New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Barb Taylor 46235 African Scammer

Author: James  (---.cmbrmaor.covad.net)
Date:   04-06-06 04:59

I spent some time in Yahoo chat with this person yesterday. The set up for a 'travel to you' scam was obvious.

S/he is not in Jackson, MS but rather in Benin, Africa. S/he has serious family problems. S/he wants to come to the USA to stay with me as soon as possible.

I did not waste any more time to actually get pitched for money for airfare / to help her momma / so forth.

S/he also does not have command of English as a native American, although s/he claims to have a US passport. This person is English fluent, but does not know how to correctly use words such as 'the' and 'a' and 'an'. Also 'momma' is not a common usage for mother in the USA.

Reply To This Message

Re: Barb Taylor 46235 African Scammer

Author: Elena  (---.55.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   04-07-06 04:09

I wonder how such kind of African Scammers still think that someone can believe all their tricks !
It seems obvious their purpose!

Reply To This Message

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   04-07-06 07:52

I belive it to be 100% of the Africans are scammers, it has been in my histery of it, (smile).

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.cmbrmaor.covad.net)
Date:   04-07-06 08:50

I reported this profile and New Dating has yanked it. You are quite correct Andy, everything coming out of Africa should be considered to be a scam until proven otherwise. A few months ago I saw an interesting article about the Nigerian money scammers - they literally sit at a computer and send hundreds of emails a day to try to catch one or two rubes. And their attitude is that all western people are dumb and deserve to be robbed. To make trouble for them I always forward the email with full headers to abuse@ whatever service they are using, most often Yahoo but others as well. Then a few days later I get another email "Good news! I have a new email address and you can write me here!" I smile, and then I forward that email to abuse!

Reply To This Message

Author: Uri  (12.153.18.---)
Date:   04-09-06 15:10

James,Barb also contacted me, and had the same conversation with her.Andy is right,my experience with conections to Africa,are all scames.some of those girles claim on the information page that they are from the US,and those are the once that are usualy in Africa.using someones pictures that atract men to write to them.

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   04-09-06 21:58

Some of these women who scam American guys live here in the states. They get the address of your home,and the telephone number. When you go to the airport or wherever to pick them up,somebody calls your home to see if you are there--or they just come rob your house while you are at the airport. Many of the Nigerians claim to be from the US--and stranded in a foreign country because of their evil uncle,or dead parents. Some say they are modeling,and soon to return home. They are also short of the money for the plane ticket. They do have 1000 dollars,but need 250 more dollars for the airfare--and if you really like them and want to see them=you will facilitate the money at the last moment. They will plea and beg for it. "Don`t you love me",they will say,or, " Don`t you want me to make it back home to the USA?" Simple solution to all of this? Just ask her about her "hometown" of "Dayton,Ohio,USA " If you know nothing--just spend a few minutes in a website from Dayton`s city website! She will say she was young when they left there. Ask her for the address of her uncle or whatever family she has in Dayton,and check it out for yourself. These women play off of your sensitivity. A gentleman is in trouble here--better to be a little rough and sceptical than an easy " mark " for a con artist. As always--ask many questions and demand many answers!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Uri  (12.153.18.---)
Date:   04-10-06 05:32

thank you blane, you are right on.I would love to find out from you, onece you know a person is a scamer,what do you do?I would love to play with them. have any Ideas?how do I report to New dating of a scamer?

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-10-06 08:01

I try to catch them with their words. I am probably teaching them how to be "Better" scammers when I ask them why they do not respond to my questions or even personal inquiries. I actually feel pity for them--because I know what it is like living in my little hometown in Montana, and struggling to live. On one hand--I love the beauty of Montana and living there ( just as many insincere women near the Black Sea or Caucasus mountains?) on the other hand-desperation and frustration at not having the kind of lifestyle I want to have make home a less cozy place. I am not vindicitive or vengeful of them. But,if you want to do something to make them waste their time ( as you have wasted yours)--just tell them the Western Union money transfer is ready, give them a 000-000-000 ( transfer number),and tell them that their money is waiting for them. You may be surprised to find that a real person will write an original letter to whimper that they made the trip to the office and have not received the money.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-10-06 08:20

I seldom report insincere profiles. I write to the fraud instead and ask them if their name really is (whatever they call themselves),and why they have done what they have done. They usually do not write back--but if they do,often a beautiful "woman" will curse like a sailor!! Of course I should tell you to report them to New Dating-but New Dating could catch a lot of women through a simple Google search. I have not seen one dating site which screens out their members unless being prompted by somebody who is being frauded. I am sure that this process of screening takes too much time. Natalia--are you here still? I have not seen a moderator in this site for a long long time!! Some sites do have a reputation as being "above the board" and honest,such as Anastasia. But if you find a site which has mostly drop-dead gorgeous women,many of them are "poster-children" meant to attract men and write many letters of introduction which are intended to make you buggy-eyed with love,lust or curiousity. If they can secure from you a payment for a grand "flat' in FSU,they might make a few dollars. If you will pay 70 US dollars for flowers to be delivered,then someone has made a "killing" on a bunch of 2 dollar roses. If one woman can get 10 men every day to pay 6 or 7 dollars each for a "translated" ( canned) letter,then I would say they have a profitable business. It may well be that they are paying to support their families. Remember that the economy of a place often dictates the level of thievery!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   04-10-06 13:39

Blaine I hope you don't think "Anastasia" is clean (lol), I could write a book on them (da)

Reply To This Message

Author: Lorentz  (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date:   04-29-06 04:31

"Momma is not a common useage for mother in the U.S.A" - It is the painstaking carefull attention to such details, no doubt, that has helped bring this African scammer to justice. - Brilliant observation,- now everyone will know what kinds of things to look for to protect themselves.
Thanks for exposing this criminal from our midst and keep up the good work.

Sincerely, YFN Viking.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.