New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 finding love

Author: Jim Mcgrattan  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   10-06-03 12:14

i am new to internet dating but i am now actively seeking a good and honest woman for marriage. of course there are many to choose from but i am 46 years of age, can anyone advise me of the age group i should be looking at, i dont want to make a fool of myself by contacting a girl who would consider me to be too old for her.

Reply To This Message

Re: finding love

Author: Irina  (195.161.241.---)
Date:   10-07-03 05:52

Dear Jim!
This you must indicate girl or woman what age you search. Send "Show interest" girl or women which you liked. Good luck!!!

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-07-03 15:54

thank you irina for your reply to my question, the "show interest" idea is good because it does no harm to send this to a woman and she can then decide if she wishes to contact me but i wondered if a woman would ignore this way of showing an interest, would a woman prefer a letter sent to her instead of just expressing an interest ?

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-07-03 23:59

I pleased was help you. Good you acquaintance and pleasing contact!

Reply To This Message

Author: Natalia  (---.160.133.246.ldc.net)
Date:   10-15-03 05:51

Hi Jim!
Problem of ages has been discussed in "Winter-spring relations" topic, maybe you have already read it. If not, I think that it will be good to know opinions of other people who left their messages there. I hope it will be helpful to you.

New-Dating.com Forum Admin, Natalia.

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (217.118.78.---)
Date:   10-15-03 13:32

Hello!

I think there is no any other way but just to try and write. I wish all people pointed their age preference in profiles, unfortunately not many think of this problem. This is not only the question of wasting time, this also can be an offending thing when one ignores a letter.
This site reacts on custom's needs quickly, so maybe one day they will add this age field in the questionary? :)

Take care.

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-15-03 13:52

hello tann, thanks for your comments, i agree that it is annoying that some people choose not to respond to letters. i have sent a few letters and i can see that they have been read but many of these people do not even respond which is very rude. they should appreciate that someone has taken an interest in them and reply even if it is to say they are not interested.
i myself have received a few letters from seemingly nice women but who were unfortunately not what i am looking for but i responded to every one of them, it only takes a few moments and is simply good manners. these women may not have been suitable for me but i am flattered and pleased that they took the time to write to me and it is only right to respond and thank them.
i dont understand people who cannot be bothered to respond.
anyway, i will certainly keep trying :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-15-03 18:07

Yeah, Jim, I like your last optimistic line :)

Me too, I also don't understand people who are not polite enough to send even a quick replay. But this is a two-side coin. Here it is an example: once I've got a letter from a man of his late 50... I tried to make a nice replay and explain that my father is almost the same age and this is a real mental problem for me. I didn't expect that he would be offended. The answer was quite rude: "I guess you have your nose in the air. You sound more like an American girl than a Russian girl. I guess Mel Gibson or Richard Gere are to old for you and would not do..."

No comments. Quite frustrated.

Tatyana

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-15-03 22:19

hi tann, i dont understand why your guy in his late fifties was offended by your reply unless he was so arrogant that he thought he was irrestible to you or perhaps he has the impression that women from russia or surrounding countries are desperate to marry the first man who asks them or shows an interest in them. if i receive a refusal from a woman then i accept that, no matter what her reason may be. after all, it is her choice and she has a right to decide who she wishes to correspond with.
but there will always be men who are offended or surprised that a woman refuses his offer and really such men are either conceited or immature.
the first thing anyone must do is show respect to anyone they contact and if a woman refuses to correspond then that is her right. this guy should have been thankful that you had the good manners to reply to him at all for many do not.
anyway, there are good and bad people on all dating sites, perservere and hopefully one day you may hit the jackpot, these are my thoughts about it. i think one has to remain optimistic and only by perserverance will we all one day meet miss or mr right.

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-16-03 03:31

Tanja!
If this person so has crudely reacted on your polite refusal - he not worthy you and your distressed! Jim, you right, he probably very high opinion about itself. I think that such person not fit for serious relations.
On refusal no need to take offence, but it is necessary to understand.

Reply To This Message

Author: Steve  (---.tx.us.prserv.net)
Date:   10-18-03 11:01

I personally do not take offense if a woman does not respond back to me. No response tells me that she is not interested, no time is wasted by either of us and the woman does not have to go through the exercise of having to reject you. Even if she does this nicely it will often still be perceived as rejection by the man or woman and she (or he) may feel uncomfortable doing this. It helps not to be too thin skinned or over sensitive if you wish to find someone online.

The age issue is simply relative as are most things in life. Physically some men and women look 10 years younger than they are while others look 10 years older. Some people are young at heart and spontaneous all their lives. Other people watch television on the sofa all of their lives, never travel, try new things or do much of anything out of the ordinary. I have a good Russian friend here that moved here from Moscow 2 years ago and married a 46 year old pilot. Her husband works for the same airline that I work for. She is only 23 and quite attractive. I have met some of her friends that live in the area that are from FSU as well and I find them delightful and interesting. Some have problems with their marriages and some do not. Alina's husband is a good looking guy but I would not say he looks younger than his age. He is in good shape though and quite health conscious. They are a very happy couple, I know as a friend that she loves him very much. They are expecting their first child in March so I know firsthand that such things are not impossible and can happen although I admit that this may be the exception most of the time. It has been very interesting to get to know her and come to understand this situation from her perspective.

Alina just LOVES the roller coasters at Six Flags :) We have been there many times.

Regards,
Steve

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-18-03 18:19

Hello friends,

Nice to see that we are having a good discussion with different points of view :)

Ira, I do not understand how one can worth another.

Steve, you might be right but it's too pragmatic way for me. I've said it's a coin with two sides, you never know the reaction on the other side. If you ask a question, you expect an answer, don't you?

I read somewhere on the forum that women complain that men don't make efforts to replay their letters. So, I am not lonely in my position :)

Take care,
Tatyana

Reply To This Message

Author: Steve  (---.tx.us.prserv.net)
Date:   10-19-03 02:18

I was only speaking for myself of course. Everyone is free to do and feel about things as they will. Some people will reply and some will not. It will always be so I think. I simply accept that reality and do not concern myself with things that will likely not change in the future.

Steve

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-20-03 02:41

Hello friends!
Tanechka, I have voiced only itself opinion. Many can with me not to agree. And this naturally. Each person have itself opinion and its glance.

Steve, on my glance, proignore the letter will at least once to author letter not politely. I can not not answer the letter. At least ???????????? person for developed interest.

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-22-03 05:47

Friedns!
I'm sorry, not has immediately noticed that one word is written in russian, else and with missed by letter in word.
Last offer is necessary to read so: At least thank person for developed interest.

Reply To This Message

Author: Light  (---.DNVTCO56.dynamic.covad.net)
Date:   12-17-03 20:05

Hi Jim! It is just crazy to think that women should appreciate that someone like you had an interest in them...Are you a movie star??? If I would get 1$ from each man which felt interest for mw I would have a mollion by now...I don`t think it is rude if someone don`t like you, and you
know I would never write you back...

Reply To This Message

Author: Juan j hernandez  (---.sandia01.nm.comcast.net)
Date:   12-26-03 22:33

At this time I want to write to you with my own words what I think about LOVE. "AFFECTION", is the humblest love; the one that has no vanity. This feeling lives in the modest and intimate things: The soft sneakers, the worn-out clothes, the old pleasantries, the hammering of the tail of a dog sleeping on the flat of the kitchen. The best of the AFFECTION is that it can join to whom they are not " done one for other ", to persons who, if the destination had not placed them in the same family or community, would have been related ever. The AFFECTION expands the mind. Of all the classes of love, it is the only one that he teaches us to warn first, then to tolerating, later to smile, later to enjoy and finally, to appreciate the persons with whom for hazards of the destination we have to coexist.? And that are done for us?! Thanks to God, not! They are the same, more outsiders of what we had believed, and much more valuable than we were imagining.

Reply To This Message

Author:   ()
Date:   01-01-17 03:23

hi jim

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-01-17 03:27

LOVE. "AFFECTION", is the humblest love; the one that has no vanity. This feeling lives in the modest and intimate things: The soft sneakers, the worn-out clothes, the old pleasantries, the hammering of the tail of a dog sleeping on the flat of the kitchen. The best of the AFFECTION is that it can join to whom they are not " done one for other ", to persons who, if the destination had not placed them in the same family or community, would have been related ever. The AFFECTION expands the mind. Of all the classes of love, it is the only one that he teaches us to warn first, then to tolerating, later to smile, later to enjoy and finally, to appreciate the persons with whom for hazards of the destination we have to coexist.? And that are done for us?! Thanks to God, not! They are the same, more outsiders of what we had believed, and much more valuable than we were imagining.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-14-17 11:27

It's hard to find the right person, I don't believe its possible to do this in this time. the good girls always looking for a bad guys

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.