New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Going to Moscow

Author: Ken  (---.bctel.ca)
Date:   12-20-04 20:32

I am going to Moscow is there places that i should got to meet the one for me can anyone help me out?And where to stay?

Reply To This Message

Re: Going to Moscow

Author: James  (---.ma.dl.cox.net)
Date:   12-21-04 19:56

I would suggest a stay at Hotel Rossiya. It is right there on the Red Square and has a beautiful view of Saint Basil and there are many nice eating places and things to do. I was there in October.
But you might want to write and not just hope that a girl will write you. I am sure that you will get a nice response.

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.ppp144.yaroslavl.ru)
Date:   12-22-04 00:23

Give an ad in the Moscow Times paper before your trip http://www.themoscowtimes.com/indexes/01.html and in The St. Petersburg Times if you go to St. Petersburg http://sptimes.ru
Sure, you will get plenty responses. Have a nice trip :)

I suppose hotels are a bit expensive in Russia. I know some nice places in St. Pete but not familiar with Moscow.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marcus  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   12-22-04 14:03

Oh one thing. Make sure you get a Moscow visa when you get there. Not the same thing as the visa you get from the US. Many of the hotels will do this for you, make sure it's taken care of or you just might get pulled over by the cops and they will tell you that you don't have Moscow visa.

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (83.239.12.---)
Date:   12-22-04 22:49

Hotel Rossiya already not exist... In Moskow demolished 7-8 Hotels...

Reply To This Message

Date:   12-22-04 22:53

To get to the hotel is there lots of cabs that can take me into moscow and i heard that they can over charge you lots?

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.ma.dl.cox.net)
Date:   12-23-04 00:55

Yes there are plent of cabs and you can expect the cabs to charge from $50-75 to the Hotel from Airport Sheremeteyo. I didn't realize that they
had already demolished Hotel Rossiya because I stayed there in October
and it was fine, so you might check that out for sure. Just go to Expedia website and look up for Moscow Hotels or go to moscowhotels.com

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.ppp144.yaroslavl.ru)
Date:   12-23-04 09:43

Hello, I think I should make things clear as a Marcus`s message can confuse someone. I believe he is talking not about visa but about "staying registration". Under the Russian law every foreign guest should make a registration during for 3 days. It concerns not only Moscow and the visit should be more than 3 days.

For registration you will need your passport and migration card (which you will get on border crossing - in a plane or border office. A border officer should put stamp on it, be sure of that).

If you stay in hotels - don't care about things, just inquire about registration and be sure they will give you this paper after leaving (for not having problems on the border going back).

This is a stupid thing, I know but what we can do...

1. Normally cops don't stop foreigners - untill they don't look like potential Chechenian terrorists or illegal immigrants from Tadjikistan, Turkmenya, Georgia, Vietnam, Chaina etc. I bet no one will stop you if you are having European appearance.
2. Normally no one cares about registration on the border but sometimes young officers want to show who is the boss. Be sure, they can do nothing with you. I saw twice how they let people go without registration paper.

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.77.quantum.ru)
Date:   01-14-05 12:52

Hi there,

Some days ago officials prolonged the registering time from 3 days to 3 months. At least newspapers say so. Haven't seen a law yet.

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-15-05 22:47

Hi Tann i go my Visa so i hope i am good to go.I hope to eat russia food and have fun but the hotels are very pricey.But o well i hope i have fun.
ken

Reply To This Message

Author: Charles469  (---.anhmca.adelphia.net)
Date:   01-16-05 11:58

HI. Here is some of what I've learned from travel to Russia.

1. YOu can book a hotel over the internet. It is fairly easy and quick. Try

http://www.hotels-moscow.ru/

2. I stayed in the Hotel Rossiya before it was torn down. It was inexpensive, centrally located, and accomodations were fair. I got a lot of phone calls in the middle of the night for "massage" though.

3. Try to stay somewhere close to the downtown area. It makes it much easier to get around.

4. Learn some Russian. There are a few words that will take you a long way. It is especially important to learn how to count so you can pay for stuff.

5. There are a lot of "private cabs." It is very common to flag down a private person to give you a ride. You tell him where you want to go, he gives you a price, you agree and you're off. Of course you are going to be charged more because you are a foreigner.

6. You can also stay in private apartments. These can usually be booked over the internet and often are less expensive and nicer than hotels.

7. Have fun. IN my experience as a foreign man in Russia you are highly valued by the women there. It is refreshing to be wanted again.

8. I was shaken down by the Moscow police because I didn't have a passport on my person. They threatened to take me to jail but said that they would take money instead. I think I gave them about 20 bucks.

9. St. Petersburg, in my opinion, is a more beautiful and friendlier city, so if you get a chance go there too.

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-16-05 12:08

Hi Charles thanx for the input.When the police stopped you were scared i bet.I would have a hard time holding back from doing something being a 3rd black belt but i would just pay them like you did.Thanx for all the help.ken

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.