New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: is there such thing as a travel group ??

Author: Varun  (---.146.202.68.cfl.rr.com)
Date:   04-24-04 14:59

Hi James,

The bottom line is to keep a level head and don't let your desire overpower your logical reasoning. Like David said it is impossible for a female from FSU to get a Visa to USA like that. And there is no reason to ever send money before you meet someone in person. If they are too poor to correspond on the internet then they should find something else to do with ther time, otherwise she wouldn't make a very intelligent wife. It is also my understanding that it is looked down upon for a girl to ask for money from a man as such.

There was a really nice young girl I corresponded with in Ukraine for many months. Her mother had to have heart surgery and her family had to sell their apartment and move into a much smaller place just to be able to pay what would equate to a couple of thousand here in the USA. I offered to help out, but she adamantly refused, even though for many weeks her family and friends had no idea how they would pay for it, and it was a matter of life and death.

Since there are so many scams out there you should simply verify that it is a real person if you really feel that you want to send money. You can read my post "how to avoid scammers" that I just put up for more info. However I would suggest if someone is asking you for money that you have never met move along. Good luck guys, and be careful too David. I saw a special on TV where a guy gave a large sum of money to a girl in FSU in person, and then he never heard from her again either.

Varun

Reply To This Message  |  Flat View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 is there such thing as a travel group ??  
James 04-23-04 15:13 
David 04-23-04 15:39 
James 04-23-04 15:54 
David 04-23-04 16:35 
James 04-23-04 16:46 
Varun 04-24-04 14:59 
Dennis 05-24-04 10:32 

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search 
 Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.