New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 V.V.Putin on American TV

Author: john  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   08-01-05 14:06

President Putin gave last night a wonderful interview for the American audience. Although they disagree on some subjects, he is very friendly toward President Bush and his family. He spoke in Russian for the difficult questions, but also spoke some informal English which was quite good. He would not allow his family to be pictured, a sad concession to the terrorists, but they showed some ten year old pictures of his daughters, who are now 19 and 20, two typical Russian youngsters. Who knows,maybe they are on this site?
President Putin did say that when he was a child he lived in Leningrad in one room with his parents and no private facilities. He commutes forty minutes by car because they are afraid the crazies might shoot down a helicopter. I have the feeling that here is a man who didn't want the job he has, but who is deeply concerned with the peace of his country and of the world. Besides, he had a good twinkle in his eye when someone joked with him. Da proshit dolguyu zhizn!

Reply To This Message

Re: V.V.Putin on American TV

Date:   08-02-05 15:52

Dorogaia Darya,
Thank you for your sad information. Corruption wherever it is has to be obliterated by reponsible leaders. It seems to me that your generation of Russian women are wonderfully equipped to blaze the trail.
Vsevo khoroshevo.

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-02-05 16:00

Sadly,too many men who have the ability to make our world a better place to live only seek the fulfillment of their personal agendas. I admire the people who are loyal,but often they are blindly loyal to men of power such as Putin and Bush. They are not necessarily bad or evil men,just men who use their positions for their own advantage.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-02-05 16:34

sorry? where is THAT coming from? Silly Da da da Darya. You have an opinion--spit it out!! I am very patriotic,and think that many spoiled AMericans should spend time in a very bad place like Pakistan so that they can know how really great America is,and they can understand better the freedoms they take for granted. I regret that we have so few real choices when it comes to voting for the president. Only 2 candidates have a real chance of winning the election--the republican and democratic nominees. It is a shame. It is like a monarchy now--the Bush family. If governor Jeb Bush from Florida also becomes a president,I think I will expatriate and move to Canada.

Reply To This Message

Author: Gabriel Magana  (---.dsl.anhm01.pacbell.net)
Date:   08-02-05 16:55

I don't think most Americans realize how hated and despised we are around the world. Some Americans actually think we are doing people a favor by invading their countries or countries in their region. It's as if Americans would be thankful if the North Korea/Iran "axis of evil" invaded Canada (who knows, maybe some Americans _would_ be happy :) )

I should stop before I am labeled an enemy combatant and get to spend a few years in U.S. Constitution-free Cuba, hehehe!

Darya, you cannot expect much of Bush, If you understand baseball, then there is a saying here that fits Bush well: "He was born in third base, but he thinks he just hit a triple."

I will say no more, because feelings in the US run high about the president's fitness to lead, and this is a dating site, after all!

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-02-05 17:16

Hehehe! I loved that movie! My favorite part is the "There's no crying in baseball!!!" part. That's exactly how we men feel when a woman starts crying.... It's just not "legal" to do to a guy!

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.ma.dl.cox.net)
Date:   08-02-05 17:46

Gabe,
I don't really think that you would want your free pass to Cuba as you stated. I think that you are enjoying living in a great land of America and enjoying all the benefits possible.
I think that Bush is doing a good job except for the free passes from Mexico. He has to do something about that !! Wouldn't it be easier to offer them to Russian citizens also . LOL.
Well I think every leader.. Bush, Blaire, Putin, etc.... all of them have many opponents and not an easy job. But I feel very very fortunate that Bush is our leader and not Kerry. *my personal opinion which is what this posting stuff seems to be all about.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-02-05 17:52

Querido Gabriel,
Keep your bag packed, the Guantanamo Guapos need a shortstop!

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (---.dialup.itte.kz)
Date:   08-02-05 18:02

I amn't agree with you, Darya, at all. Monika is able to make only monkey from any man, not more!:)

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-02-05 18:11

I never said I wanted to go to Gitmo, I said I better shut up before I am sent there!

I should not have touched on American politics, having a dissenting opinion these days in the "land of the free" is treated as being the enemy.

Reply To This Message

Author: Mixtli  (---.home.cgocable.net)
Date:   08-03-05 03:08

Yeah right, don’t move to Canada, it is freezing here at 32 ‘C… (My igloo is melting!!!)

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-03-05 06:34

If only one terrorist training camp is eliminated by the United States,then we have given our generous service to the world. Although there is much doubt about Iraq and their intentions,there is no doubt that dangerous,radical,ignorant,and hateful people believe every American to be the same,and want to see them killed. There are many milk fed and spoiled Asian Americans and Middle Eastern Americans who are born in this country who decide that America is the enemy. They try to recruit terror here at home. But this country will not be caught with its pants down again,or not in the same way. There are many special forces,and many good military men here,who believe in Christian values,and who regard the security and safety of the family as most important.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-03-05 15:44

Very well spoken Blaine. I think that we sometimes feel like the big brother to all countries. It doesn't matter what you do or say about
us, we always lend a helping hand and use our forces and our dollar
to help all these countries around the globe. But sometimes younger
brother might be very jealous or hateful about being helped or given advice , but he is still your brother.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-03-05 16:51

"It doesn't matter what you do or say about us, we always lend a helping hand and use our forces and our dollar to help all these countries around the globe."

Yeh, many Americans think that, but they are the only ones feeling good about it. They are not on the receiving end they do not see the hipocrisy behind this "help."

We are the only country not agreeing to the Kyoto Agreeement, and we have a "good excuse" for it, it would level the playing field too much. Fine, we have a unique situation as our energy needs are too great... But we respond by actually relaxing our pollution regulations? What kind of message does this send to the rest of the world? Of course, we expect the rest of the world to respect our laws (ie, patent and trademark laws) because those laws make us money.

We go after Sadam because we have a good idea that hes a bad guy, and what the heck, sovereignty is just a concept anyway. The pictures of him in his undies are really worth the USD $100 billion we spent on the war, and the more than 1000 American dead. We don't go after a much worse guy in North Korea cuz he could bomb us... Which is kinda dumb, because you don't first attack the dog that cannot bite you, plus we have $100 billion less to fight him... Then of course we are perplexed why we now have _more_ enemies than we did before the war. We are puzzled as to why terrorists do not need Al Quaeda nor an opressed upbringing to become terrorists anymore.

We could have done a lot more to help Rwandans in their genocide, but, unfortunetely there's no financial gain in it, so why go there? It's only a couple million lives, is that worth the price of a military operation? Machete deaths are quick anyway.

Women are getting raped and prosecuted for it afterwards around the globe, but what'd be in it for us to justify the expense of fighting this? Maybe if women around the world stocked up on oil we might listen... So we do nothing, since in that case we do respect sovereignty... The bad part is we truly think no one notices...

When someone abroad raises these issues, he is a "younger brother that is very jealous or hateful about being helped or given advice." Then when some American in the US says something similar and he is labeled a "liberal" and if he does not like it he should leave the country, as he surely does not appreciate the USA.

So in the end the only people feeling good about the US are some Americans. Everywhere else hate against Americans just starts to grow...

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 01:50

I hope world hate does not inspire your hate also,Gabe. It does not matter a bit what hypocrisy exists. In the end it is your dollars (tax) and mine that matter,and they are distributed to many,many countries of the world. I give to Rwanda,and Israel,and Iraq whether I want to or not. Mine and you tax dollars will contribute to the many billions of dollars used to rebuild Iraq. When you say "we " are the only country in the world that has not agreed to the Kyoto --this does not reflect you or me as individuals,any more than Putins mafia buddies reflect the Russians attitude--any more than all Germans are Hitler supporters. This country is by far not perfect. But who sets the standards? Pakistan? Lithuania? Portugal? France? Who comes to the aid first? Resentment of the bigger brother is a very true statement. ANd it mimics life in all aspects. How many people bite the hand that feeds them? Too many. I am not in a position to benefit from American political policy. Unless you are an oil tycoon or a governmental contractor-neither do you. The few people in power do not exemplify the people as a whole,and hate is more widespread then simply targeting the political authorities. Hate runs right across the board,and it does not matter if you were Mother Theresa 2--or Jesus. You would be slandered,hated,and plotted against by hateful,ignorant,scheming people. Consider some of these "haters" of the US--the ones that leave their dead rotting on the streets of Asia for weeks,who commit genocidal acts by order of fanatical leftist Islamics--who murder their neighboring countrymen and throw them in common graves. What homegrown group do we have to compare it to? The skinheads? The Freemen of MOntana? These anarchic people are shut right down time and time again until they have no voice,and become quite ridiculous parodies of themselves. You,and every other bitching American--should go live in Afghanistan for a month or so. Democracy has it`s faults,but there is no apples and oranges comparison here. Mafia does not run this country--Shiites do not dictate political change--urban guerilla killers do not exist in the US. Despite graft which exists--this young,brash country which contains people from all over the globe--still believes in a basic principle of righteousness--freedom from repression--separation of the church-state, freedom of opinion and information,freedom which does not exist in too many countries.

Reply To This Message

Author: Paul  (---.ok.shawcable.net)
Date:   08-04-05 11:18

Hey Gabe, you make some good and interesting remarks. I agree with and support your words.

This is an international forum and so you are allowed to speak your mind just like so many others do here. There is also a thing called 'Freedom of speech', its just that some people can't handle the truth.

Its a good thing America has lots of coloured faces to do the work that most of the white people will not do. Its mostly the coloured faces and the men and women from poor families that go off to fight the wars the rich kids started. Its the rich that profit from wars. I'm sure that Bush and his friends are getting rich. The one thing that America did learn from the Vietnam war and that was if you want to control the message, you need to control the messenger.

But like Gabe says, this is a dating site, its just to bad we couldn't borrow some of the profits from the Iraq war so we could set up a resort somewhere in the south of Spain or France so men from North America could meet some women from Russia.

I don't think Cuba needs any shortstops from the USA since the baseball teams from Cuba usually beat the American teams.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 16:03

Paul, The reason the Cubans beat us in baseball is because they play the collegians , not the professionals . :) But I think Blaine those points exactly correct. But Gabe, your points aren't exactly textbook examples of why we went to war. I don't think oil or getting Sadam postcards had much to do with that. But you are making a point that you don't like the war in Iraq and then you state all the other wars that you want us to attend to and fix???? We don't have the military want to .. for righting every single wrong around the world. Which one do you want us to do??
I travel around the world as well,and I dont' see that we are condemned , in fact there is a lot of respect. I think that perhaps some people would like to say that we aren't , so that it justifies them to say
condemnation from within and for your certain thoughts. It is obvious that in America if you are liberal person , people think that gives you a certain right to whine about every issue , but the truth is that everyone has a voice and vote and we have many laws that lean to the liberal side.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 18:45

James, I think if you are a liberal you whine about conservative stuff, and if you are a conservative you while about liberal stuff. Just remember the Clinton years... Depending on who you asked, it was either whining or it was exercising the first amendment.

Anyway, I knew I would get blasted for saying stuff. I will really try to keep my mouth shut on political topics, one can never win.

I know that as a liberal, the door is wide open and I should not let the door hit my ass on the way out, as the saying goes, :-)

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 19:29

On the contrary,Gabe ( hate to disagree with you again ;o. ) your opinion is good. Variety is the spice of life ( even if sometimes it is just "Old Spice" ) Don`t back down--you have the right,and life has formed for you your own unique opinion. I do not try to take it from you,and I hope nobody else does either. Keep on keeping on!!

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 19:39

Good ole Wild Bill Clinton-"I tried it once,but I couldn`t do it" That was because he did not smoke pot--he smoked cocaine. At least he was honest!

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 19:42

Querido Gabriel,
No se vaya, amigo, but you must be as glad as I am that we ponied up the 15 million for the purchase of all those Hispanic states out there.

The present days will have passed away someday, Iraq will be history, and then we can see about annexing Mexico and Canada.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 21:17

Dorogaia Darya, Yeltsin, the poor guy. He was a very brave man who was interested in a Free Russia (maybe also a Rich Yeltsin), but he had the good sense to appoint Putin as his successor!
I'd have enjoyed a few vodkas with Boris, I am told he has a wonderful personality. Like loverboy Clinton.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 21:32

John, just because Canada and Mexico do not have armies like the USA does, you should not think you can run over us, it will never happen, besides, can you remember it was not to long ago that the prime American fighting force left Ethiopia with their tails between their legs, so I don't think they would do any better with Canada or Mexico.

History shows it has been a long time since any major army powered country in the world has successfully conquered another country, never mind a third world countries like Ethiopia, Vietnam or Afghanistan.

Actually John, if you check your history books, you might learn that many years ago America attacked Canada twice, and both times it was beaten back.

America can buy whatever they want that is true. Is that something to be proud of? You can buy lots of alcohol and guns for your friends, but you can not buy the hearts and souls of people.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 21:42

Paul, you must know I'm joking. Canada helped free some of our hostages years ago, and Pierre Trudeau was a favorite down here.
It's only in later years that Canada has made itself a handy breeding ground for AlQaeda, but don't worry, you haven't done anything to warrant their contempt.
Shouldn't we all be together in the United Nations to eradicate this international cancer, the war in Iraq just being part of the effort?
Vsevo khoroshevo, all the best for Vegas. Will we tax your winnings? John

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-05 23:04

Yeltsin did a lot of damage to his country. When independence came to Russia back in the early 90s, Russia`s citizenry were given percentage shares to enterprises. These "stocks" which were given to the common man in Russia were virtually worthless. The stocks were sold by many impoverished people just to buy food for their homes,and this is where the "Russian mafia" scored huge blocks of the GNP.Because he was also friends of many of these men,who robbed the Russian people of their independence , he helped broker up large proportions of manufacturing ,industry,and oil rights to a small percentage of men who would quickly profit and become "money tsars". This is why there are many people who hang on to the old ways of Russia,and dream of re-unification of her independent states. At least then,she wasn`t being controlled by a minority of rich men wearing Italian suits and driving Hummers in the streets of Moscow. Read sometime about Boris Berozhovsky ( spelling?) and his and other similiar men`s raping of the Russian economy. It is a lesson in graft and greed which should be witnessed by the world. It is also still apparent with Putin,who wants his buddies to live in splendid leisure,while the little people struggle for day to day neccessities. Look at the last Ukraine election and the twisted power struggle there. I do not point the finger or try to insult Russia,by the way,because there are people in the US who go to the Hamptons on the weekends and buy 800 dollar a plate dinners while several hundred miles south--little kids in the Appalachian Mountains have teeth rotting out of their heads,and their fathers kill animals so they can have food on the table. Part of what makes life different for many people in FSU from the USA is that they have had to live more deliberately,more day to day survival. There are people in the US like this also--so do not think for a moment that this country has all wealthy people living in it. There are still quite a few people who eat hot dogs,and think they are having steak. And last but not least for me----when the Kursk went down,and 2 widows in grief confronted Putin with their anguish,and their tears--he later called them whores. This man is a piece of B.S. in my opinion. This is a very well documented story also-not something I just made up. It is true what Darya said, this man has little care for the people. He will let teenagers die in freezing temperatures,he will be compliant with rigged elections,he will bask in his own glory while the vast majority of good Russian people suffer.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 00:41

President Putin is afraid to have his young daughters' pictures shown on TV for fear of the Terrorists. That doesn't sound like luxury to me.

My old Irish mother used to say that "Contention is better than loneliness". I guess that's why I hang around on this site and bask in the love of those 22 year olds. One thing I know, there is no ugly 22 year old.
I love 'em even if they're fake and could be my granddaughters. It's life we're all after isn't it? Not to say, marry 'em, but those high Russian cheekbones make some gorgeous gals.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 02:46

Okay John,put away your Anna Kournikova calendar. Eyeball candy is one thing. Superficiality and insincerity is another. Of course I admire the cuteness of girls my daughters age,but I can still smell the aroma of baby breath on them. I like a real woman,not a baby-doll

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 06:56

I'm just glad this thread is back to talking about high Russian cheekbones and baby-dolls! hehehehe!

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 08:12

kinda cool the way it went 360 degrees

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 11:02

Just hang on guys, I still got a bone to pick with John. :-)

I bet you guys didn't realize John and Jeff are the same person. If you take 30 years off John, you will see a picture of Jeff. The only real way to know for sure is you would have to put a cowboy hat on them and then you'll see the resemblance, its quite remarkable.

John, it is difficult to know if a person should take you seriously or not especially when you talk about having a few vodka's with Boris, but maybe this is a dream of yours? Or maybe we are thinking of the wrong Boris, maybe you are referring to Boris the ballet dancer?

It was a great thing how the Canadian ambassador in Iran helped to get some Americans out of Iran when the American embassy was taken over by the Iranians some years ago. That was a crazy time for the whole world.

It is interesting to hear how our former prime minister was a favourite in the USA since we all thought he did a good job of protecting our sovereignty. Pierre Trudeau was most famous for giving the one finger salute to the newspaper reporters. Another thing I remember about him is when he was asked a question by a reporter that he didn't like, all he had to say back to the reporter was 'fuddle duddle', which was actually meant to mean something else if you can read between the lines.

As far as Canada being a breeding ground for Al Quada, well I'm not even going to comment on that, you are definitely out to lunch on that one John. Maybe you should have another drink, but I'm not sure if that would be wise.

The war in Iraq has nothing to do with Al Quada, its all to do with Oil and the fact the senior Bush lost his re-election campaign because he didn't go all the way and get Saddam. There were no weapons of mass destruction found even after Bush offered millions of dollars to the first person to find them. If you want to talk about a scammer, now you found one in Bush. Didn't Bush eventually concede there were no weapons of mass destruction, didn't he and his administration concede they and their intelligence community were duped by the people they were listening to concerning weapons of mass destruction? Or could it of been a convenient story to go into Iraq and whip a little freedom on the Iraqis. But the american media is not allowed to talk about that anymore. Here is an interesting web site you might want to check out. http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/fiveisraelis.html

I really think the best way to stamp out terrorism around the world is to offer the poor countries aid instead of guns. As you probably know John, the guns that the third world countries are buying are mostly being sold by the Americans and the Israelis in exchange for cash and drugs.

I don't have to much faith in the United Nations, but, if anything, wouldn't it be better if we built the people of the poor countries new schools and provided an economy so that their was work there? If we helped the common poor family in those countries, I bet they would gladly give up the terrorists just so they can have a better life for themselves and their families. Its usually the poor people who are caught in between the war lords. Hatred is born in the poor communities by big brother trying to walk over them. But there is no money in that is there, there is no money for the war effort. Remember how Che helped the Cuban revolution? Then he moved to Bolivia to do it all again, but it didn't work there because they didn't want a revolution.

As far as Vegas goes, you are welcome to come down and join in the fun. I'm trying to talk Blaine into coming down. So if you want to make some money, I'll let you know when I'll be there. Maybe we'll get the little Russian lady called Diahera or Darya or whatever her name is to hold our winnings, do you think we can trust her John? :-) But as far as winnings go, you are not going to be able to tax them because they will be going off shore, isn't that what businessmen do John? Vegas is a good place to joke around, you'll be real famous there John. :-) Or else you can stay home again and spank your monkey, or should I say choke your chicken, or another way of saying it is to slam the ham.

Take care of yourself John, try to go easy on the drinks.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 13:44

Dear Paul,
Thank you for your informative letter. As an old boss used to say to me "You may be right".

As far as strong drink is concerned I believe the good Lord taught the Irish monks how to make whiskey, the "water of life", and I consider it a great gift.

As a tot in New York I learned to shoot crap in the schoolyard, for pennies or bottle caps, whatever. To me it is still The Gamble. I met a guy going into a casino one night. We both got $300 worth of chips. I kid you not, in about 7 minutes I was leaving empty handed while he was leaving with what seemed to be thousands. That's what crap can do for you!

Dear Blaine, I prefer Masha Sharapova, who hides the little Canon under her short tennis shorts but enticingly unccvers it from those nether regions, just for me.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-05-05 15:50

Dorogaia Darya,
How good of you to remember dear Rita Hayworth, and that unforgettable scene from "Gilda". She was a Spanish-American girl from New York.In her later years she had Alzheimer's and was straying into too many strange beds. She once sadly said: "Guys go to bed with glamorous Rita Hayworth and wake up to find that it's only me." Her family took loving care of her.

If you went straight east from Vladivostok what part of the US would you hit? Maybe Portland,Oregon? I contribute occasionally to the Catholic Church there in Vladivostok and get their newsletter. It seems like a nice town.

Thanks for your lively contribution to the Forum.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.