New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 is there such thing as a travel group ??

Author: James  (---.atlsfl.adelphia.net)
Date:   04-23-04 15:13

I have met this wonderful woman and things have gone very well so far, until we talked about her coming to see me in Florida, she has mentioned a travel group that she can pay $1100.00 and come to see me alot more quickly than buying an airline ticket and trying to get the required paperwork wich she says is almost impossible !! I don't know if it is a scam, I want to believe her but what do I do now ??? please help before I lose $1100.00

Reply To This Message

Re: is there such thing as a travel group ??

Author: David  (207.191.121.---)
Date:   04-23-04 15:39

James. I would encourage you to read the entire threads available in this forum regarding scamming. I strongly believe you are about to be victimized by one. I had to learn the hard way, as have most of the readers of this thread who have gone before you. Where is this lady from? If from Russia/Ukraine or any other country of the former Soviet Union, there is a 99% certainty that this is a scam. I have corresponded with dozens of women on this site. The legitimate ones ( at least from the FSU) all take the samre approach--it is best for we guys to go THERE for the first meeting. It is next to impossible for an FSU woman to obtain a visitor's visa or school visa to come to the USA--only work visas and fiance visas are obtainable.

I am planning a trip to various countries of the FSU in several weeks. I am excited about this, and it is after losing a total of nearly $2,000 learning about these scams the hard way. These scammers are EXTRAORDINARILY intelligent and emotionally advanced--they know just what to say to put your head in the clouds--until you part with your money.

I'm sure I'm not the only reader who would be curious of this lady's idnetity, and to see if she appears on the various blacklist sites.

Please feel free to write me if you would like to chat further. David

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-23-04 15:54

Thanks David, I am a person that lookhs for the best in people and maybe just want this girl to be good, not a scam, but I don't want to be " gun shy " everytime money is brought up in a conversation - I believe that the economy in fsu is difficult and as a "understanding and caring man" I want to believe that this girl is real , I'm sure that there are probably one million other men that hope the same thing every day !!!to say that 99% of russian women are scammers, I wonder if because of your experience you are angry- or gun-shy. how can this web site survive, or any fsu web site stay alive if we already have predetermined that the woman that we are talking to is a fraud - I am all ears when it comes to learning more info !!! I would like a lovely woman and a great relationship, not an empty heart and wallet !!!

Reply To This Message

Author: David  (207.191.121.---)
Date:   04-23-04 16:35

James,

I didn't say that 99% OF ALL RUSSIAN WOMEN are scammers--I said that 99% of all RUSSIAN WOMEN WHO ASK YOU FOR MONEY for this kind of "travel expense" are scammers. Please understand there is a HUGE difference in these two statements. I have made many good friends on this website, and other websites, and I truly believe that the majority of Russian women are honest and legitimate. But there are several who will ask you for money--and 99% of those are scammers.

I would encourage you in the strongest possible terms not to part with that kind of money--odds are 99% that this "lady" will never set foot on American soil.

I am actively corresponding with several great, responsible, intellugent and beautiful ladies from the FSU. Some of these ladies I will see when I visit. But I can guarantee you that there are a few I will not see--all four women I have given money to. They will not be anywhere to be found--they got my money and then stopped corresponding---all but one, and the jury is still out as to whether or not she is legit. I'll keep you posted.

Reply To This Message

Date:   04-23-04 16:46

Thank you David for your words of wisdom, I will listen to your advice and be safe, I hope I will find a good honest woman eventually. please keep me posted, I apprciate the chat and look for more good info in the future- good luck !!!

Reply To This Message

Author: Varun  (---.146.202.68.cfl.rr.com)
Date:   04-24-04 14:59

Hi James,

The bottom line is to keep a level head and don't let your desire overpower your logical reasoning. Like David said it is impossible for a female from FSU to get a Visa to USA like that. And there is no reason to ever send money before you meet someone in person. If they are too poor to correspond on the internet then they should find something else to do with ther time, otherwise she wouldn't make a very intelligent wife. It is also my understanding that it is looked down upon for a girl to ask for money from a man as such.

There was a really nice young girl I corresponded with in Ukraine for many months. Her mother had to have heart surgery and her family had to sell their apartment and move into a much smaller place just to be able to pay what would equate to a couple of thousand here in the USA. I offered to help out, but she adamantly refused, even though for many weeks her family and friends had no idea how they would pay for it, and it was a matter of life and death.

Since there are so many scams out there you should simply verify that it is a real person if you really feel that you want to send money. You can read my post "how to avoid scammers" that I just put up for more info. However I would suggest if someone is asking you for money that you have never met move along. Good luck guys, and be careful too David. I saw a special on TV where a guy gave a large sum of money to a girl in FSU in person, and then he never heard from her again either.

Varun

Reply To This Message

Author: Dennis  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   05-24-04 10:32

James,

I will go further tthan David and say there is a 100% possibility that you are being scammed. There is no way that there is a travel group and $1,100 will cover her expenses and it will be easier for her to visit you in this way. THIS IS DEFINITELY A SCAM!! I guarantee it! If you need further help with this, please feel free to contact me at whtknt77@yahoo.com

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.