New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Is there an honest and serious girl ?

Author: Kyle  (---.dsl.okcyok.swbell.net)
Date:   04-10-07 21:09

Hello Marian,
And yes it is okay if you ask. I was going to ask you a few questions( when I got up the nerve). How could I make myself more appealing to women from the FSU...and some others questions. But let me tell you about my couple of trips. (We would like to hear about other people's trip also....so come on and tell us)
I wrote to several ladies, and decided that a lady that worked in Moscow met some of my 'requirements' ( I don't like using that word) but we are looking for a special person. She didn't have children and we had values in common. I stopped writing the others and focused all my attention on "Irina". Her English was almost zero, but she was trying to learn on her own, and we would talk on the phone with help of a co-worker of hers that spoke English. She invited me to Moscow so we could meet and see if we were compatiable. She met me at the airport along with her friend that was a taxi driver. When I first saw her, she was more beautiful that her photos, and even though we could only communicate with limited English and a few German words, her voice was like music to my ears. The taxi driver helped in our communications, and she would come and fetch me at the hotel after I had a rest from my flight. We had a good time, I met some of her friends (which I thought was a plus) and for the first two days it was nice. The language barrier was tough (people do yourself a favor and hire a translator if you don't speak the language), Irina suggested I buy a translator machine, it helped a little. and made making plans easier, but Irian would never show up at my hotel when she said she would, and I spent a lot of time waiting for our meeting, I could have seen more of the sights if I was not always waiting, we did see many of the sights, and we got along quite well, she even told me she "loved me", but two days before I was to leave, things went sour. She wanted me to buy her a computer to help in our communications, and asked how much money I made. Marina, I am just a blue collar worker, I own a modest home in Oklahoma, no debts, I have a secure job...not glamorous, but respectable...I work for the United States Postal Service and raise and show English bulldogs on the side. On the day I was to leave she came to the hotel and she and the taxi driver was taking me to the airport, she made him stop on the way and she got out of the care and that is the last I saw her. The taxi driver, said that I was a "good man and nice guy" but he added some women want more than nice guys" I never did find out what that meant. She called me on the phone a couple of times after that but, we both knew that there was nothing more to the relationship. After recovering from the disappointment, I started looking again, I wrote a couple of ladies, and again I decided on one particular from Ukraine...I wrote the other ladies and explained why I would not be correspondy anylonger. "Tanya" was beautiful, not just to the eyes, but the soul that she allowed me to witness. She spoke very good English and we e-mailed, talked on the phone, text message, etc. And if we had difficulty in understanding I would phone during her English lessons and her English teacher would translate. She invited me to Ukraine and we agreed on a 10 day stay. She made hotel reservations for me and picked me up at the airport along with the teacher. It was quite late when I arrived and the banks were closed to exchange money, so they bought me dinner! Yes I was shocked, and ashamed, I was brought up that it was the man's resposibility to buy, and I know the situations. After a couple of days we warmed up to each other nicely, and she invited a friend of hers to join us in her city: her friend was writing a gentleman from Britian: and he was to visit at that time. The Brit never showed, so the three of us had a grand time for two days. And when "Tanya" had to go into to work for a few hours, I would go to the visit the English Teacher and her students......which was a blast!!! The students had never seen an American, or even talked to a native English speaker, and they were very hospitable. Tanya and I got along fabulously, we didn't need the Translator often, and spent a lot of quality time together. One night she asked me when I could come back to Ukraine, because of the Visa restrictions, it would be 90 days, she wanted me to come back A.S.A.P. and we tried to squeeze in the most in the last day. When I got back home we continued our corrispondence with all the serious disussions, Visa's , paper work, jobs qualifications (she is a dentist) Beauty and Brains, strong family values, and religious: that is sexy, and as close to perfect as I've seen. Two weeks before the end of 90 days, and I was trying to get a convieniant time to come over, she told me that she felt it was impossible for her to leave her country, and that she saw me only as a good friend, and she would remember me warmly. I found out that she is to marry a man from South Africa, not too long ago.
I realize that people don't write to just one person exclusively, I mean we don't have claim on anybody. I know that "Russian women" have different thinking that any other woman from any other country, and will tell you things to spare your feelings. But, I would rather be told the hard truth, than to find out and be hurt by a soft lie. Marina, am I doomed because I'm not a "rich man"? I am a good man with a good heart, and soul. I like to think of myself as a romantic with a realist side....or maybe a realist that is also a romantic, and both of these women's friends thouht of me as a "good man". I'm almost afraid to commit time looking for a special woman, if they look only for a wealthy man. I would like to know the "Russian woman's" thinking on this subject. And I would be curious on what your friends on the "Russian" forum have to say about this. And I wouldn't object to any introduction into that sight. I would appreciate anything you might have for me that would help.
Live and learn, and I just keep on hoping. Knowing that a healed broken heart, can love more deeply and sincerely.
Thanks again......you are a gem!
Your friend Kyle
p.s. forgive me if a ramble on.....

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Is there an honest and serious girl ?  new
CharmingTiger 03-13-07 12:10 
 Re: Is there an honest and serious girl ?  new
CharmingTiger 03-25-07 15:20 
Dale Benson 04-06-07 07:54 
Marina 04-06-07 13:05 
CharmingTiger 04-06-07 14:49 
Dale Benson 04-06-07 18:00 
CharmingTiger 04-07-07 06:26 
Marina 04-07-07 17:35 
Kyle 04-07-07 22:25 
Marina 04-08-07 19:06 
Kyle 04-08-07 21:14 
Marina 04-09-07 17:37 
Kyle 04-09-07 18:17 
Marina 04-09-07 19:38 
Kyle 04-09-07 20:07 
Marina 04-10-07 18:21 
Kyle 04-10-07 21:09 
Kyle 04-10-07 21:18 
Sveta 04-11-07 06:02 
Kyle 04-11-07 12:17 
Marina 04-11-07 21:39 
Marina 04-12-07 16:37 
Kyle 04-12-07 19:17 
Marina 04-12-07 21:35 
Kyle 04-12-07 21:53 
Marina 04-12-07 22:03 
Liliya 04-13-07 00:41 
TatyanaCh 04-16-07 14:05 
Kyle 04-16-07 15:30 
Julia 04-26-07 17:55 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.