New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Why is it expected for the man to pay for all the travel expenses?

Author: JeffS  (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date:   08-14-05 17:32

The woman is leaving her country. More than likely she lives poorly not due to lack of money but lack of goods. So why should the man have to pay the bill for everything. Travel, phone, ect. The woman is getting the better deal yet she brings nothing to the table. Most of these woan are so arrogant I can't be bothered answering their letters. I think these foreign woman feel they are gods gift to mankind. However, they speak little or no English and they have trouble living in other countries. I say leaves these woman in their own countries and let them struggle. There are plenty of beautiful woman in our own countries and they speak English.

I hear many stories from Russian woman about their husbands drinking to much and this is the reason for their divorce. I am starting to think it is not the men in Russia but the cold hearts of these woman. Things are tough everywhere in this world but as a couple we stay together and struggle through the problems. Russian people just divorce when things get tough and we as men think these divorced woman are a prize catch if we get them. Something is wrong with this picture or as men we are just sick.

Reply To This Message

Re: Why is it expected for the man to pay for all the travel expenses?

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-14-05 20:29

My dad is an alcoholic. We kids had nothing when we were little. My mama also suffered. Dad hustled pool games and partied,and was more concerned for himself then us. He and my mom fought because of his drinking,partying,hanging out with his drinking buddies in the bars. I also found out many years later that he was playing with women he met in the bars. My dad and mom were divorced when I was 8 years old. My mama met a man who was an army ranger in the Korean War. He was also an alcoholic,and worse than my dad. He had violent episodes when drunk-which was also a way of life with him. He would try to run me over with his car,and sometimes when I came home,he would be hiding behind the door waiting to beat me up. 5 years of this. Our home was battered and torn. My mama struggled to raise 4 children. SO I understand what women go through in alcoholic relationships. Selfish men who feed their immaturity with a bottle (or several ) each day,and turn their backs on the family. You should know this, Jeff. The places I lived in South Carolina had more hard alcohol drinkers than Montana ever did. Montana is a beer state. But alcoholism is a way of life,and the people who live with alcoholics suffer from neglect and alcoholic rage. Men and women who give up on their families ( and themselves)

Reply To This Message

Author: Mixtli  (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date:   08-14-05 21:52

No one forces the man to pay, but it is obviously the most interested part will make an extra effort. (In most of these cases, the most interested part is the ugliest one.)

I believe the reason why they don’t answer is simple, they are simply not interested, and I don’t see that as arrogance, but everyone has the right to choose who to answer and yes, for most normal people, age and looks are important (there is no way someone will "guess" how the other person feelings are just by reading a profile and looking at a picture.)

Reply To This Message

Author: Kimberly  (---.insight.res.rr.com)
Date:   08-14-05 22:53

I don't think one person or the other should pay all expenses. It, in the right situation, should be split 50/50. I also would not expect anyone to pay for me to travel to see them. If I am the one doing the traveling, I pay my own way. I have always had a problem with someone paying for me. It made me feel like I owed them something. But there are too many people out there who are ready to take advantage when given the opportunity. It's a shame.

Kim

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-15-05 01:18

We do not divide everything 50/50 in a relationship. Since when has anybody gone "Dutch treat" in a relationship? Sometimes it is 60/40 sometimes it is 80/20. You cannot expect everything to be split in half,and when it comes to a long distance relation it is the same. Especially if sheis making 70 USD a month. But,and now pay attention closely--she can take the edge off of the expenses by arranging suitable and reasonable lodging in her home city. She can make the difference between you paying 70-100 dollars a night for a hotel room,or paying 300 dollars a month for a nice flat owned by her in-laws or friends. This flat may also have cooking implements which will further reduce your overhead expenses. She can send to you the letter of invitation required by some countries,and also make arrangements for inexpensive interpreters if need be. There is much that a sincere woman would offer to do to help make your visit less expensive--and this adds to the monetary equation.

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (---.17.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   08-15-05 13:53

I think all depends from possibilities, we can not compare income here and abroad

Reply To This Message

Author: Mixtli  (128.221.4.---)
Date:   08-15-05 16:26

I agree with Blaine. Equal treatment between unequal people, is not equal. If someone makes 10 times more than the other person, it doesn’t make sense to have a 50-50 share on spendings.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.