New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 RU, FSU, CIS - which term is best?

Author: Dennis  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   06-27-04 21:58

I would like feedback (comments) on the terms RU, FSU and CIS for a project I am working on. I am interested in how common, how appropriate (or not) or how official these terms are to you. I am starting a new website and I want to use one of these terms in the title of the site. The site has to do with meeting women from Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova, Belarus and nearby countries. For example, although this is not the exact site name, it will be something like www.TrueLoveRU.com but I don't know if that name is perceived as only meaning Russia. Would www.TrueLoveFSU.com be better? Do most people know that FSU stands for Former Soviet Union or is it not so common do you think? Do you ladies use CIS to group the countries I listed above so maybe www.TrueLoveCIS.com might be best? I know I can get all names and link them to a single site, but I want to know what the strongest name would be.

Please list your city and/or country when you reply here so I know what perspective you have. And thanks to New-Dating for letting me post this - the site will not compete with you and I think we will become link partners. The site is almost ready and should be online in July. More information to come! Thanks!

Reply To This Message

Re: RU, FSU, CIS - which term is best?

Author: Rano  (195.38.166.---)
Date:   06-28-04 05:12

Hi Dennis,

to me RU really means Russia.

CIS is an official name of former Soviet Union, or what you call an FSU, so I wouldn't use FSU in the name of the web-site for sure.

Although CIS (Commonwealth of Independent States) is so much bigger that just RU (Russia), I would suggest that you use RU, since most of the foreigners refer to any ex soviet ladies as russian ladies, so in this case it would be more understandable.

As for me, I am coming from Kyrgyzstan (also part of CIS), but you even didn't list it in your post, LOL! :-)

I wish you Good luck with you site!

Thanks.

Reply To This Message

Re: RU, FSU, CIS - which term is best?

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   07-01-04 05:05

Hi Dennis!
I am from Russia, Kuban. Really, RU this Russia. So will best be a COM. Good luck you!

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.