New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Education

Author: kevin  (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date:   01-29-05 15:36

Most of these women here show their education as MA/MS, even ones as young as 21 years old. Is the education system in these countries different thatn that of the USA?

Reply To This Message

Re: Education

Author: tann  (---.quantum.ru)
Date:   01-29-05 20:43

Don't belive your eyes :)

In fact it's a mistake of Administration - not correct translating.

In Russian interface of the site they set (I translate literraly):

1. Higher edication
2. Ungraduated higher edication (sounds like you entered the Uni but left it on a half)
3. School

All girls, who studied in a Uni and got a degree, definitely choose the first thing. Even if she is still studing, she will choose the number 1! I would do the same if I didn't see the English interface.

In most cases I am sure all girls meant a Bachelor's degree (4-5 years of University courses).

Number 2 sounds even offensive :)

The Russian system is not so much different I think, it's the problem of translation here.

Bachelor`s degree = 4-5 years in a Uni
Master`s degree - plus 1,5-2 years in a Uni

In Russia we have the same terminology as it's said above, it was set some years ago. I am not sure about the things in Ukraina though.

I would be very happy if you reffered your question to the site administration. I did it when I was filling my profile but it seemed they didn't pay attention. At least I will be happy to know that I didn't stop my education on a half way :)

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.