New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 SMS?

Author: David  (---.kc.rr.com)
Date:   05-08-04 00:03

Hello,

A woman from Russia sent me her mobile number and asked me to use SMS to send messages. I have never done this before. I found a web site that allows free SMS messages to be sent. I am hesitant to use the service because I don't want to cause her to start receiving ads or something.

Any advice?

Thank you,
David

Reply To This Message

Re: SMS?

Author: tann  (---.77.quantum.ru)
Date:   05-08-04 02:47

Start to use it of course, if she asked herself :)
And you can make a short phone call one day, great possibility. But be careful, don't not make your lady angry - foreign receiving calls can be bloody expensive for her.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-08-04 03:15

Thank you for the reply Tann. It is kind of odd that she gave me two of her numbers after only corresponding a couple of times via e-mail. I didn't ask for them.

I'm not really sure what the purpose of sending messages via SMS is. It seems like I could get a lot more information to her via e-mail.

Thanks,
David

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-08-04 09:28

A good sign I think :) What's the sense of sending flowers? The same is a SMS thing - attention and a nice feeling of closer contact. Does it seem to be a useless thing to you, Dave? ;)

Hard to understand you, men. You are getting suspicious when a girl doesn't give you her address and even more suspicious when she give you all mobile numbers! :) She just wanted you to trust her, that she is a real one. I think so. I'd do the same.

C'mon, dial the number, I will keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

Reply To This Message

Author: David  (---.sea1-4-5-063-172.sea1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date:   05-08-04 10:32

It doesn't hurt to check it out, D. But only time and some form of correspondence will confirm or deny your suspitions I'm afraid. Eventually your going to have to go over there. It is the only way.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.233.belpak.by)
Date:   05-08-04 14:27

<You are getting suspicious when a girl doesn't give you her address and even more suspicious when she give you all mobile numbers! :) She just wanted you to trust her, that she is a real one. I think so>

Bravo Tanya ! When she sends him her picture - he thinks : aha. she is scammer.
If she doesn't send him pictures - he thinks : aha, these e-mails were written not by her, but by someone else.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-04 02:59

What he thinks depends on how hot pictures she will send ;)

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-04 06:56

Hello,

I'm not suspicious of her, I just thought that it was odd that she volunteered her phone numbers.

I still haven't figured out how to SMS her. ICQ has an SMS service and it appeared to work, but I'm not yet sure if she actually received the message.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marina  (---.194.158.208.210.belpak.by)
Date:   05-09-04 14:41

Tanya ,

If she is hot on picture, he thinks : aha, she looks very well, that's means she is a scammer...
If she is icy on pictures, he thinks: aha, she looks like a piece of ice, I don't need such a queen, I have a lot of such icy girls here.

I wrote a man, in seven days after the beginning of correspondence he sent me his picture when he stands naked, wearing only shorts.
I was shocked and thought: aha, he is a scammer.

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.quantum.ru)
Date:   05-10-04 04:23

Marina, I wouldn't say you sounded so innocent in your jokes. So quite surprised to hear about your shock ;)

Reply To This Message

Author: Ultra  (---.go-online.ru)
Date:   05-10-04 07:36

" I still haven't figured out how to SMS her. ICQ has an SMS service and it appeared to work, but I'm not yet sure if she actually received the message."

Well, just write her and ask if she received it or not. BTW, do you have a cellular phone? If yes, why don’t you send messages right from your phone. I am sure there must be such an option. You can also try the following site - ipipi.com. However it is not free (maybe 10 cents per message), but on the other hand you will know for sure that the message is delivered.
And it is wonderful that she ahs given you her phone numbers – it means that she wants to be in touch as often as possible. Good luck to you!

Reply To This Message

Author: Jeff Stevens  (---.253.240.220.dsl.comindico.com.au)
Date:   05-14-04 18:46

Hey it is very easy to send an sms directly from your phone to anywhere in the world and definatly to Russsia , if you have a mobile and she has a mobile put her number in to your phone as +79######### and SMS her and she will SMS you back as it only costs what it costs me to SMS someone from my own country and the same for her and hey she will enjoy recieving a short message each day and so will you and also im sure she will keep emailing you
Regards Jeff

Reply To This Message

Author: Matthew  (---.the-beach.net)
Date:   08-13-04 19:29

hi -so for ukraine sms its 380+area code and number yes??
thanks, a girl just asked me to do it and i have never done it. also does anybody know about these sim cards--i am traveling to ukraine in the end of sept and i have a new motorola phone V600 from cingular. I found the unlock code in the manual and managed to unlock it :) so i guess now it will work yes--or does anyone think maybe it will not work now???
thanks matthew

Reply To This Message

Author: Brian  (---.w193-250.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date:   08-15-04 08:40

i have a problem with sms i can send sms to the ukraine but when they try to send sms back to me the sms does not work can any body help or no why ???

Reply To This Message

Author: Anna  (---.dialup.vmb-service.ru)
Date:   08-16-04 13:48

doesnt work what?
this sms is empty?

Reply To This Message

Author: Yulia  (---.209.sitel.com.ua)
Date:   08-17-04 13:44

As far as I know sending sms to the abonents inside Ukraine and abroad is the same easy and comparatively cheap (unlike phone talks). Normally there should not be any problem to send short message to another country.

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-17-04 23:32

Brian, check with your service provider and see if it is activated and also it can be locked on your phone but thats rare. If you have a newer model phone it should work--make sure you dial like this for ukraine (or at least thats what works on mine, motorola V600). dial 011+380+phone number. Its really a cool thing and it gets ther quite fast--did i mention its cool::)) quite cheep as well--get the plan for like 3 $ a month for 100 messages.
good luck---some even have animation thats 3-d
Matthew

Reply To This Message

Author: Brian  (---.w193-248.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date:   08-26-04 13:46

i can send sms to there they cant send back the girl i was speaking to went to her phone shop and found out that it is blocked by orange Between these companies there is no contract about co-operation that is why i have this problem i suppose thats life !!!!!!!!!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Brian  (---.w193-248.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date:   08-26-04 13:48

my phone is a sony ericsson t230

Reply To This Message

Date:   08-30-04 22:13

Brian you have to call your service provider and ask them if your account is active for that.
matthew

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   09-06-04 05:04

In Russia too no problem to send short message to another country. I and send and get sms... In the beginning message was not sent - was incorrect full number (with code country). But now all OK!

Reply To This Message

Author: Mixtli  (---.cogeco.net)
Date:   10-19-04 08:06

Did he say PMS?... ;-)

Reply To This Message

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   11-26-04 08:15

PMS - it that? He did say SMS to me.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.