New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Dr.Zhivago, the film

Author: john  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   07-30-05 23:21

I haven't met anybody Russian or Ukrainian who has seen one of my all-time favorites, "Dr. Zhivago" with its brilliant cast of actors. Can any of our Russian/Ukrainian friends enlighten me?
I assume it was banned by the old regime, but it's a sound bit of history, and Sir Ralph Richardson, Sir Alec Guinness, Omar Sharif and Julie Christie, and the great musical score with "Lara's Theme" are wonderful.
I'd be interested in hearing about this.

Reply To This Message

Re: Dr.Zhivago, the film

Author: Zhanna  (195.82.5.---)
Date:   07-31-05 18:50

I haven't seen that movie. But I saw one TV programm about it, and as I remember now I decided that it resembled other American movies about Russians, for me it was strange to see all these actors playing Russains.

I like one of the recent movies (not really recent but recent in Comparison with "Dr. Jivago" :-) ) with Diane Kiton and Jack Nicholson "Something's gotta give". Recommended for older men looking for girls who are much younger :-).

Reply To This Message

Author: john  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   07-31-05 19:11

Dorogaia Zhanna,
Well, the movie was made for an English-speaking audience by Sir David Lean, a great British director, and I think the language challenge would have prevented Russians from appearing in it. In my opinion though the film tries very hard to represent all sides of an extremely diverse and complicated situation. What makes it most appealing is its understanding of women, and specifically of Russian women of all classes, and there were many classes in that old society, all with some attraction. Chekhov, too, had a way of sympathizing with all levels of society, as this picture tries to do.
Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson depict a much more modern society, and are spectacular actors. I agree with you that Nicholson should look for women who are a little more mature, but women won't leave him alone apparently. Like Jack, though, I can admire young beauty and character, but I am saddened that someone as beautiful as you is so far below my lower age parameter. I might add that women in general are very adept at leaving me alone.
Vsevo khoroshevo, Dyadya Vanya

Reply To This Message

Author: Zhanna  (195.82.4.---)
Date:   08-02-05 22:35

I am sorry for my bad English, but can you explaine me what "I might add that women in general are very adept at leaving me alone." means? Did you want to say that you are not popular with women?

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.