New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 The Chant isn’t a bad looking game by any means

Author:   ()
Date:   12-13-22 10:59

The Chant, a third-person action adventure where a retreat akin to Jared Leto's definitely-not-a-cult finds itself crashing into a weird nightmare realm akin to the Upside Down from Stranger Things. The thing is, if anything I don't think it's weird enough. If you're going to do a game where the main character uses flaming witchhazel sticks to lash energy-crystal monsters with vagina-flower faces, my view is that you go hard or go home.

The Chant isn’t a bad looking game by any means, but some of the lip syncing isn’t great. Some mouths look too wide, and the way characters move don’t feel at home on PlayStation 5. I was expecting smoother movement and transitions, but there were a few times when its clumsiness was noticeable. I also had various issues following an auto-save. After dying, I was loaded right back in to an enemy attack, which was frustrating as I had no way to evade it. This happened more than I would’ve liked, and it was these kind of issues that showed why a bit of polish to certain parts would have been appreciated.

The Chant does a decent job of blending narrative, game play mechanics and a metroidvania styled progression system together in a satisfying way. Each of the game’s 6 chapters focus on one individual character via the story, introduces new mechanics and opens up new paths around Glory Island. Along the way, you’ll be collecting a plethora of story based pick ups, lore items and descriptions of the foes you’ll be facing. These slowly but surely unveil what happened on the island all those years ago, give depth to the characters and build up a chilling world to explore.

It's actually quite a compact game, and even though Jess has to go to different areas, finding Resi-ish keys to open locked doors and shortcuts, there's even a kind of fast travel system through the Gloom if you can't bear to walk around what is quite a small island. This compression does apply to the storytelling, though, to the extent that you get an explicit speedrun of each character's issues in dialogue almost immediately before they become relevant. It's a very noticeable pattern and I can't help but think it could have been teased out a little more.

Despite some technical issues, The Chant is a solid entry into the survival horror genre. The acting is strong, and the crafting elements help to bring a sense of defencelessness to Jess. The story kept me interested throughout, and the Gloom was a smartly integrated enemy that led to some tense encounters. It may not look as good as it perhaps should on current gen, but the griminess of the island acted as an eerie backdrop to what first seemed like paradise.

As one of the top online shops, we will offer popular and cheap The Chant Accounts, you can get competitive prices and frequent big discount coupons throughout the market, all of our cheap The Chant Accounts are 100% legal and fully stocked, the transaction is secure and your personal information will be guaranteed. Now, buy here, with instant delivery, 24/7 customer support, full refunds, and 100% security, we'll make it worth every penny.

Reply To This Message

Re: The Chant isn’t a bad looking game by any means

Date:   01-23-23 22:35

hello darling
Nice to meet you here my darling.
its my pleasure to have you, kindly
write me on my email on
for more communication OK.

Reply To This Message

Re: The Chant isn’t a bad looking game by any means

Date:   02-07-23 07:39

Hi,😊 I'm Sarah Monica, I live in California, I work on a dating site, my site can be accessed for free,
you only need to register and confirm your email, you can get the link let's register, because I'm waiting for you dear🥰💞

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.