New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Visiting The Ukraine

Author: Pete  (195.10.1.---)
Date:   03-11-07 08:23

After hearing several stories of "bent" police taking money of visitors and other rip off stories I am wondering is there a safe way to visit the Country. Are there reasonably priced organsied trips, are there recommended hotels to stay in in Kiev, what are the do and don'ts when visiting?

Reply To This Message

Re: Visiting The Ukraine

Author: Julia  (217.25.199.---)
Date:   04-26-07 18:05

Yes.
There are.
you can contact Ukrainian touristic agencies or ukrainians who live in GB.
They will probably tell you where to go and to stop.
I live in Kiev and can help you to know more, if you need.
you can write.

Reply To This Message

Author: Cheatpope  (---.84-49-7.nextgentel.com)
Date:   04-27-07 16:41

I've been to Ukraine 2 times. Once in Kiev and once in Lviv. I had no problem at all. Just use common sense as you would do anywhere. Kiev is one the most beautiful cities I've ever been to, and I've been to quite a few cities. Of course if you get really drunk and act like a monkey with a lot of money, then it can cause problems... just like the rest of the world. Anyway, I recommend Kiev. I'd like to go back there. I was also in Lviv. I talked to a girl there who had lived in Sweden for 1,5 year, and she said she felt more safe in Lviv than in swedish cities. There are little violent crime in Ukraine, mostly pickpocketing and fraud. Make a photocopy of your passport to carry with you, and just have a small amount of cash. Leave cards at the hotell. I never felt unsafe, and I was out in the evening and night as well. I hired an apartment. That was great, no problems at all. They also picked me and my friend up in the airport. http://www.kievapartment.com/

Try to get a place to stay near Kreschatik street. That's the mainstreet in Kiev.

By the way.. they drive like crazy in this city.

Reply To This Message

Author: Jenny  (195.5.125.---)
Date:   06-12-07 20:00

hello everyone :)
somebody visited the eastern part of Ukraine(Donetsk, Lugansk). what are you thinking about themCheatpope wrote:

Reply To This Message

Author: Julia  (217.25.199.---)
Date:   06-25-07 09:54

Jenny, you are interested in men's oppinion or women's also?

I lived in Donetsk for 4 years.

Reply To This Message

Author: Kyle  (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date:   06-26-07 22:39

I visited Donetsk.
I had no problems, the lady I visited seemed more concern for my safety than myself ( just use common sense), I didn't find too many people that spoke English, but I did hire an Interpreter so there would not be any misunderstandings between the lady I met (she spoke very good English). The people at the Hotel were very helpful, even though the English was limited, we were able to understand!

Reply To This Message

Author: Yevgenia  (---.bp.imc-ua.net)
Date:   07-22-07 23:18

Ukraine the advanced European country. If you go to someone particularly ask that you have met. At the airport at once take the telephone of the airport, because there own the English language and can to you help.
In the Internet order a hotel accommodation, previously look a photo of a room. In small cities, it is better to take hotel in city centre, so it will be safe. All meetings nominate in crowded places, too in city centre.

Reply To This Message

Author: Mag  (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date:   07-25-07 16:41

It's an adventure , have the person you are going to meet to pick you up at the airport. There is the airport hotel within walking distance from Borispol airport in Ukraine it is about 100 dollars a night , they also provide a free shuttle to and from the airport . Be careful there is another airport within 40 minutes drive. A taxi to the train station or the center is 80 hrivnias. I had been to Ukraine twice , the last time was a month ago, the center of Kyiv is very rich and nice like all European down towns , I visited Vinnitsa and Uzhorod, nice poor cities compared to Kiyv. Very nice people but don't try to match drinking the shots of Vodka. The home made Vodka is much stronger than the Nemiroff, which is considered one of the best Vodka brand.
Good luck and good trip

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.