New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 It's nice to have friends!

Author: john  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   08-07-05 19:23

President Putin has thanked the British and American navies for their help in saving the brave Russian submarine crew! Let's hope they party for a week, all of them.
Now comes Discovery at about 4AM Eastern tomorrow. May the landing be just as successful as the submarine rescue!

Reply To This Message

Re: It's nice to have friends!

Author: Paul  (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date:   08-07-05 20:02

I've been pretty busy and I didn't follow the whole story about the submarine problem, did it get into trouble when its prop got tangled with a fishing net do you know John? Or was the problem caused some other way?

Yes I'll be watching the return of the shuttle tomorrow as I'm sure most of the world will be. Those men and women are true modern day voyageurs.

Reply To This Message

Author: john  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   08-07-05 20:15

The prop was fouled in a fishing net. Thank goodness the help was accepted.

You know, Paul, I've been kidding you all along, but a neighbor kid told me that time goes slower as you go into space, according to Einstein's Theory. It might be a way to stay abreast (ahem) of these 22 year olds who are falling in love with us. If we went into space for a while we'd be the same age when we came back to them. They're smarter too, they are answering specific test questions that I have devised for them, at least the first paragraph of their letter is for real.

I ask them "Can you make golubtsi?", a great Russian stuffed cabbage dish, real peasant stuff. Natasha this morning came back with a whole recipe.

You know if I got someone young for 5 or 10 years maybe I wouldn't mind if she found some Rex Romance and took off, but would she go with half the pot?

Reply To This Message

Author: Paul  (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date:   08-07-05 20:40

Everything is cool John, no worries. I like to kid around to, but maybe you are better at it them I am. :-)

What a horrible feeling it must be if you are in the submarine and find out the prop is no longer operable as you start to sink to the bottom or the ocean. So yes it was a great day when they were rescued, its a great thing to work together as a team. Hopefully it will make the world a safer place to live.

Whatever you do don't start talking about perogies, that will make me hungry for sure. :-)

All ladies are interesting, I to am hoping to find the one who will accept me for who I am. I know what you are saying John, I agree.

Reply To This Message

Author: Gabriel Magana  (---.dsl.anhm01.pacbell.net)
Date:   08-07-05 21:25

I read that one of the sailors chose to stay on-board the sub after they had surfaced? Weird... But I am really glad this is a success story too...

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-07-05 21:38

what is cool is the spirit of internation cooperation. WHo could have imagined this even 10 years ago?

Reply To This Message

Author: Gabriel Magana  (---.dsl.anhm01.pacbell.net)
Date:   08-07-05 22:27

Heheh very true. 10 years ago we would've shipped the rescue equipment via UPS.... On purpose.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.