:54

Hello

Do you notice that almost every picture from a girl from Lugansk looks like a a model out of GQ. I am communicating with one now. I hope she is for real but I have my suspicions. If there are some that you are suspicious of ..please let me know.
Stay tuned.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-27-05 08:55

just do not send money before you will have meet on real and be sure that she is only one right woman for you.....

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-27-05 09:36

Elena,when people who advertize for God come to my door,I am one of the very few people who do not turn them away,because I believe. And even if I do not believe in their religion,I tell them that my experience with God is a personal relationship. It really is. But I do not turn them away or be unkind to them,because they have the courage to reach out,and to give good words to people. I really care about people who care for others--whether they are man or woman. I have read about,and suffered much in my life--so I tell people who think Americans have all had life too easy that this is not my story,and I think only a few people anywhere could compare their life with mine. Part of the reason I tell people to forget about this scam thing is because as bad as your life will ever be--even a scam does not hurt as bad as losing a brother,losing yourself,your self-esteem, your home and family,your health. But you can start--or anybody can start a new topic,which I will be glad to engage in. I do find it very interesting what faith a person does or does not have.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.