New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 What would you do for true love?

Author: Kimberly  (---.insight.res.rr.com)
Date:   08-08-05 00:53

What would you do for true love? I would like to get your ideas of what you would do for true love. Don't be silly and say something like "anything". Be creative.

With this site being an "international" site, what do you expect of that? Having read different things that people have written, what exactly do you want? I'm interested to learn what people are looking for and to what extent they would go to get it. If they truly found the love they desire.

Reply To This Message

Re: What would you do for true love?

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-08-05 01:23

Love lives inside of me. I am love. I am as this feeling which strives to erode away the mountanous obstacles in my pathway to the sea of life. If it does not happen,this feeling still owns me. It makes me look twice and smile at the towering oak tree,and when wind blows,it cuts through my soul and washes away the anxiety of my own doubts. The sea rocks my emotions gently,and pacifies me. Nothing seems extremely difficult when I feel the magnetic attraction to another person. Even if the love proves to be insincere or fleeting. Of course it could be this rum and coke I am drinking now to relieve myself of my own never-ending examinations. When you analyze yourself and the expectations you have of love,it seems to me that we are limited by our physical bodies,and can only go so far physically or mentally. The rest is cosmic and bigger than life itself. What is the limit of our reach and our desire? What would you NOT do? In what ways would you not compromise yourself? Would you declare a divisive line which exemplifies what is unacceptable in the relations,and at what point would you draw this line? I do not want to lose my identity,and this has made more then one relationship fizzle,and has made me think I am too heavy in thought for a relationship. Maybe too analytical,too questioning,too set in my old ways. I think that even if we are burned many times by love,we must be ready to be burned again and again or have the very private life of a hermit. And love all in life--in the hopes that love will find itself,and the search will not be all-consuming

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-08-05 06:27

I love that Darya. It is truly beautiful.

Like you was saying Blaine.........it's sad that we have a difficult time letting go of our past haunts. Everyone is scared of being hurt. And it can limit us, if we let it, of taking another chance.

But, love can also blind us. How many times have you been involved with someone, no matter if it was an intimate relationship or just a friendship, and we find we are taken advantage of?

It's almost scary to honestly LET yourself love someone as deeply as you really want to. To put yourself out there and let them know and feel everything about you. It took me a very long time to be able to see that I don't think I have ever did that. I know for certain that I NEVER had that with my ex-husband. Even after 13 1/2 years. It's strange when I think about that now. Believe it or not, he and I are still good friends. He still continues to ask me to remarry him. Which makes me very uncomfortable. But I now know that all we ever really had was friendship. My feelings for him now are just like a motherly thing. I hope he takes care of himself. But there is and never was that true love, romance and passion.

Sometimes I wonder if I am capable of it. If I meet the right person, that I will be able to love him that deeply and give totally of myself. I feel deep down that is what I want the most. I pray that if the time comes, I will be strong enough and smart enough to put aside my fears and let myself live and love to the fullest.

Kim

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-08-05 07:37

Strange how we always question ourselves. Our worthiness,ability to love , and to keep the passion alive in our relations. So often there are different levels of love,and one person loves or gives to the relationship more deeply than the other. I have been told to take advantage of this by loving the woman who is crazy in love with me-not the woman I am crazy in love with. But doesn`t this seem tragic and sad? And to know that the depth of your love is not the same for the other person? Aldo very sad if the person truly loves you. Many people are in love with the idea of being in love--the romantic spark of it,but not able to give themselves fully to it when some of the fire starts to dim. I believe that love is a condition,a lifestyle that we choose for ourselves. We choose to be loving,but there is no guarantee of being loved in return. Instead,you love each person in life as much as you are mentally and emotionally able to. The trouble is finding satisfaction with the partner,and feeling loved yourself. There would be a terrible emptiness in everybody of they were not given love in some way. This is why Darya has a dog,for example. Dogs love unconditionally,and you do not have to worry about being loved in return. For many people this may be the only real love that is given to them. Sad but true. Maybe I just solved my own problem!!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Philippe  (81.185.34.---)
Date:   08-08-05 19:18

The question is not "what would we do to gret, but to give true love; Your question is very interesting. True love is what everybody needs ans is seeking. First, there must be joy in you. If you give with love, forgetting your immediate interests, you will give true love. However, you will lact for yourself, too...An effort to, not to pollute your own universe is also an effort, not to pollute the planet ! After joy, an essential condition to give true love is to be in peace with yourself (to be continued !)

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-08-05 20:40

Blaine, your wise beyond your time. A true gem. I sure understand what you and Darya both said.

We are our own hardest critic. Always doubting ourself in one way or another. Sometimes I tend to study on a topic too hard. Look too far into it. When what I need to do is just accept it as it is. I'm usually pretty good at giving advice to friends. But not doing it myself. More like "do as I say and not as I do." :-)

I keep telling myself that old saying "love will find you when you least expect it." But like many people, it sure gets lonely at times. It may be the fact that I will turn 40 in a couple months. Geez, if that isn't depressing. :-)

Only time will tell.

Kim

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (---.dialup.itte.kz)
Date:   08-08-05 20:49

Really, Philippe, I agree with you completely that true love is always ready to give more then to get. Because giving to our beloveds all that they need we get great pleasure ourselves. Them's happiness is our happiness...

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.