New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 smoking in the FSU

Author: David  (---.orby.sth.bostream.se)
Date:   03-29-04 14:02

Hi folks
I've been living in Scandinavia for the last 4 years and one of the things I've found here is that many many many girls smoke. In fact Sweden and Norway are apparently the only two countries in the world where more women than men smoke.

I hate smoking and am very allergic to it, so this has obviously narrowed the number of gals I'd be willing to date here quite a lot. I note though there seems to be *many* girls on sites like this that say they don't smoke. But I also get the impression the younger gals (say under 23) seem to be more likely to smoke. Is this impression true? Do most gals in the 25-35 yr age group not smoke or are they not being entirely honest on their profiles?

It may seem a trivial thing, but i've tried being in relationships with smokers, and it didn't matter how much i cared for them, if you can't breathe eventually you give up and move on!

cheers
/david

Reply To This Message

Re: smoking in the FSU

Author: John T Owens  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   03-29-04 15:20

David, I know what you mean. I gave up smoking 25 years ago after my stomach started to bleed and a doctor told me it'd get better if I stopped smoking. I did, and it did.
Now if I go out with a girl who smokes, I'm tempted to try one.
The boyo never mentioned beer, and it never gave me any trouble. You want a laugh? The doc's name was Dr.Heineken. That's probably why I picked up on him. Subliminal.

Reply To This Message

Author: David  (---.orby.sth.bostream.se)
Date:   03-29-04 15:34

Hi John!
First of all, belated congratulations on quitting! I spent a number of years in alcohol and other drug research and people don't realise nicotine is waaayyyy more addictive than pretty much any other drug people use. Much more so than say cocaine or heroin, so kicking the habit is NOT easy!
A good thing you didn't visit Dr Dunhill :-)
cheers
david

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   04-21-04 23:59

Hi David!
You are a right, now many women and young girls smoke. But many women and girls, which take care of health their own ????? (as already available, so and future) do not smoke. I, for instance, do not love even mans smoker, to say nothing of woman!

Reply To This Message

Author: Ultra  (---.go-online.ru)
Date:   04-22-04 03:14

Hi David,
I agree with you that smoking is a terrible habit and I can not stand people who smoke myself. And yes, strange as it may seem but the younger girls (under 20) are more likely to smoke. This phenomenon can be explained: young girls-teenagers want to look older than they in fact are, so that to attract attention of boys who older than they are. They want to show how independent (from parents), grown up and “cool” they are…Girls are usually taught smoking at discos where some “dope” is required… It sounds very silly, I know, but this young girls’ attitude to smoking. I have forgotten to mention one more reason –they want to be “like others”…So young organisms get used to this bad habit very quickly…moreover let’s not forget about “stresses” which so often happen in teenagers’ life (unshared love, misunderstanding at school and at home etc.).Hopefully most of the girls when they are 23-25 become wiser and start to understand that it is time to take care of their health as they are future mothers etc. And they do their best to give up smoking and succeed. So when you see profiles of 25-35 year-old age group and they say “Smoking-no”, in most cases it is true. But keep in mind that it does not mean “never ever”. It does not mean that a lady does not smoke from time to time (“just for fun”) when she is among her friends who do smoke. It may happen occasionally.
So, I suggest you to look for your soul mate among those who do not smoke, but when you meet and it happens –don’t make any rush decisions. You should just explain to her your attitude towards smoking (and that your concern is not your “allergy to it” but that you really care of Her health). And if a lady really loves you she will give up smoking right away, I assure you. It would be the best convincing proof of her feelings to you.

I wish you good luck in your search!

Reply To This Message

Author: Rano  (195.38.166.---)
Date:   04-22-04 04:00

Hi all,

that's a great psychological outlook on the problems of juvenile smoking! (Ultra - ;-)

But yes, smoking is bad. I personally never smoked, and am tolerant for smokers, but I doubt that I'd be ever able to live with a heavy smoker....

Wish all of us to find what we're looking for!

Cheers

Reply To This Message

Author: John T Owens  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   04-22-04 04:50

My only thought on smokers is that I wish them all well, and the strength to give up the habit/addiction. It seems that when I go out with a woman who smokes I'm tempted to have that one or two after dinner, and that scares the life out of me. If we were living in the same house I might be right back where I was years ago, a virtual slave to the cigarette, one scarcely out of my mouth.

I'm told that China is one big cloud of smoke, and the Army owns the cigarette factories. Also Europe in general has a bad habit.

I think it is harder for a woman to give up the habit than it is for a man, maybe because of lower body weight the addiction takes firmer root?

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.