New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 East spirituality and the western pragmatism

Author: Toni  (---.dialup.sarkor.uz)
Date:   05-26-06 22:03

Russian women are more pragmatic than they seem, but these were demands of the epoch and hard life of soviet and post-soviet time. Women have adjusted better to changes and new life, as they took care of their husbands tired after long working day and they were responsible for kids and home duties. Since economical crisis many men, weighted down with loss of work and therefore financial stability, have not been capable to overcome difficulties and preferred to drown the sorrows in drink. Changes have made men unable to find a use for their skills, but at the same time have found women, obliged to bring home bacon and trying to adjust to new life demands.
But in spite of their new to them pragmatism Russian know how to keep their womanhood and tenderness. They don't lose gentleness in their self-esteem. Streets are overcrowded with beautiful smiling women, walking and running around the city, most of them are well dressed tastefully. Short skirts, tight pants and transparent blouses, leaving nothing to imagination, are common things at work, as well as at party. In the USA this kind of clothes and such behavior would be called "sexual harassment", for sure, but in Russia it is natural and integral part of a woman, otherwise she will shed her feminity and stop being Woman.

Reply To This Message

Re: East spirituality and the western pragmatism

Author: Elena  (212.116.244.---)
Date:   05-30-06 04:38

East spirituality and the western pragmatism

Profile Author: Toni (---.dialup.sarkor.uz)
Date: 05-26-06 22:03

Russian women are more pragmatic than they seem, but these were demands of the epoch and hard life of soviet and post-soviet time. Women have adjusted better to changes and new life, as they took care of their husbands tired after long working day and they were responsible for kids and home duties. Since economical crisis many men, weighted down with loss of work and therefore financial stability, have not been capable to overcome difficulties and preferred to drown the sorrows in drink. Changes have made men unable to find a use for their skills, but at the same time have found women, obliged to bring home bacon and trying to adjust to new life demands.
But in spite of their new to them pragmatism Russian know how to keep their womanhood and tenderness. They don't lose gentleness in their self-esteem. Streets are overcrowded with beautiful smiling women, walking and running around the city, most of them are well dressed tastefully. Short skirts, tight pants and transparent blouses, leaving nothing to imagination, are common things at work, as well as at party. In the USA this kind of clothes and such behavior would be called "sexual harassment", for sure, but in Russia it is natural and integral part of a woman, otherwise she will shed her feminity and stop being Woman.

Toni, I'd like to notice that the east spirituality has nothing common with western pragmatism. Those societies what have one of these qualities have enough patient and stable level of life and also keep high level of their culture. Take, for example, all countries of Western
Europe from one side and UAE and Turkey from other. Unfortunately, Russian people in mass haven't both of these qualities and this make their lives very hard and unstable.

These qualities are the opposite conceptions like working and party's clothes.:)) If the clothes of woman keeps nothing for men's imagination ("short skirts, tight pants and transparent blouses" also have nothing common with east spirituality) then men will be busy only with constant looks at her not with their jobs.:))

Also, it's well known, that American and Western women dressing in these clothers called "sexual harassment" (it sounds more better -
"sexual aggression") become more feminist with every year so true femininity lies deep inside of woman's person, character and not in her looks or clothers. It's great paradox, but the more open become the woman's clothers the more feminine becomes she by herself...

Reply To This Message

Author: Elena  (212.116.226.---)
Date:   05-30-06 07:53

I am sorry - I wanted to write "the less feminine becomes she by herself", of course.

Reply To This Message

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   05-30-06 08:46

very good post, and I see some of the problems we all face are being aired, (smile)

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-30-06 19:46

The beautiful and expensive clothes can be bought. Spirituality is that the person receives years, accumulating, concentrating in itself. The beautiful, well dressed woman without spirituality is Barbi

Reply To This Message

Author: Ann  (---.dialup.awanti.com)
Date:   07-26-06 11:50

But in spite of their new to them pragmatism Russian know how to keep their womanhood and tenderness. They don't lose gentleness in their self-esteem.
Streets are overcrowded with beautiful smiling women, walking and running around the city, most of them are well dressed tastefully. Short skirts, tight pants and transparent blouses, leaving nothing to imagination, are common things at work, as well as at party. In the USA this kind of clothes and such behavior would be called "sexual harassment", for sure, but in Russia it is natural and integral part of a woman, otherwise she will shed her feminity and stop being Woman.
++++
Hello Tony
Tony, many countries western and iasten countries r places 4 many and many beutiful women - not only russia)) italy 4 exmpl
short skits? is it so important? is it so good teste - sepetially on ur workplace?
I think rus women can look good but...th iis not enough. they r very unhappy, very strong but unhappy...I think rus wonen think 2 much of looking good they dont think of...feeling good, not dress makes u happy.. and not dress makes u really sexual...

> The beautiful and expensive clothes can be bought. Spirituality
> is that the person receives years, accumulating, concentrating
> in itself. The beautiful, well dressed woman without
> spirituality is Barbi

Reply To This Message

Author: Tony Harper  (---.pink.co.uk)
Date:   07-30-06 14:53

Sorry for the very quick note.

I am at work, have pinted the who thread out as I want to ask some questions about this subject.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-04-06 01:07

U can ask,
Ask us, we r here)))

Reply To This Message

Author: Ronnie  (---.wk.net)
Date:   08-06-06 16:26

Toni
When I was in Russia I notice the thing that you was talking about and this is not what the American man are looking for is not the beauty of the out side but what is in side will catch a man first we are looking for Family value. that is what has happen to the women in the U.S. they have lost all the morels of the women hood and mother hood and just think of them self. and if you don't watch it, it will happen in your country that is why the men in the U.S. are looking for women in other country like Russia and Ukraine for there women we are tired of this. all we want is to have a good Marriage and a women that we can trust on and be a good mother to are children and for it to be a family not just what she wants.

Ronnie

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-06-06 22:54

East Spiritual West Pragmatic, Perceived?

There must be a bit in the middle, which is both spiritual and pragmatic, could that be Moscow? (Joke for the Muscovites, It is easy to make fun of all our Capital Cities as they tend to be cosmopolitan with the location of Embassies)

As always, it is very difficult to generalise when debating such things. Being a man, when I first read the whole thread I thought it was only about beauty. Such a shallow topic as is perceived beauty. (Sorry about the joke of being shallow) However the more I thought about the whole subject the more I wanted to say and ask questions about, so much so I could not write anything, as I did not know where to start!

• Is the theme gender related?

• Would a person form one generation have differing or conflicting views from another?

• Would the theme be perceived differently in other cultures?

• How much does peer presser affect the outcome, response, or dress code?

• We are bombarded daily by the media would this taint our perceived views?

• Knowing as stated by some satistic that there only 88 males to every 100 females would this alone force the Russian woman to dress or act in any particular way?

• Being “left on the shelf” at the age of 27 (I can hear the deafening screams coming from the “Russia and further a field” when this is read, I have tears of laughter in my eyes!!! I know it is not funny, it is the imagined response that I find funny)

• Would newly gain freedom help us to rebel and make a statement against the old way? As too newly found ethnic identity (Just for the record I do not believe that true freedom exists anywhere in this small world of ours wherever you are!)

Off course I am biased I am an idealistic male and therefore can only hold one concept in my mind at any one time! Unlike the female who is multi-tasking, practical, realistic, sensible, down-to-earth, levelheaded, truthful, faithful, genuine, and yes pragmatic.

So now, we have a question that has been slightly turned. Are men Spiritual and women Pragmatic? Because in the not so distant passed only males were the leaders the religious worlds. Women had to be multi-tasking.. etc.. etc.. etc… Running the family home. (Before shouting at me on the above line please read my get-out clause at the end)

In some cultures of the world the woman are only seen as baby making, caring machines. This is am impossible situation for me as it takes two to make a baby. It takes two to bring up a baby in a loving environment. Sadly, in one country this human instant is to be taken away. Development is continuing on the possibility of making babies without the use of a man, this would make the male species’ even more spiritual or turn to spirits for salvation! (Sorry, I make light hearted of this and I am very aware of the destruction alcoholic drink can bring, if we never talk about it then we can never correct its problems)

I like to bit about Barbie but where is Ken? Moreover, we must not forget the blond Bimbo, seriously “beauty is only skin deep” we must all realise that! However “beauty is in the eyes of the beholder” and yet one more “One mans meat is another mans poison” (I winced when I typed “blond”) true relationships are much, much more than looks alone. I feel sorry for the so-called glamour stars, painted faces with bits missing; cut out by the surgeon’s knife and silicon implants making up parts they perceived to be at fault. For me it is better to be with someone who is not checking the mirror every five minutes…. But who can receive infinite love and return the same without conditions.

Speaking as a granddad, has anyone else heard or said, “The young people of today they have no respect for their elders, it wasn’t like that in my day” Please someone kick me if I start to say such things!

A trend that does seem to be reoccurring in people is that they expect, demand things instantly no longer willing to make or help to make thing happen. In this, “throw away” society in England as it must be in other countries we are undermining our respect for others!

An example, I use to help run a sub-aqua club, held many official responsible posts, Diving, Equipment, Project Officers, the club taught diving in a swimming pool then took the novices diving around the coast of England. We were at one time one big family helping in which way we could to maintain the equipment, training running the social side of the club. However, a generation came through that thought “We paid our subscriptions now we want to go diving” and would not help the club. For me the “family” was the whole point of the club. (Old fashion views)

I want to tell you of an event that took place in England a few years ago. A magistrate was presiding over a rape case. After hearing all the evidence he based his decision on the following statement “Young lady you dressed in such provocative away that the case you bring of rape is dismissed, you asked for what you received” Clearly this was a total miscarriage of justice and should never have happened! You have to ask why this old man made such an alarming decision.

1) He was a man
2) He was from a generation when the sight of an ankle was through to be sexy.
3) Women did not go out on their own, if they did they were chaperoned

I am not defending this man; he based his WRONG decisions on his passed experiences, which is what most of us do. No thought or vision for the future.

Thank god that we have moved on from such biased male opinions. I feel deeply sorry for the woman, how the whole event must have scared her for life, and how the legal system let her down so badly!

Question
I have for some reason in the back of my head a memory that suggested that women who wore ankle chains/bracelets were classed as prostitutes. So I was surprise to see such jewellery displayed in shops in England. Dose anyone else have such memories of the wearing of clothing and jewellery? Now a person from one generation could misinterpret a situation of another just by wearing innocence piece of jewellery!

In a similar light if, I labelled a granddad by some on this Forum. I look at a beautiful scantily clad woman in the street. I am perceived as a “dirty old man” But if I am viewing a treasured nude painting inside of an art gallery, I am perceived to cultured? To me that is double standards. I think that there should be a distinction drawn between admiring beauty and lusting over beauty. Never mind what beauty is?

In England, we have the stereo type of working class family. The man is at work wearing his cloth cap everyday and the woman is talking to her next door neighbour our across the garden fence all day. She must have the evening meal ready when he comes home! Usually he is off to the pub after eating the evening meal. (Never understood how he could afford to go to the pub each night) On payday, most men handed their unopened wage packets to the wife who then gave out “pocket money” If the men kept all the money this would be spent on spiritual discussions putting the wrongs of the world to rights or telling the barmaid how his wife did not understand him. You see even in the old day’s woman were pragmatic!

But in the modern times in England, a couple cannot afford to buy a home on a single wage earnings. Both have to work to finance the home. This puts strange on the relationship especially if the man has lived in a family home when everything is done for him. He takes these misguided preconceptions into the marriage and expects his wife to be pragmatic and do all the work in the house and keep a full time job. Clearly, the pour woman would not survive long in such an environment and the marriage breaks down.

Dress code, I do not think that the “Western” society would view scantly clad young women as any form of “sexual harassment”. (Don’t like this east west thing, but words fail me to use another expression, I think that some people use this form to show some sort of superiority over others, this is NOT may intention at all.) However, in some situations she should be expected to be hassled by males (expression “Like Bees round a honey pot”) in other situations sadly much worse could be expected. I suppose if I went into a bar in Russia and walked up to a large, scarred man in a leather jacket, crew cut hair with hands the size of basketballs and said “Kak Dale comrade how’s your black Lada running” that would be the end of my writing carer on the forum. On the other hand, if I were to say your royal Goonness and offer a cheap Mercedes I could have a friend for life.

My get-out clause, Note: I have added numerous comments within this thread on this Forum, they are not necessary all my points of view! I do this to stimulate comments. Those who know me a little better will understand my opinionated views, great sense of fairness and equality (K) ;-))

I hope I have not been too flippant; there are some serious issues within the whole topic, not just my little bit. The important part is to talk to each other because that is the way we can start to understand each other, when we understand we have respect we have respect we have friendship, a quality that money can not buy.

Ivan the Fool
Munching away in pastures green.

Reply To This Message

Author: Ann  (83.143.198.---)
Date:   08-07-06 00:36

ohhhhh
I will read it later))))

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-07-06 10:32

Hello Ronnie. Excuse, could not answer earlier. I had time of holiday. I only have returned from rest.
Quite with you it agree. The woman of the Former Union the feminity, good mistresses and careful mothers, close, loving and careful wives yet have not lost. Certainly, there are exceptions to the rules. But it much less often in the East Europe, than in the West. In the East Europe on 10 women it is necessary 3 "drinking" men. Probably, it is a principal cause of that our women pay attention to the Western men. The woman, nevertheless, is created for family and continuation of a sort (life).
You are right, egoism and family is incompatible concepts. The family should be based on love, friendship, understanding, fidelity and trust. Then it will be happy family.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-09-06 12:29

Are men Spiritual and women Pragmatic?
++ yes always)))
every man is more spiritual than a women why? his body is not important, her body is important becouse of future baby))

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   08-14-06 21:48

This is why I believe women to be the most important sex of our species---they are vessels for other life to pass through. And although it is true that the man must also make his "donation" to this endeavor,it is woman who carries,suffers,and makes the biggest sacrifice for family. Anybody can be pragmatic and spiritual--these are noble words for self-description. Science tells us that women have the most highly developed frontal area in the brain. This is the reasoning and sensibility station of the brain. You would think that religious education would help develop this sense in men, but too many men strike out in brutish and unintelligent rage,instead of using logic and sensibility when making decisions. Of course there are also women who have an underdeveloped sense of human empathy--or humanity if you will,but these kind of women seem to me to be more man-like and masculine--and are much like what we have discussed here about the attitudes of women from America and women from eastern Europe. It is a very interesting subject to me,and I hope that there will be more discussion about it.

Reply To This Message

Author: Andy  (---.63-199-68.atginternet.com)
Date:   08-15-06 14:51

is your hibernation over (smile)

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-15-06 23:35

I was lured in by another female here at N.D. Although several wrote to me during my hiatus, one really struck my senses. Of course she could just be another professional- canned- letter- sender,but you know what? I really am starting to not care about it anymore. I wanted to come back and engage conversations. My life has been full of women lately--guests,brief lovers, my daughter--and on top of this I have been working from 7 in the morning until 8 or 9 at night. The transition into this more demanding physical work really kicked my butt for a while. I sent myself into deep debt recently,so I had to skinny out on my frivolous spending habits. It has been like returning from a long vacation--all the work to catch up on bills and get my accounts in order. ( Only--I did not get a vacation) I missed this place,even as I was reading posts I could not reply to. Where`s Sam and Lorentz? Things got a little heavy for a while--I hope it will stay calm and non-confrontational here. Maybe the chicks will come out of their incubators and talk a little more with us gentlemanly fellows??

Reply To This Message

Author: Jorge  (---.Red-81-33-157.dynamicIP.rima-tde.net)
Date:   08-16-06 09:33

I *know* I should write a long and well though post here... but for now I'll just say, you should see the women around Madrid in summer :P

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-16-06 23:02

My company is working on a big plumbing renovation at Tempe ASU (Arizona University ) I still cannot figure out how any work gets done!! The women there are incredible ( their young bodies ) but I cannot vouch for their characters--although I have done much work there and met many young ladies. Today I was in a real estate business that hires many,many women,and I got lost because my mind was really not on the corridors I walked through. There is no shortage of beautiful women anywhere I have ever been. When I lived in South Carolina I was amazed by the drop-dead gorgeous black ladies I seen. I also met one of these women on a service call last week. The irony is her name---Nadia. As many college campuses as you can think of hold pretty women. But this site is about something more than that. This endeavor is about a beautiful soul in a woman--and she is here in America too--but maybe a little harder to find??

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-20-06 05:05

2 Blaine

. Science tells us that women have the most highly developed frontal area in the brain. This is the reasoning and sensibility station of the brain. You would think that religious education would help develop this sense in men, but too many men strike out in brutish and unintelligent rage,instead of using logic and sensibility when making decisions.

++ it seems 2 me u mixed up between "spirituality" and "sensitivity" -2 different things)))

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-21-06 22:19

Oh yes,I am confused ( mixed-up ) I have always thought that having a strong spiritual sense would make me more sensitive to the needs of other people. For example--I hate a liar more than a thief--because the liar steals the good thought from your mind.and the damage is mental rather than physical. I learned early that I did not want anything that I could not earn by working hard. I live by this creed even now. This is not to say that I am blameless. I have been a thief before too. But I know there are certain things a person can steal which cause much pain in the person stolen from. I believe in the golden rule of " Do to others as you would have them do to you",and this simple spiritual lesson always makes me think ( Very sensitively I might add ) about how another person would feel about being abused or victimized. As the Good Book says,if you are to follow no other rule from God--simply Love your neighbor,brother,or enemy. To "turn the cheek" does not mean letting somebody bee-otch slap you back to your mama--it means being the bigger and better person by not following hatred and intolerance with more of the same. So,when I am stomping the dog-smack out of the abuser,I am also saying to him, " I am so sorry it turned out this way",because I am sensitive,and also because I believe it is " More blessed to give than to receive" I think also that some men--for example John Muir-the famous American naturalist,were very spiritual when the object of their passions were nature--and not people. You can love trees,rivers,pretty rocks,and toads because you are sensitive--even empathic to another living thing. A true spiritualist does not see in himself an island forbidden to all other people-he sees himself as just one small part in the grand design of all life. One microcosmic grain of wheat in a universe of wheat fields.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-21-06 22:22

I have been watching and waiting to return to this site,and I am glad to see another thinker here,Ann.

Reply To This Message

Date:   09-19-06 16:39

I understand the statement a little better now after comming back from Russia and Tashkent!

Reply To This Message

Date:   10-15-06 08:34

Tony Harper wrote:

I understand the statement a little better now after comming
back from Russia and Tashkent!

How impression from Tashkent?

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.