New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 American men

Author: Vera  (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date:   12-19-03 01:00

What kind of breed are American men?
Are there any specific traits that generally characterize them? Or it's all just subjective?

Reply To This Message

Re: American men

Author: David  (---.sea1-4-5-063-172.sea1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date:   04-17-04 11:22

I don't get this guys. I just found this old thread . A hot young russian chick,asking about American men ,and not one answer. What is wrong with this picture? Does everyone know something about this girl that I don't?
There is a wealth of information that can be learned and shared on this forum but it is not going to work if you dont take an interest in it. If this thread was posted on another site that I know of, I assure you that it would still be very active.
Veras' question was "what kind of breed are American men?" ............................... Is 4 months of silence going to be the only answer? I am an Aussie living in America, and after this , you sure as hell don't want me to answer for you.
Now lets answer this question for all the lovely Russian women out there. Maybe I'll define it . What is so special about the 'Yanks' ?

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.131.belpak.by)
Date:   05-01-04 01:49

Did you mean unmarried young men who are america sitizen ?

Reply To This Message

Author: 1stbachelor  (208.8.8.---)
Date:   05-06-04 04:01

You can't define American men as just one thing , because were not all alike. You have many types from the "Men of furtune" meaning a guys who wants a lady in his life settle down and really learn to understand his life and his other and the other type that " Just should be avoided" Like the players or the guys just looking for the one night stand. So when you want to know the characteristic's you'll just have to get to know each one different. Yet never read a book by its cover at least read the first few pages it may intrigue you more than you know.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.98.belpak.by)
Date:   05-08-04 01:11

Hi, celibate !

" I'm not young enough to know everything" ( O.Wilde)

In my opinion the problem of the American is that he is very busy with his work to read English or American classic writers. He could find there a lot of answers to various questions... or he reads only few first pages and that's why cannot find answers there.

I recomend you to see the movie "Jet Lag"
Genre : Romance
Starring : Juliette Binoche, Jean Reno.
Release Date : June 13, 2003

Just watch few pages of european-fsu-russian scammer and few pages of frozen-chicken-american-businessman and then compare. American movie . French actors with Russian souls. Very interesting. I saw it several times.

See for yourself !!!

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-08-04 10:40

Yes I agree Marina, American men work too much. But so do the American women. Most children in America spend more time with strangers than they do with their own parents. As for the movie, I have not seen it.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.4.belpak.by)
Date:   05-08-04 11:42

Most Russian women work too much as well, and my children have to
spend their time on their own - i haven't got money to pay strangers they to look after my children.

My mother worked too much too when I was a child , and I was brought up by the street - without any strangers ..., that's why I'm here on this site - curiousity to strangers... ?????? ??-?.....

I don't think that's bad - for children.

An American man said that curiousity kills. I haven't heard from him for ages...probable has been killed by someone's curiousity:))

Once the famous French actress Janna Moro asked Hollywood star Lilian Gish : " If you had a child and you could grant him the only gift - what it would to be ?" And Lilian Gish answered without thinking :" Curiousity".
Then added:" The Curious person can never be bored"

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-04 00:46

Marina....... When I was young it was normal to be left om my own. That is the way it was then. But now, here in USA, if anything bad happens with a child who is left alone even for a short time, you can expect a government agency to take the child from her mother. Usually the mother is to poor to afford chid-care. .......Something to think about.....

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.210.belpak.by)
Date:   05-09-04 14:42

You are kidding. Nobody can take my child, even in us. I would bite off a throught to all your goverment :))) and drink their blood. hahaha

mostly russian mother are the same like me...... think about - what are you looking here .... another vampire ???

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-04 20:19

Yes, that is what I'm looking for, a vampire. Because I would do the same thing as you if they came to take my children away. This is why many men look to the east when looking for a good woman. .........No I'm serious....... This thread is about American men ....and I tell you what they do here so you will know the good and the bad of this country. There are many social issues here in USA that you may not understand until after you arrive here.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.55.belpak.by)
Date:   05-10-04 14:41

I don't know why american men are looking to the east when looking for a good woman. I visit other forums on net and I read letters of american girls on them. They think the same like me about children, family...etc. Don't think that those women are bad.... I've read a letter of an american girl, she thinks in her mind she has only one shortage - big weight...and I heard that foreigners like russians because they are beautiful but are not crazy on it.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-10-04 15:59

Most American men are not looking for an Eastern woman. I would say that it does not enter into the mind of the American man , the thought of an Eastern woman..... Most American men seem to be satisfied with the spoiled, dominating, man-eating, overweight creature that has become the American woman.......Of course, not all the women here fit into that catorgary. But the good ones are already married and the ones that are left have become bitter..........We men, who are looking for Eastern women are really only looking for the type of woman who values the togetherness and strength of the family unit over her ownselfish wants and desires.....We think that we have a better chance of finding this woman in your culture , rather than ours.... So for any of you women who are thinking of comming here, please remember this and do not let yourselves become "westernized" after you arrive here. Keep your Eastern attitudes, this is why we love you. ..........Oh sure there may be some men who only want you because you are so beautiful.........but I trust that the intellgent girls among you will not be fooled and see through them.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.20.belpak.by)
Date:   05-11-04 13:36

David, thank you for your compliments and your words that you love me.

Now I'm reading "Pygmalion". I know you work a lot and you haven't time to read english literature, that's why I decided to help you. Something interesting from B.Shaw thoughts:

...When Higgins excused his indifference to young women on the ground that they had an irresistible rival in his mother, he gave the clue to his
inveterate old-bachelordom. The case is uncommon only to the extent that remarkable mothers are uncommon. If an imaginative boy has a sufficiently rich mother who has intelligence, personal grace, dignity of character without harshness, and a cultivated sense of the best art of her time to enable her to make her house beautiful, she sets a standard for him against which very few women can struggle, besides effecting for him a disengagement of his affections, his sense of beauty, and his idealism from his specifically sexual impulses. This makes him a standing puzzle to the huge number of uncultivated people who have been brought up in tasteless homes by commonplace or disagreeable parents, and to whom, consequently, literature, painting, sculpture, music, and affectionate personal relations come as modes of sex if they come at all. The word passion means nothing else to them; and that Higgins could have a passion for phonetics and idealize his mother instead of Eliza, would seem to them absurd and unnatural...

...Weak people want to marry strong people who do not frighten them too much; and this often leads them to make the mistake we describe metaphorically as "biting off more than they can chew." They want too much for too little; and when the bargain is unreasonable beyond all bearing, the union becomes impossible: it ends in the weaker party being
either discarded or borne as a cross, which is worse. People who are not only weak, but silly or obtuse as well, are often in these difficulties.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-12-04 20:03

That is very interesting, Marina. However, I do not fall into the catargory of the over worked American........ And what is it with you and French movies and classic books , anyway?

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.120.belpak.by)
Date:   05-12-04 20:37

David, I'm no a flower girl as well. I'm reading O'Henry now :)))

Reply To This Message

Author: kevin  (147.145.40.---)
Date:   05-30-04 13:01

David,

What's that outher site you were referring to on your message from 4/17?

Kevin
maverrick1@yahoo.com

Reply To This Message

Author: johnnysamba  (---.168.22.5.mad.wi.charter.com)
Date:   06-25-04 15:41

Vera,

american men In my eyes are for the most part hard working but after that they are or become very relaxed with in the setting or convindments in which they are used to , some with strong family values, some not wearth the time they where taught to behave, I would like to say that most men are curteous, kind, brave and reverant, love there mother . Men are men ...americans just know that they have it good in the U.S. they would appresiate it alot more if they they grew up in a third world country but who isn't like that. all and all they want some one to love and for some one to love them back. Even though some are incapable of loving anyone even themselves.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.197.belpak.by)
Date:   06-29-04 10:27

johnnysamba,

<Even though some are incapable of loving anyone even themselves.>

Who are incapable ? An american man ?

Reply To This Message

Author: jackpinejames  (---.fdl.wi.charter.com)
Date:   01-05-05 19:54

I beleive American men are no different than any other "Breed". To think otherwise is rather silly. They seek the same things as other people, just a different perspective.
Virtually all our ancestors are immigrants from other countries, but the freedoms and responsibilities are what separate them from others.
There is a really good reason my Great-great-great Grandfather left Ireland. They were starving to death from the blight.
The promise made to them wasn't an easy life, it was if you want to work, and work hard, you have the freedom to succeed and the rewards that go with that.
Pretty simple stuff, eh?

Reply To This Message

Author: Mike  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   01-07-05 17:49

I am an American Naval Officer currently living in Italy. After traveling around Europe and St. Petersburg Russia I can positivily say that european and eastern block women knock the socks off most American women. Now dont get me wrong I love mom and apple pie but there is something to be said for the vino drinking women in Sicily, the tall darker haired and steel blue eyed women in Russia and the amazing blondes in central europe.
I think as Americans we tend to forget where we really came from and the culture and heratiage that we left behind.
Ladies... the point is...American men are all different... even though when me and some buddies visited Romania we were told that "you americans are the master race". There are good guys and bad guys in the states. Granted I think we are a little bit better looking (ha-ha).
Mike

Reply To This Message

Author: John  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   01-08-05 07:27

Mike you must think you died and went to heaven to land in Italy! I think I'd have trouble settling down when one Siciliana is prettier than the next. And those little guys can play calcio, no?

I don't think individuals vary much from country to country, but we were blessed by a divine gift when those founding fathers invented our country, one more brilliant than the next.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.