New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 A Big Thank You

Author: Kyle  (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date:   04-14-07 17:54

Hello Forum
I have had my profile on this sight for quite some time, and only in the last week or so, have I started reading in this section (forum). Wow!!! This place is the best place to learn about dating. Not just Russian/FSU ladies, but about life and what is expected.
I know that a lot of men write here about "scammers", but I think that this forum should be more than just about that, and be a place for uplifting and positive aspects also. And yes: advice.
That is where I would like to say a big "THANKS", some of you....and you know who you are, have poured your heart into advice. It was genuine and sincere. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to help.
So every body, use this forum! Read over the past post, and use the knowledge that is freely posted.
Marina, you are a God-sent....Thanks
And a thanks also to Sveta and Liliya.
Keep it up, y'all make this a good place to visit!!

Reply To This Message

Re: A Big Thank You

Author: Lidiia  (---.pool.ukrtel.net)
Date:   04-14-07 21:14

Hello!
Yes, this Forum really helps!
I had some questions too and got useful advices.
I want to join Kyle and to thank my friends Sveta, Marina and Galahad for their support!
Good luck to you all!

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date:   04-15-07 14:43

Dear ladies!
I can give you one more FREE advice (free is my favorite word here in the U.S.:) : LEARN ENGLISH!!!
You have UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY to use this live communication to improve your Grammar and Vocabulary. If you really want to get married with foreigners, GO FOR IT!
There is nothig better than participating in this discussion, ALL you need to do is just to TRY. And again, this is ABSOLUTELY FREE!

Kyle, again, just to say "Thanks" back to you means nothing...and you know that...
P.S. Your Present Perfect Tense is really PERFECT! :)

Warmly,
Marina

Reply To This Message

Author: Liliya  (---.range86-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date:   04-15-07 15:09

Author: Marina

"Dear ladies!
I can give you one more FREE advice (free is my favorite word here in the U.S.:) : LEARN ENGLISH!!!
You have UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY to use this live communication to improve your Grammar and Vocabulary. If you really want to get married with foreigners, GO FOR IT!
There is nothig better than participating in this discussion, ALL you need to do is just to TRY. And again, this is ABSOLUTELY FREE!"

I just want to add - same result you should get if will use any messengers - live chat is a very good training. Start chat and use for translation on-line translators or other and you will see how interesting it is.

Kyle - you are welcome. I believe so nice and openminded man like you should find someone special.

Good luck to everybody.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-15-07 18:51

Hello, again.
English is almost spoken anywhere, and all airports use it, it is good to know even a little, but I think it would be grand if the "gentlemen" on this sight had a chance to learn a little Russian.
I only know a few basic words, and I'm trying to find someone to teach me, but I'm in the heartland of America, and the only foreign languages spoken around here is Enlish (with a southern accent) Slang (yeah with a southern accent) and Spanish....with a Southern accent.
But I will keep trying, it should be nice if gentlemen are serious, to at least try to learn a few simple phrases in your special ladies native tongue.
Kyle,

Marina and Liliya......you two have updated your photos, Very Nice!!!!
I cannot believe that is your real age on your profiles.......surely you are much younger than the stated age.

Reply To This Message

Author: Lidiia  (---.lns2-4c.kharkov.ukrtel.net)
Date:   04-16-07 02:12

Hi, Marina!
Yes, you are right: it's a great opportunity to make our English language more perfect, giving and reading some comments.
Though I'm a woman I want to make a compliment to you too. You look very young and attractive. It's pity that such a woman has to search for love on internet. You live in New York, "City of big opportunities', is it really difficult to find a solemate?
Reading your comments on Forum, I've thouht you are from Russia and English is not your mothertongue. Am I wrong?

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-16-07 22:14

Lidia, you made me red… The compliment received from a woman is… priceless! But as you can guess, if “such a woman” is not able to find a suitable man, probably something is wrong with… “such a woman”!
Yes, you are right. Fortunately or unfortunately, but my requirements for the men are really “high”. I don’t need anybody’s money or financial support; I am an independent woman, I have a good job in a great company. All what I need is just to meet a warm, sincere and reliable man. That’s all!
America is a great country to live in, and NY is the BEST city in the world, but for some reason it is a city of single people, and not many of them hurry into marriage, leaving their customary world. Probably same thing is happening to me as well… OR I just haven’t met MY special man…
Regarding language, of course English is not my first language, too rough and limited (I cry because of jealousy when I read Kyle’s excellent writing), but if to take in account my senior age and the fact that I have been living in the U.S. for less than 5 years (only or already?!!!) I would like to believe it is pretty fine. When I came here, I couldn’t speak NO ONE English word, and it was so hard to learn it (and make some money for living!). I was in despair, until one day I just woke up and realized that English is not a foreign language for me any more; it is a language I have to live with! All in this world really depends on us, it’s true.

My warm regards,

Marina

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-17-07 13:19

Hi, Marina!
Thanks for your reply. Don’t feel confusion, please. I would be glad to know that I raised your spirits high! It’s never difficult for me to do pleasure for a good person.
I admired the way you not only could survive in strange country but achieved a success. That’s the reason you know your true value. An oriental poet Omar Hayam wrote that it’s better to live alone than with not right man. To find your half is very difficult. But who searhes that always finds. I think everyone has his own right to be happy and sooner or later he will find his own solemate.
The strange things are happening with me now: for a long period of time I’ve been living alone and that’s why I’ve begun to search for love on internet. When I’ve found, some unmarried men in my real life began to display a keen interest for me. Where were they when I suffered from lonliness? Or it is a law of our life: we always have to make a choice?
So, Marina be sociable, active and you will find the right man you want.
My best wishes,
Lidiia
P.S. I’d never agree to live in America, I don’t understand girls rushing to America and making everything possible and impossible to get a visa to the USA. I love my country and Europe.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-17-07 14:06

Thank you Lidia and Kyle, your words made me blush like a rose, but it is soooooooooooo nice to hear from young people, especially from woman - I agree with Marina :)

My dear friends you should believe than this day will become and you will meet someone special. Always believe, always only positiv thoughts. Even if you get some bad experiance - you should say yourselth - Now I now how it work!!!

All the best wishes, Liliya

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-18-07 14:16

Dear ladies, thanks for your supportive messages; you’re right, let’s keep our chin up!
Lidia, I agree, it is very important to make sure that the country you would like to live in is right for you; otherwise you may suffer for the rest of your life.
As for me, 5 years ago I have started a completely new chapter in my life. Everything was new, people, language, customs and traditions, life style, and of course new opportunities, life quality, doing things you have never done before, traveling to the fantastic and exotic places; all that make my life filled up with new expressions and emotions, and that is so EXCITING!
Regarding the choices we always have to make I would like to recommend you to watch Sex and The City, the smartest, widest and very educational show about all aspects of relationships among men and women. I am learning a lot …
Best regards
Marina

Reply To This Message

Author: Lidiia  (82.207.36.---)
Date:   04-19-07 21:24

Hi, Marina!

Thanks for your comment.
I saw this film, it’s rather interesting but I tnink it can’t be a guide for me. The best Teacher is Life and sometimes we should make our own mistakes. I know the saying “A fool learns on his mistakes and a wise man does on other’s ones”. To understand something important it’s necessary and I’ve never regreted about this useful experience.

Marina, how did you get to America? Didn't you afraid of strange country in which you, not speaking English that time could be unhappy without friends and relatives? You are a brave woman!

Reply To This Message

Author: Cheatpope  (84.210.51.---)
Date:   04-20-07 15:26

Hey Kyle.. a tip about Russian. It's possible to get courses on cd. It may be a bit difficult, but can help to get a little further. You have something called: Russian now v.8 (cd - learning program you can run on your computer)

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-22-07 15:30

Hey Cheatpope,
Thanks, yeah I've tried a few of those CDs, but I guess I'm a little thick, it is like trying to learn to ride a bicycle from a book! I guess a little interaction would help me more than saying some words into a microphone and hoping I said them correct.
But, I will try again, and again.....
Kyle

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-22-07 21:43

Dear Kyle!
Don't be lazy! :)
I studied English with books...
Why not to try?

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-23-07 00:06

Hi Kyle,

I hope this link should help for you for a little while - my husband use it when we just start our relations .
http://www.languagehelpers.com/Russian/TheRussianAlphabet.html

And either I would like advice to use more chat through any messenger with russian speaking lady - live chat was help me a lot to learn english.

Good luck and all the best wishes, Liliya

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-27-07 02:01

Thank You Liliya for the internet address!
I know cyrillic alphabet....but it takes me a while to pronounce, but that sight is helpful. And it should speed up my learning, but I not sure I will ever be able to say some words...my old American mouth just can't make the notes :-) No matter how I try....I still have a problem saying the word "pleasure" in Russian. I must commend you on your English! You have been most helpful.
Thanks
Kyle

Reply To This Message

Author: Liliya  (---.range86-140.btcentralplus.com)
Date:   05-02-07 21:40

You are welcome, dear Kyle :)
I hope it could help you for a little, because with pronounce.
Good luck and all the best wishes, Liliya

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.