New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Love, to love- what does it mean for you?

Author: Smiling  (---.ukrlink.net.ua)
Date:   02-11-06 20:48

It is very interesting to know minds about this subjekt from foreigners. Because not so a long time ago I have got knowledge we have differenses to understanding meaning of these words.

Reply To This Message

Re: Love, to love- what does it mean for you?

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   02-13-06 03:26

I think that when you love somebody,you smile and feel good to do something special for them. You think of their well-being before your own. You think of special things to do for them. You worry for them. You search in your mind for the words that are interesting for them. And the thought of being without them is painful. You are happy just to make them happy. When you love-your energy is high and you feel like you can do anything--nothing is impossible. To love somebody is to put their needs above your own,and to be happy with each day they are a part of your life.

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (---.dialup.itte.kz)
Date:   02-13-06 09:59

Are here any other (besides Blaine, thank him for his active position here!:)) ) foreigners with them own opinion about this topic?

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-13-06 20:55

Dear guys, I clear understand that not everybody has such noble mind about love like Blaine. But if you ashame to write here your mind you can write your mind on my mailbox on this site and nobody will know about that . Your minds will help me to understand my man.Because we have didderence to understanding love. I will apreciate every mind about this subjekt. Help me, please.

Reply To This Message

Author: Lorentz  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   02-26-06 06:14

My Dearest, apparently NOT Smiling;

Your "subjekt" has received little response because you have comingled two issues. - Is it understanding your "Man," that you are primarily concerned with ?? Because, if so, you could be in no finer spot to ask.
With the collection of high milers on this site, - we are talking a virtual brain trust toward understanding any man. I promise their insights will be dead bang on the money. Give the Devil his due and restate question.

If, on the other hand you seek to uncover the 'true meaning of LOVE' - you could be in no worse enviornment to find answer for this. IF there is one at all. - I do know however, that us "fer'ners and "aliens" feel no differently about the subjekt than you. If love is anything, it is honest and a universal human experience.

YOU already know this, and already know how it "feels" - from giving and receiving love, in your family and from your children as I note that you are a mother, I have zero doubt that you have the tools to recognize it or it's absence. As to "Romantic Love"- remember that romance is on the opposite end of the truth spectrum from love. In ancient Latin origin, the word "Romance" means the fanticifull embellishment of the truth, a misrepresentation of the facts, a terminological inexactitude, ( in other words A LIE.)

Asking this group about this subject is like hiring a blind Chauffer to get you to the Opera on time. - Would any of us be here at all if we had this answer?

For me, if, as I suspect, ( since you asked "please,) the first question is the one you are actually concerned with,- for my answer, you could additionally be in no more perfect place to find a solution to KEEP YOU SMILING. - If you have to ASK,... and you don't "feel it" by now, - guess what,.... YOU NEED A NEW "MAN." - So post a profile and stop wasting energy on something that will not work. - I understand that Dieter is looking for someone legitimate. Maybe he knows the true meaning of Love.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood Viking.

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.ks.ks.cox.net)
Date:   02-26-06 07:36

I think that the forum is quite interesting because it throws a lot of attitudes into the mix. I mean where else do we get to chat about all of the different subjects that this so called group talks about . It is much better than yahoo chat .. which is sleazy at the best. There are not too many forums out there. It may be a little difficult to find someone from the chatting forum , but it is informative for sure. AT least we get to hear everyones two cents.
Love is quite possible from any site. Each site publishes a lot of success stories. The only thing is Lorentz is that it takes more money to
find a girl from another country. I have dated some very nice US women , but I just have liked the culture and I have decided that it isn't so different to find love from outside. In fact I have two friends that within this past month have their future gfriends in the US from Ukraine.
When I was in Kiev in Jan.. we got to hang out some and I met their gfriends and they did very well with love. :)
So I think that they have a big success stories.

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-26-06 07:56

Yes ,Lorentsz I wrote and asked advise for the real situation, which is happening now with me now.
I think about love alike Blaine( look above).But my fiansey think so
about love, when I asked him if what to love meant for him: It is a desire to be with you, to care for you, you are in my thoughts, and I miss you when you are not near. I do not need you to care for me, to give me money, or to make my life easier. I have a fabulous life here in UK and I love you enough to want to share this life with you.
I have got big doubts after my visit him in the UK. I saw him
different there in the UK than in my home. But we went very far in our relations.
And you are right Lorentz, I am apparently not smiling now.

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-27-06 07:07

How often things are not as they seem--or as a person has portrayed himself/herself to be. I was thinking this morning about this subject--thinking of what Kate wrote about respect. ANd this is good--respect and honesty are essential for any relationship: mother /daughter, employer/employee, mail man/scary dog etc. But there has to be something more. I respect all people because this is how I was raised as a child. I think you must do more than respect--you must genuinely LIKE a person,and see qualities in him/her which are attractive to you. Perhaps a quality which you admire and wish you could have for yourself. My notions about love may be too romantic,Smiling,and part of a fantasy. But as I have grown older ( wiser?) about relations,I try to see my lessons more clearly. It is different for a young woman seeking love for the first time. She has the world in front of her. But for me--there are past memories and experiences--and qualities which are not acceptable to me.

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-04-06 09:05

James; - Have seen your posts and like them. - look forward to seeing more. You give every impression that you are a nice guy with an upbeat attitude and positive outlook.

ON THIS PARTICULAR POST ABOVE HOWEVER, - I am afraid you have lost me completely. You seem to respond to something that I have never expressed. I checked. Further, you discuss nothing having to do with Similings issue ( her subject page, ) or anything said by anyone else on this thread. Need a new subject ??

If you do, please start by explaining what you do mention, which is that you, are now currently visiting Russia/Ukr. along with several of your friends who are actively in the process of bringing to the U.S. their Russian "g-friends." ( Your exact word.) Is this becoming a fad in your circle of associates ?? Are you guys seeking to establish some sort of Russo-Stepford Wives Club ?? - I look to your response, because this sounds particularly suspect to me. If you feel the need for a club, buy a yacht or a new Harley Davidson and go for a cruise. There is no healthy equivilent for trophy's or status symbols ( arm pieces,) in human beings.

I know this must be a missimpression on my part, so I am hoping that you might explain.

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-05-06 17:20

Yeah, I know that Smilings issue is at hand. I can agree with your assessment of her situation. But who knows, every situation has to play out to see the results. Never know where that this duscussions can lead on here. When I used the word girlfriend , maybe the better word would be fiancee. I dont have a fiancee , so that is why I suggested the word girl friend and then you could say that the girl is visiting on a fiancee visa, but I don't know that she is your fiancee until the time that you give her a ring and decide to have an engagement, hence just girl friends.
But I havn't heard of any club for Ukraine/ US relations. I sure think it is a good idea. Of course I believe that if you develop a relationship to marriage, then that is what most of us want.

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-06-06 02:45

James,I am really a fiansee because I got a proposal to get married with a diamand ring( $4000), before my visit the UK,my fiansey's house.All was nice in my home. But terrible something happened in the Uk.I will not tell about that here. I have forgiven him, but I cannot foget it how you understand. We have a big difference for understanding love, relations betwin a man and a woman,family relations. As for me main in love-to give and to get, for him -to get and to speak much about love to me.
Yes, I am a Russian, but I am an educated,well-mannered woman knowing much about the UK and life there, about mentaly of the Englishmen, literature, history,geografy.And I can say I like England and the Englishmen. I am prepared to live there. My fiansey has known nothing about mentaly of Russians, Ukrainians, these countries, life here and has not tried to know it. Before me he had never had relations with our women and had never interested in our countries. I am afraid he is not able to study, to know.And that worries me very much.
But how it seamed, I have known a little about love and relations betwin a man and a woman in the Uk an perhaps in foreign contries.I am not
a poor Ukrainian woman, who only wants to get a pocket with money and the life in the UK. So I cannot breik myself.
I am trying to get an answer on my questions here.
But dear men, you have spoken about all , but only not about subjekt of this topic (apart Blaine).

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-06-06 03:11

I want to add my fiansey has visited my home 5 time for 5 month and has still known no Russian word. No, he is not stupid (he graduated a college, and has been working for goverment for more then 30 years)

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-06-06 04:29

Well I can see that you have put the time and effort into it.. But it seems that all the efforts are on your part. So I would say that unless he gets his wake up call ** and see what is important to you, that it will be difficult to make it. I think that you should only have good feelings, because sometimes those doubts come into play later on !!
Wish you the best , because you are really hoping it will work !!

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-08-06 17:37

Smiling; ... Still no new photo to do some marketing. - One thing for certain that is the exact same both here and there regarding relationships is that women want to change their man. - Lots of women in my family, - the idea goes, ... well, - he's this and he's that, and he does the other so well, - BUT,.. there's this one little thing, and, .. well, "we'll work on that."
You hear the same story, over and over.

There is a very popular Broadway Musical that went to film and just came out on video, - maybe it is now available somewhere for you to view.
The Musical is "RENT" - and one of the songs in it is called " Take me as I am." - Your English appears to be more than sufficient to understand what the lyrics have to say.

As this pertains to Love, and what it means. IF you love someone, you love all of them, not just parts. You accept all of the package, those that appeal and those that , well if you did not love them you would not be happy with. -

Reply To This Message

Author: Zhanna  (---.network.kz)
Date:   04-04-06 11:39

I like Blaine's description of love (I guess I am in his support team :-), but he doesn't need I think). It made me think about the relationship I am involved in now, whether it can be love or something else. I did it almost as a check-each-maching-point way:

"...when you love somebody,you smile and feel good to do something special for them" - well, I do smile sometimes when I get a phone call from him, even when I was angry with him before. But I am usually thinking about myself first and not about doing something pleasant for him.

"You think of their well-being before your own." - No. But I don't think that he does either.

"You think of special things to do for them." - Sometimes.

You worry for them. - Yes, but not more than for myself.

"You search in your mind for the words that are interesting for them. And the thought of being without them is painful. " - No, it's not, though I miss him if I don't hear from him for more than 2 days. But it can be that I got used to him or his phone calls.

"You are happy just to make them happy." - No. Maybe I am not this kind of person , but rather self-centered one.

And the most important:

"When you love-your energy is high and feel like you can do anything-nothing is impossible." - No, I don't feel like that. I can remember that I felt like that only once in my life, long ago and the person I had such feelings for didn't deserve them at all, I just felt so, well, maybe it were hormons.

Actually I feel now very down, because of many big and small problems, not knowing what should I do to feel more content with my life.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-04-06 12:17

Zhanna, that only means you don't love your man. And it is all.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-04-06 13:12

Zhanna,nice to see you again!!I think you under-estimate yourself Zhanna. You probably have not met the right person. Smiling is right. When you love there really is no question about giving all of yourself to the relationship. ANd there is certainly less doubt,although doubt is not completely gone until replaced by years of trust. You are very uncertain! And you are also a little defensive because you have been burned by the flames of love. I have my own feeling that most people are selfish--only thinking about what can be given to them from the relations. This will work if the other person is madly in love with you--because they will give you everything. But it is sad to be in a relationship where one person loves more than the other. I know this. As perfect as you can be is not enough for the unloving partner. And if you pour out too much love the other person can also become irritated or angry with you,because they know that they have little or no love to return.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-04-06 17:35

Smiling, do you have another name I can call you by? It can be any name. I have been nice ,but I am ready to give you a name soon!! I mean no disrespect,only I like to be able to address people with more than just an adverb. Speaking of disrespect--I do not understand why your fiance does not learn Russian. I live near Mexico,and when I am there,I speak every word I know in Spanish. Often I have to do work for Mexican people,and I try my best to speak with them. I know they appreciate and respect this. If you have children with him,will your children learn Russian as well as English? I do not see how they could not. My friend Lyudmila in New York--her husband refuses to learn any Russian--but I am sure that he will learn words that she uses all the time.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-04-06 17:41

I keep thinking about the topic here--to love;what does it mean? And I keep thinking that there is so much to love about life,and the many things in it. I do not think for a moment that somebody who simply loves a person knows love. There is so much more to it. Love is an affliction which I wish all people had. But the passion for life is also love,and I think people wrongly put all of their love into other persons. I think to love is to be "loving",and to care deeply about many different things in life,not just people. I believe this to be short-sighted and narrow of focus.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-04-06 23:25

Of cource, Blaine, I have another name alike all people. But I am for chatting here. And I think it is not important for people here my real name and how I look(my photo). Much important what I write here. I like to speak with interesting people and I like to exchange by minds and thoughts , because I don't have such possible in real life. And second I improve my English, writing here:)

About my fiansey. He is not going to live in Ukraine and that is his explanation why he doesn't want to study Russian. And he ever demands me and my child to speak English all time in my home. That is not hard for me to speak English, I have been studing English and continue to do it. My child speaks English very good, too, because she has been studing in English schools for 7 years.We will not have common children- He has enough his own children and I have mine.

When I began this topic I meaned not love in its general meaning, but love between a man and a woman.

Reply To This Message

Author: Angel  (---.ru)
Date:   04-05-06 01:24

Usually when the abstract concept as discussion passes Love to concrete cases of people is mentioned. All of us different. I sometimes feel a kitten at station of the Life. People pass by me, sometimes they stop to stroke, take on hands of me. Then look at hours, set on a floor and escape. It is a pity, but for one instant it became seemed to me that the world gentle, warm and reliable...

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.