New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Any Great Stories?

Author: David  (---.kc.rr.com)
Date:   05-05-04 04:09

Hello, I think this is my first post on this forum. I have enjoyed reading everyone's comments.

Has anyone here met someone and become engaged or married? I would like to hear your story if so.

I have met some nice women, but no match yet. I have also met many of the scammers that I have read so much about. They seem to find me without any problems! Only one has fooled me so far.

Thanks for your comments.

David

Reply To This Message

Re: Any Great Stories?

Author: David  (---.sea1-4-5-063-172.sea1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date:   05-06-04 02:19

If you are sure they are scammers, why dont you send me their IDs, maybe they are the same ones that have contacted me.

Reply To This Message

Author: Dennis  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   05-24-04 15:20

David,

There are many successes but few success stories, relatively speaking, because once someone is fortunate enough to find their "Second Half", they usually drop from these singles sites. They have their work cut out for them trying to work out all the "red tape" issues and of course, the romance!!

My suggestion to you is to get all the preparations set up to go over there first (at least the preliminary ones, like knowing when you will get time off from work), then start contacting women from that area and make plans to meet 3 or 4....or....go on one of those group tours and write women also so that you have back-up plans. Of course, never send money and always have your "spider senses" on for scammers. I'm not really sold on those group introduction tours/socials, but at least they will get you there and you will have male comradery. Most of those groups also have local offices and databases or books of available girls that you can use to set up some one-on-one meetings while you are there (you can set up the individual "dates" before you go). I don't think long, drawn-out email correspondences are very successful - the women get so many emails, and so many people, men and women, do stop writing after a while. I am sure there are many women who would rather get one real, live guy to visit than 100 email professions of love.

I think writing about 2 or 3 months before a planned visit is good timing - long enough to send 5 to 10 emails back and forth and some phone calls, but not so long that she might find someone else in the meantime. One thing I think about in this whole process is the dating I have done locally here in the USA that was started with the internet. I have gone on many "dates" here after a few emails and phone conversations which turned out badly. I have realized that you can only really know someone when you meet them in person. No photos, descriptive emails, long phone calls compare to the first few minutes of a live date.

Reply To This Message

Author: Brian  (---.w80-9.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date:   07-13-04 03:22

i think thats true dennis

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   07-13-04 04:47

Really, 5 minutes of the real meeting = long contact on e-mail and telephone.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.