New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Help with russian translation

Author: Ken  (---.mn.client2.attbi.com)
Date:   01-29-04 00:54

What does this mean when someone that is writing in english that is russian sends you this phrase?

I do not transfer you?

I can only assume that this is a literal translation of a russian word or phrase to english. I don't understand the context it is being used exactly. I was hoping you could help me translate this better into english. Any ideas?

Reply To This Message

Re: Help with russian translation

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   01-29-04 10:43

I find 9 words. Try use not "transfer", but "overload".

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-29-04 19:04

I was trying to understand the womans use of the words. Here is how she uses it when she writes me letters in english.

"I thought of you and concerning our friendship. I hope only, that you do not transfer me. "

"I do not transfer you, and as I shall try to write to you each day."

I think she is doing a literal translation of russian to english. The words "not transfer" or "transfer to me" aren't making sense? I was hoping someone might help me with this. I want to better understand what she is trying to communicate.

Reply To This Message

Author: John T Owens  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   01-29-04 22:31

Ken: The Russian word "peredavat" can mean" to pass possession of something to someone else", so "I hope you don't pass me along to someone else", but it seems awkward. Ask her to explain it in other words.
Our Russian female friends are so imaginative with their usage of language, much more than we could be in using Russian.
At any rate she seems to value your friendship.

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   01-30-04 01:35

Ken, I too not understand her message. Much it is difficult to translate with english text, which was already translated russian to english. So use advice from John.

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (---.dc.ukrtel.net)
Date:   01-31-04 04:23

I think she meant "betray" :)
predat or peredat? she inserted one extra letter, and the computer programm translated the word peredat... at the same time the word predat can also have meaning to hand over...

the phrase does make sense: I hope you will not betray me.

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-31-04 13:42

I think Irina's explanation could mean that she hopes that I am not lieing to her or trying to deceive here. I'll have her send what she means in russian next time. I'll post it here.

Irina you are a very pretty woman! =)

Thank You!

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.