New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Check it out!

Author: Lorentz  (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date:   05-11-06 17:24

Well Blaine; You know,.. I think that I’d worry a bit if you and I were to agree on absolutely everything. Some difference of opinion is healthy and I can’t imagine that you feel otherwise. – The sole, simple key to maintaining successful co-existence is,.. at least respecting the right of the other individual to both possess and voice his perspective. With that in mind, sitting right on top of our list of what we agree to disagree upon would have to be our own personal definitions of who we label as “friends.”

“D” big forehead above is not the first time where I have observed you interact with a female member on this site and offer some clever, innocuous comment, only to get some untowardly rude remarks in reply, and then I watch in amazement when YOU apologize.
- Sorry Pard. – this looks too much like a one way street with no off-ramps for me to label it as being anything “friendly.” I prefer to recognize two way streets, that you can get off anytime you wish, but don’t – because you know you are on the right road. My further point to you is, just like I think some of these “ladies” should learn, - that if you apologize so quickly either your saying “I’m sorry” is insincere, or your initial statement was ill-advised. Just for arguments sake, I reviewed “our” respective posts above and see nothing worth retracting and most certainly no reason to mutely placate some rude little hyper-negative malcontent with bad manners and some “age” issue. Personally I think she’d better start treating her father with some more respect, as he may be the only man in her life, ever. I don’t think that it would take Nostradamus to predict that there’s an old maid in the making if there ever was one. If she understands English as well as you say, then there should have been no call for any condescending or disparaging reply from her. The last line of her post to me was ‘What did I expect ??’ - Well “D” how about a little common courtesy ??

Honestly, I see none of this in my interactions with “dating” members, just “posting” members. If I did, I suppose the interaction would be short lived, but such has not been the case, and some of these contacts seem to be as successful as it is possible to expect.
As perceptive an individual as I suspect that you are, I am in disbelief that you do not clearly see the persistent negativity and uncommon man bashing that emanates from some of these female “posters.” ( certainly not all, just some- and as you know, these same someone’s have no legitimate purpose for being on this or any date site. One particular entity was one of the most prolific scam demons in the free world.) I can’t think of anything that gets my BVD’s in a bunch quicker than somebody peeing on my head while they’re telling me “it’s raining.” – Above,- “Don’t take it personal” – after I have been “personally” addressed and she has gone to the trouble of looking up my “personal” profile to comment on her “age” hang up, as if it was my “personal” problem.
( Which, by the way I had already inadvertently discussed, - so,.. how useless was that ?)
My “fave” format is “exsscyouss pleece, eenglishh nott soo good-ski – entendd too ensullt U.- U veery faatt ande ughelee , Braha, hah, hah, hah!! – Soo sorry, nott mean too offend.” - My point is that it is not the insult at all that is even bothersome, it is the fact that they attempt it – out of the blue, without provocation, and COUNT on the fact that you will back off.

So,.. – as to your “friend” – in all serious candor I find nothing worthwhile, interesting or even remotely attractive about this individual, irrespective of age, and that was before she “spoke.” Since then, I only gage an unhappy, frustrated, ill-mannered, self-abuser that seems intent on letting everyone know how unpleasant she can be. Apparently, between her peers and parents no one has yet expressed to her that her behavior is unacceptable, and on occasion she may encounter someone who can be just as unpleasant back. – For the record, I would have been happy just leaving my cute little post where it was and gone on about my business. And honestly, if “this” required any measurable amount of energy at all, - of course it would not be worth it, - but as with Quasimodo – I had a bit of fun and hope that others had a good chuckle at the exchange. Frankly, I think you rate the opposition with much more regard than is deserving. She is using a dictionary like everyone else or her choice of “ninny and nincompoop” would not have been in her label for you. You’d have to perhaps look in a history book, but I’m pretty sure the last time those words were in common use is back when Hoover was president.

We shall see,..- and maybe we will all get lucky and just get on to a new thread.

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.