New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Pre-nuptial or marriage contract..

Author: John  (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date:   04-29-06 19:01

Does anyone have any comments on requesting a pre-nuptial or marriage contract? I am unsure of the issues this might raise, due to both legal considerations (e.g. enforcement in the FSU) and cultural issues.
I am not asking because I am greedy, I am prepared to include a codicil that allows for a certain amount of renumermation in the event of dissolution of the marriage (or relationship). I am asking in the hopes of avoiding any potential difficulties that might arise. It would be as much for peace of mind as anything, as I do have and adult daughter.
Thanks for constructive comments.

Reply To This Message

Re: Pre-nuptial or marriage contract..

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   04-29-06 21:04

I know, I would not do it unless you hire a Russian lawyer, from here, so you would not be sorry when she takes it to court, and tells she did not understand about it (da).
The subject has been on a thread here, trying to remember which lady started it lol.

Reply To This Message

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   04-29-06 21:06

Whether the marriage contract between Russian girl and foreign the man is necess
By Angel
at bottom of page

Reply To This Message

Author: John  (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date:   04-29-06 21:14

Thanks for the pointer Andy, I had already figured that I would have to hire an international lawyer, have it translated and filed in both jurisdictions (as you said, more money for the lawyers).
It wasn't clear to me, from Angels' post, exactly what she was objecting to or if she was objecting to anything, it may be that she assumed that a pre-nuptial would preclude any common children. I'm not sure about FSU court rulings but I know that is not true in any jurisdiction in the US.
Thanks again, your a fount of wisdom! Some of it musta' been hard earned! (smile)

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.