New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Russian food, delicious,but....

Author: John T Owens  (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date:   01-29-04 09:12

Can some of you nice Russian girls tell us about their favorite Russian dishes, which I love even if they give me heartburn sometimes? I am interested in culinary arts and know that almost all Russian women are good cooks. Does every Russian dish start with garlic, onions and smetana?
Here in Boston we have the Cafe St.Petersburg where the golubtsi (stuffed cabbage) and the piano music is delicious, especially "Lara's Theme" from the English/American film "Dr.Zhivago". Has everyone in Russia seen it? Maybe, like me, about ten times?
I must say though that I'm not used to drinking vodka with my meal, although the version with garlic and pepper, s chesnokom ee peretsom, is great!
Maybe you can tell us some of your favorite dishes? Udachi, good luck.

Reply To This Message

Re: Russian food, delicious,but....

Author: Irina  (62.183.50.---)
Date:   01-29-04 10:35

Prepare the meat mincemeat.Meat can be any. Meat to grind, having added LITTLE garlics and pommel. Then add the salt and pepper - on taste. And add water that mincemeat was juicy. It is Necessary to take the large potatoes, advisable one size, clear. Little cut adown that potatoes could stand. And little cut overhand - will be a lid. Choose the medium - do like cask. "Cask" fill mincemeat, cover the lid, put in deep pan. Add in pan cream butter, flood on 1/3 heights of the potatoes by water, cover the lid and put on fire. When water simmers, reduce the fire and braise minutes 20-25.
I this dish much likes. But this dish not russian, but caucasian kitchen.
John, if you not understand, write. I try write on russian and you translate.
I not know, correct i write on english.
The Pleasing appetite!

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-29-04 10:55

Dear Irina,
Thank you for the recipe. Your English is better than my Russian would be.
If I understand correctly, you said:
Take any kind of meat, add a LITTLE ground garlic, then cut the bottom of a big potato so it sits flat, and make a cap in top and scoop out some of the inside to hold the meat,fill it up and put the cap on and put in cream to braise,etc. Sounds good and easy. I might use pork which is fatty and not apt to dry out as much, and maybe mix a little cream with it, too. Can I put it in the oven to brown a little?
Preeyatnova appeteeta!

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-04 01:55

Thank you for compliment my english, dear John.
Yes, you understand correctly. Pork the most ingenious choice. Only need use not cream, but butter from cream (??????? ????????? ?????).
You can put it in roasting closet. But already not add water. And do not forget to salt potatoes. In roasting closet prepare before golden crust (?? ?????????? ???????).
????????? ????????! Traslate: The Pleasing appetite!

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-04 07:16

One more recipe. The Dessert.
The dried apricots and/or prune stuff kernel of walnut. Pack in deep salad bowl. The Sour cream or cream whipping with sugar. Flood the fruits with nut and put in refrigerator. Not to mix! Possible give in 4 hours.
Possible kernel nut not to insert in prune and apricots. The Fruits to cut on 3-4 parts, kernel nut - on 8 parts.The salad is got. Leading-in same - a sour cream or cream, ??????? with sugar.
Possible use only dried apricots, only prune or apricots + prune.

Repeat in russian. Maybe something wrong translated.
??????? ???????? ?/??? ????????? ???????? ?????? ??????? ??????. ??????? ? ???????? ?????????. ??????? ??? ?????? ?????? ? ???????. ?????? ???? ?????? ? ???????. ????????? ? ???????????. ????? ???????? ????? 4 ????. ????? ??????? ?????. ???????? ? ????????? ????????? ?? 3-4 ?????, ???? ?????? - ?? 8. ??????? ?? ?? - ??????? ??? ??????, ??????? ? ???????. ????? ???????????? ?????? ??????? ????????, ?????? ????????? ??? ???????? + ?????????.

????????? ????????! Traslate: The Pleasing appetite!

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-30-04 08:47

Dear Irina,
When we say "butter" we mean made from the cream of cow's milk. But you say "cow cream's butter". Is butter made from the milk of other animals, like sheep or goats or reindeer?
Your prunes and apricots stuffed with walnuts sounds delicious. Should I steam the fruits a little after stuffing? It might soften them a little.
Also, I will add a little cognac to the whipped cream and decorate with walnut halves. Like food for the tsar, but the tsars were never fat like I'm going to be after eating this many calories.

Reply To This Message

Date:   02-02-04 03:11

Dear John!
I write "cow cream's butter". so butter can be vegetable - sunflower, olive, corn (mais).
The Prune and apricots to their soften possible to flood the boiling water. I give base. But more - that prompt your fantasy.

Reply To This Message

Author: Victoria  (---.kzn.ru)
Date:   02-03-04 03:26

Dear John!
I have very many perfect, tasty Russian dishes. Only I in confusion, what exactly to send to you. There can be a recipe of salad, second dish? You write. After your answer, I at once shall send you the answer. Perfect to you of day. Vika.

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.quantum.ru)
Date:   02-03-04 15:37

Yeah, send them with UPS - they're still gonna be fresh! John will be happy :))

Reply To This Message

Author: Julia  (---.enkorairline.ru)
Date:   03-18-04 22:34

What about Russian borsch? Have you tasted it? Especially with smetana. Can you say that it's not tasty? tann wrote:

Reply To This Message

Author: John T Owens  (195.8.12.---)
Date:   03-30-04 07:23

Has some nice Russian girl/baker heard of a dark bread called "chyorek". I like to bake and I want to make it for Easter, as someone told me it is an Easter bread. "Chyor-" sounds like something black, no? But I have no recipe.

And Julia, borscht is a favorite of mine, with plenty of sour cream and horseradish, s khrenom.Good luck to your little beauty!

Reply To This Message

Author: David  (---.orby.sth.bostream.se)
Date:   03-30-04 08:24

mmmm .... borscht ..... yum! My flatmates cousin and his ukrainian girlfriend are staying with us at the moment and she cooked it last night. Takes me back to being a teenager! My very first girlfriend back in australia was part russian and her grandmother used to make it all the time. Other "starnge" flavours are the pork dumplings. I visited Sankt Petersburg last November and it was such a flashback of smells and tastes!

/david

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-30-04 13:40

Aha, I got the lenght of your foot, guys! Now I understand your great interest to Ukrainians :)
I remember a story when we tried to fill parents of my friend with borscht. They didn't take such a risk because it looked to suspiciously red for them :)

Reply To This Message

Author: David  (---.orby.sth.bostream.se)
Date:   03-30-04 13:59

the length of our feet? hahahahha that's an interesting saying! :-)

Reply To This Message

Date:   03-30-04 14:29

Yes, all 4 of you :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-22-04 00:12

But shish kebab? from young piglet... There is much ways of the preparation of the pickle: and vinigar, beside lemon juice, and ketchup... But most main - to was a good company!

Reply To This Message

Author: David  (---.sea1-4-5-063-172.sea1.dsl-verizon.net)
Date:   04-22-04 00:45

This is unbelievable. Do you realize how much traffic , this thread on food has generated in such a short time? ........... well, I'd just like to say that I think garlic laced dishes and vodka go well together.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.