New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 A new movie about Russian women who are looking for an American husband

Author: Kate  (---.plattmather.com)
Date:   09-28-05 12:23

Hello, everybody!

I would like to know what American men looking for a Russian wife might think about such a movie.
Here is a preview:

"Every year thousands of young Russian women leave their homeland for America with a fiancee visa.

Every year thousands of Russian immigrants leave America and go back to their homeland.

These controversial facts made two Russian women-filmmakers pick up a camera and meet with various people in both countries looking to find answers and explanation to a few questions and one phenomenon.

What makes American men travel across the world looking for a wife in the depths of the former Evil Empire?

Are Russian women marrying their "foreign soul-mates" or the "financial stability"?

What makes immigrants leave their dream country and go back to their homeland?

Different countries, different voices, different faces, different opinions made ONE film that deals with serious personal and social issues in a light, entertaining manner."

The official site of the movie can be found here: http://www.flyovercountrymovie.com/index.php?section=2

Reply To This Message

Re: A new movie about Russian women who are looking for an American husband

Author: Paul  (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date:   09-28-05 18:38

That is a very interesting topic for a movie Kate, can you keep us more informed about things you find out?

Reply To This Message

Author: Bonny  (---.200.188.246.dial.online.kz)
Date:   10-03-05 07:35

Has someone watched movie "Foreign affairs"? I recently watched... awful! I really felt sick! Can't believe all are such!

Reply To This Message

Author: JeffS  (---.180-pool-cable-he.sccoast.net)
Date:   11-07-05 07:41

Foreign woman married to American men are frowned upon by American woman and most Americans. Social and racial issues will never go away. America is a country just like any other country. Every country has it's issues with foreign people. Russia is not excepting certain foreign people, nor is France etc.. The U.S. is being overrun by people coming from Mexico illegally and the American people are pushing hard for the U.S. govt. to stop this illegal flow. It is not so much the person but the fact their foreign. I know there is not a woman on earth that could get me to leave the U.S., I was born here and I love my country. I can understand why these woman return to their homeland. Best advice I can give any foreign woman is to come on a travel VISA to see if they like the country they are moving to. We are all on the same planet but we are all different. I lived through the cold war and hiding under my desk at school in case of a nuclear attact. My trust for the USSR people will never be what it is like for people from other countries. This is just a fact of life and I am sure some USSR people feel the same way. There is so much misstrust in computer romances it is sickening. Then ya have the scammers. It seem deceit just never stops on the p/c. This is why I am never serious about a p/c romance. Give me the girl next door anyday. :))

Reply To This Message

Author: Marc  (---.access.telenet.be)
Date:   11-14-05 01:04

If you are Russian: do not go to the USA!!! this is crazy, the difference WILL kill you! it's much better to just go to another european country: it's much nicer, peaple are friendlier, and the "man" you are looking for... is a real man and not a hollywood charactre... :-)

Reply To This Message

Author: Watt  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   11-15-05 12:54

Marc!! Nothing personal against you sir.. but that is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard...lol...I have lived here all my life and it hasnt killed me yet.. :)) We are very friendly here and alot of nice people too..we also have real men to who are serious about love and romance.

:) have a nice day

Reply To This Message

Author: John  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   11-23-05 02:43

Marc, I think you were either drunk when you wrote what you did or you just never have been to the southeastern part of the U.S. maybe not many other parts from where you live. Americans are like any other people. Some good, some not so good and some just plain bad. That dont mean all of us are bad. You will not find any hollywood characters unless they are in the just plain bad category. Only thing here that will kill you is bad people or ignorant people. Everybody from every different contry is different from each other, that does not mean that are bad. What part of Europe are you in anyway Marc?

Have a great Thanksgiving

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.dsl.milwwi.ameritech.net)
Date:   12-12-07 04:01

Can anyone remember if this movie ever was released? I cannot find any other reference to this whatsoever.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.