New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Nadya!!

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-19-05 07:00

I am only interested in your opinion,Nadya. Is what I wrote something that you have heard,or heard often? One thing I know which bothers many Europeans is that Americans are sometimes brash and outspoken. I do not feel that I have a closed mind to anybody with a question or opinion--but in my life there are no "sacred cows"-no "unmentionable topics". This coming from a guy ( me) who grew up punished for speaking out of turn or to adults ( when children should be seen and not heard-so the saying goes ) Punished for wasting food--punished for putting my elbows on the table--punished for inquiring and entertaining my curiosity. I asked the wrong questions in church even. I am sorry that you feel offended. I should feel offended also by your reluctance to answer directly my controversial question,which was innocently asked by me for the purpose of self-knowlege,but ignorance and stereotypical hate are REAL sentiments that other countries have for the U.S. Some of it is resentment,as in Germany,where the U.S has had army bases since the time when the world was afraid that communism was going to cross from east to west in Berlin. If I were incorrect--how do you suppose people from the indutrial cities who manufactured and sold bombs which killed American soldiers feel? They did not hate us--it was "just business?" I have grown up with ignorant hatred. My own grandfather used to call me "Taylor trash" I did not understand why,until I was much older. Taylor was the Christian name given to my grandfather who was a brown man. My grandfather was calling me a bastard child for being related to another race of person. The author of this bad letter----I wrote to her and chewed her ass ( rebuked her ) same as you just chewed mine. It is not always a good thing to be a thinker,Nadya. Because sooner or later,you will be put on the spot,you will be criticized,you will probably also be beat up and have your nose broken-or worse. If you want to kill the message--kill the messenger!! Jesus must have been quite a thinker himself. He was crucified for written and spoken ideas which were not understood by his own rabbis in the church. These ideas and principles are misunderstood still,and people kill each other in the name of God. SO,my little letter bothered you? I wonder how many men like me read this letter and discarded it,never bothering to question it or question others. There is a thing in this country called freedom of speech,and freedom of the press. It is still a new idea to some countries,who kill the speaker ( or writer),or imprison him. But you cannot kill the ideas by killing the idea maker- you cannot make the ring of truth disappear. I was disappointed because I thought my letter might have some shock value to it,but Americans are so accustomed to being criticized by the same countries that have received my tax dollars. As we speak,Somalia is starving,and much talk will create American relief money! Somalia hates us because the US military tried to take their dictator out many years ago,and America had a small war in Mogadishu. The same letters will be coming from Iraq and Iran, Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan--all places where the US military are felt,and unwanted. There are others who do not want us in their countries,and hate us because America represents a beautiful idea--even if it is not so wonderful sometimes. I had hoped for real Ukranian opinion,but because I was given none related to my posting--what am I supposed to think? Maybe deep inside of The Crimea, or on the Dnieper River,or in the tourist city of Odessa,there are people who really,really hate all Americans,and think that all wealthy,selfish,culturally and geographically ignorant Americans would be better off dead? In America,other cultures have had a tough time immigrating. The Irish were bashed and called Micks. The Italians that immigrated were bashed. Called wops and dagos--it is the joke that most Italian men have an uncle named Vito who is part of the Italian mafia. The Chinese were made into slave laborers and to this day you will hear people say, "No tickee,no shirtee",as if every Chinese person worked in a laundry. All asian people have the stigma of the world wars and Vietnam to deal with. Communism caused many Americans to view even the simple farming folks from Russia as " The red threat". And still many people do not distinguish Russia from Ukraine, Latvia,or Romania for that matter. Dark skinned middle eastern men are stared at like they are terrorists-even if they come from India,they look Iraqi. WHen America was in the GUlf War,shirts were sold which said, " I would go 10,000 miles to smoke ( blow up or kill ) a Camel. This is the saying for Camel cigarettes--but I do not think mass killing is ever funny. Jewish,Black,and Asian people are hated within the U.S. There are hateful and racist people everywhere-even in my homestate of MOntana--where there are very few black people,asians or jews. WHy this contempt? Because we fear the unknown! What we do not understand we cannot embrace. I however,have no fear. I will ask black people if they really do love fried chicken,and why they can call each other nigga when nobody else can get away with it. I will ask the German people about the slaughter in Russia,and I will ask the Russian people about the raping of women in Berlin and Dresden,and if they prefer the Pilsener beer or the Hefeweisen. I will ask the Japanese about the torture of American soldiers,and I will question the airmen who dropped "Fatboy",and "Little Man' on the people of Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Remember---There is not a stupid question that IS NOT asked. I struck out with my post and question. Darya had more response with the love topics. But I ask something which is provocative and controversial so you WILL think--so you WILL voice your emotions-so you will maybe think next time you see or hear an American that not all of us are brash,loud,stupid,greedy,or shallow in thought. Only through understanding will we achieve real peace! Mir!!!

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.