New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: scamming agencies

Author: Dennis  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   06-04-04 00:44

I have some insight on Anastasia. They are legitimate, but..... They have one part of their business which is an email system. Guys end up paying $6 to $8 per letter and it is rife with scammers and fake letters. This happens because (1) the marriage agencies who have the women's profiles make a percentage for every letter their girls receive/send so they add a lot of fake ones to make more money, and (2) Anastasia makes a bunch of money on the volume too, so instead of policing the system or trying to change it so there are not so many scam letters, they just milk it and refund fees when someone complains. They also operate a tour/socials business and help with visas and other services which I have read many compliments about.

Being a small businessman myself, I understand why they do what they do, but it is below my ethical standards to accept payment for bogus letters, which I believe are a high percentage of this particular email system. Most guys figure it out after a while and just drop out, a few dollars lighter in the wallet, and others actually get real letters. Overall, I think it is a bad deal. It is a "Buyer Beware" situation, and just makes me realize the best way to do this whole relationship thing is to SEND NO MONEY and just go over there and meet someone. Oh, and don't use the Anastasia or AnastasiaWeb email system. Does anyone here remember the old e77.com site that European Connections of Atlanta, GA ran. It was very similar. Buy tokens for $5 - $8 a piece and use them to open or send emails to women. It was the same deal - most letters were fake in one way or another and the company milked it as long as they could, taking a lot of $$ to the bank and refunding when someone complained. Biggest problem was that you ended up spending $50 to $200 or more before you caught on, and the refund was just for the letter you determined was a scam, so they got most of the money and you only got $5 or $10 back. But I will never take a tour with European Connections and probably won't with Anastasia, even though I never got sucked in there.

By the way, part of this scam set-up casn include you being offered a "free" ad that women can see. I don't recommend posting such an ad if it leads to you getting replies that you have to pay to open.

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 scamming agencies  new
Wayne Westaway 05-24-04 05:39 
 Re: scamming agencies  new
JeffM 05-31-04 08:37 
tann 05-31-04 18:22 
kevin 05-31-04 22:32 
tann 06-01-04 16:00 
Wayne Westaway 06-02-04 01:37 
kevin 06-03-04 00:48 
 Re: scamming agencies  
Dennis 06-04-04 00:44 
Wayne Westaway 06-04-04 04:11 
Roberto 06-05-04 13:25 
Dennis 06-06-04 09:51 
Roberto 06-06-04 17:58 
Dennis 06-08-04 08:10 
Tatiana 06-16-04 14:23 
Tatiana 06-16-04 14:34 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.