New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Why is it expected for the man to pay for all the travel expenses?

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-14-05 20:29

My dad is an alcoholic. We kids had nothing when we were little. My mama also suffered. Dad hustled pool games and partied,and was more concerned for himself then us. He and my mom fought because of his drinking,partying,hanging out with his drinking buddies in the bars. I also found out many years later that he was playing with women he met in the bars. My dad and mom were divorced when I was 8 years old. My mama met a man who was an army ranger in the Korean War. He was also an alcoholic,and worse than my dad. He had violent episodes when drunk-which was also a way of life with him. He would try to run me over with his car,and sometimes when I came home,he would be hiding behind the door waiting to beat me up. 5 years of this. Our home was battered and torn. My mama struggled to raise 4 children. SO I understand what women go through in alcoholic relationships. Selfish men who feed their immaturity with a bottle (or several ) each day,and turn their backs on the family. You should know this, Jeff. The places I lived in South Carolina had more hard alcohol drinkers than Montana ever did. Montana is a beer state. But alcoholism is a way of life,and the people who live with alcoholics suffer from neglect and alcoholic rage. Men and women who give up on their families ( and themselves)

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Why is it expected for the man to pay for all the travel expenses?  new
JeffS 08-14-05 17:32 
 Re: Why is it expected for the man to pay for all the travel expenses?  new
Blaine 08-14-05 20:29 
Mixtli 08-14-05 21:52 
Kimberly 08-14-05 22:53 
Blaine 08-15-05 01:18 
Irina 08-15-05 13:53 
Mixtli 08-15-05 16:26 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.