New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Why is it so hard to meet people?

Author: Kimberly  (---.insight.res.rr.com)
Date:   08-18-05 20:13

I wonder, with so many unattached people out there all over the world, why it's so hard to meet someone to date and/or hang out with and have fun? I wonder at times if I am just too picky. Of course, working full time, raising my son who is involved in sports and doing volunteer work from time to time, I still think it's tough. What do you think? Have you had much success getting to know people on this site? I find that men will send a little "show an interest" message, then nothing. You won't hear anything from them again. Yes I know that they could just decide to not be interested any more. It still makes me wonder. Would really appreciate your input. Thanks!

Kim

Reply To This Message

Re: Why is it so hard to meet people?

Author: Elena  (---.220.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   08-19-05 12:35

Kim, I think it's necessary don't hesitate to write to men, who seem to be interesting for you and try new people, again and again. I rarely write myself, but often happens that even when man express a big interest and I answer, then he disappeared after some letters...maybe another woman caught his interest...I don't wonder... there are many people, but we need only one...and should be patient and don't be disappointed just after some attempts. This process of finding someone special depends not from us, how nice and attractive we are, but from a luck to meet just your man with whom you feel some "spark".

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-19-05 16:16

I agree with Elena. Finding somebody takes much time,patience,and a little bit of luck too!

Reply To This Message

Author: Andrew  (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date:   08-19-05 16:23

Yes, and sometimes you find the perfect person but there are barriers. Kim, I am sure you will find someone but for now just enjoy the friends you meet, life has a way of working out somehow :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-20-05 01:41

Thank you all for your responses. However, I may have come across the wrong way. There is no hurry to meet someone for a relationship. Yes, I would like to meet someone and get married again, some day. And if it happens, it happens. If not, whatever. But what I was hoping was to write to and talk with some people. Maybe establish some friendships. That would be fun and cool. I am writing a man in Russia. He is very nice and besides our translation problem, which we are handling fine, it is fun. I enjoy his correspondence and look forward to it. Initially it was different due to neither of us speaking the others language. Be we manage. It is nice learning about his country, life and children. And he seems interested in mine as well. It's things like this I would like more of. I can be impatient. I just love to learn about people and talk with them. Was hoping to learn more. Oh well. We will see. You all are wonderful.

Kim

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-20-05 03:33

Kim I am much the same as you, I love the friendship also my Russian girl and I had a lot of trouble communicating but she has come such a long way. I can not believe how well she has learned English over the past few months, I on the other hand struggle with Russian but learning slowly, we chat freely now and talk each weekend. Try using Skype to talk to your friend, its just like being on the phone and its free.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-20-05 03:41

Also I have promised her a Coffee in Moscow, so when my jobs slow up and I get the time I will just do it. That will be just awesome and so exciting

Reply To This Message

Author: JeffS  (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date:   08-20-05 07:43

I don't care.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-20-05 20:23

Wow Jeff. Thank you for your insight. It was well thought out and very interesting. Maybe if I'm lucky, I might find a kind hearted gentleman with a wonderful sense of humor just like you. It's always nice to hear a man with a positive outlook on life. I bet your email is full of messages from women who can't resist your charm.

Kim

Reply To This Message

Author: Anders301  (---.albnxr3.ras.tele.dk)
Date:   08-21-05 01:25

Well - think it's not so hard to meet ppl over this site - some even said they would jump by and say hello, but never heard from them! On internet - things tend to cook up and boil out - don't worry. It's a part of the game, and you have to play it to learn it.

Internet relationships starts like fun - maybe it ends in serious relationship or it ends in nothing. But - you always meet new ppl - and that is something that can't be taken away again. I have got my part of the beating, and have given some too. Met lot's of scammers, but now just ignore those persons.

So - don't worry to much - you will find your next loved one. Maybe he is hiding in you neigbours bush (BUSH!!! u got that?) or is a lemmon clipper from Costa Rica. Who knows - go out - have fun, enjoy your son, be happy for him. One day you meet the guy, 'cause your spirit is right!

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-22-05 03:38

Thank you. That was very nice. You never know, you may be right. And yes, I did get it. Still laughing.

Kim

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-22-05 04:40

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.