New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 How easy is it for women from Ukraine/Russia to obtain Visas

Author: Vince  (81.0.25.---)
Date:   09-02-04 05:28

Hi there all

I thought I would ask this question for a number of reasons. Fristly the Spanish government are about to announce an amnesty of illegal immigrants (of which there are many from Ukraine and Russia) and give them temporary work permits in order to stop the exploitation of illegal workers.

Secondly because when Iw as in Ukraine in May I thought it was almost impossible for a Ukrainian girl (and I assume Russian too) to get a Visa to anywhere in Europe - so I was wondering how all these girls got out of Ukraine in the ifrst place if it is so difficult to get a tourist visa.

Thirdly - when a girl has children does this add even more complications to the process. In the UK (where i am from originally) if someone wants to take a child abroad they have to request permission from the other parent. If I was that other parent I would not want my ex wife to take my child abroad - otherwise how would he ever know me and how would I keep in touch with him or her.

So in this instance what do girls need to do before they can get a visa
How easy is it for them to obtain one and what do you need ot do (I am talking now about to Europe not America)

Thanks in advance

Vince

Reply To This Message

Re: How easy is it for women from Ukraine/Russia to obtain Visas

Author: David  (---.hixgray.com)
Date:   09-02-04 16:37

Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask the same questions as Vince. I have had a significant increase recently in the number of Russian/Ukrainian women from this website who initiate contact with me and then start talking about visiting the USA to see me. I had thought that visitors visas were all but impossible to obtain, but before I report these women as scammers I would like to make sure. One woman even went so far as to call me a liar, that in fact she had obtained a visa to visit the USA last year. Does it make any difference if the lady applying for a visa has family living here already?

I also am interested in Vince's question about the additional complication of bringing a Russian/Ukrainian child into the US if the woman who I wish to marry with has a child. Does this make the process of abtaining the necessary visas significantly more difficult?

Thanks to everyone for their input.

David

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.slsp.cox-internet.com)
Date:   09-02-04 20:00

HI ,
I don't believe it makes it more difficult to bring a lady with a child to the US or Europe. It might take more time and she will need to have permission from the childs father. The reason I know is because I had a good nice lady that gave me good communications until we got a little serious. Then she just clammed up and said there were problems. Well I did guess that it was because the father said no way. And then later she confessed that was the problem and became happy again. However later during our communications she a friend and they hit it off again. She decided to be with him which was immediate relations and probably good for her.
It does raise lots of questions though because I have had several say that they can get a visa also. And they actually were upset when I questioned it. So can't help you there.

Reply To This Message

Author: Vince  (81.0.8.---)
Date:   09-16-04 09:57

Hi James

I think it is exactly because she needs to get permission from the childs father that makes it more diffciult - just an opinion of course but if my ex wife had have asked permission for my son to be taken abroad I would have flatly refused. Not because I dont wish to see her happy with someone else, but because I too have rights to be part of my childs life.

I would find it difficult to believe anyone can just blythely let their child move abroad with little or no hope of ever seeing them again (I at least had the freedom to travel to another country to see my child but Men in Ukr and Rus arent so lucky)

However my question also really related to getting a visa in the first place.

I have friends locally from Ukraine and she is here illegally, although hoping to take part in the Spanish govt amnesty. I was just curious as to how difficult it was for a Ukranian girl to get a visa. Not for marriage per se, but to visit Spain. If

I meet someone in Ukraine and visit a couple of times I would at least want her to visit Spain before we decided to go ahead with anything. So a 2 or 3 week visit would be perfect - we could get to know each other in amiable surroundings, she could then get to know the place to see if she could live here, and we get the chance to do some courting - like you would if you met someone locally.

It seems to me that without this period you are making a huge decision that affects two peoples (or more) lives and it could go very wrong because you dont actually know someone that well after 2 one week visits to Ukraine or Russia.

This is not to say that you would much better after 2 or 3 weeks but you at least have the chance to know if she will be happy in your country. And I know most women state (quite emphatically sometimes) that it is not the place that matters but the man - but I believe the place has a lot to do with it. You have to be happy in your surroundings as well as with each other.

So my question (after all that) is how easy is it for girls to get a visa for visiting as a tourist, business or guest and how does she go about it.

Look forward to your response and feedback

Vince

Reply To This Message

Author: Nadya  (---.ukrlink.net.ua)
Date:   10-17-04 04:54

I hadn't problems with gettings of tourist visas for me and for my daughter( 12 year old). But I know people who has this problems. I think it is different in every case. No so a long time I have got British visa without intervue.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.