New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Scammers

Author: Joseph  (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date:   10-28-07 03:59

Hi Julia,

To be clear, I meant no disrespect to ladies like yourself who write toughtful profiles... very nice by the way... and honestly hope to meet someone nice here. You share the same trusting, hopeful spirit that I would hope most of the men here have.

I do not believe the "girls" I refer to are even individuals, but likely fake agencies with writers who send out prewritten letters, then claim the "girl" can not pay and want money to translate. Several times, as a test.. I stopped writing for a week, answered the same ad with the same letter and the prewritten letters began again.

It is not about the money with me. If in the first letter a nice girl said I can not afford translation, I would likely pay translation until I determined if she was someone I would like to know. But the technique is to write several letters never mentioning the translation need, then spring an Agency Letter demanding payment or never hear from the "girl" again.

It is not about small amounts of money for me, it is about investimg time and emotions to try to get to know someone only to find out they are likely only a writer working for a fake agency.

Look at the Stop Scammers section of this site. Click on Gallery and of the top 4 rows, 8 of those "girls" tried some scam on me and 6 more tried and I just got tired of reporting.

To be fair, I contacted about 30 women here during my first two weeks of membership. I know the attributes I look for... first being a warm smile and loving personality... beauty and age are down the list. I send a warm and friendly letter that is honest and open.

VERY rarely do I get a response that mentions even ONE thing that I have told about. I always write a follow up letter, even when I think it is a fake I tell them I am not interested in prewritten letters.

9 times out of 10, the letter saying no more letters that do not answer or reference comments I have made.. are replyed to with prewritten letters from a series.

If I am jaded, maybe so. I am honest and open and expect others to treat me like I treat them. I have not experienced that here with the exception of a few nice people.

I hope everyone finds what they are looking for which in my case is happiness. Best wishes to all... I think I will close my New_dating chapter.

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Scammers  new
Ian 10-26-07 23:40 
 Re: Scammers  new
Joseph 10-27-07 03:19 
Ian 10-27-07 10:55 
Julia 10-27-07 18:32 
Joseph 10-28-07 03:59 
Marina 10-30-07 18:07 
Marina 10-28-07 06:48 
Ian 10-28-07 08:33 
Angelika 10-28-07 13:46 
Marina 10-30-07 17:51 
Marina 10-28-07 23:29 
Joseph 10-29-07 02:57 
Ian 10-29-07 07:22 
Marina 10-30-07 04:42 
Patrick 12-01-07 20:19 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.