New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 A little advice please?

Author: jackpinejames  (---.fdl.wi.charter.com)
Date:   01-08-05 09:45

Okay ladies and gentlemen. Is there a number of ladies that I should be communicating with? I have a few I am sure I would like to meet, a few I am still not sure of, and the same I am not sure of.
I've read the articles and stories on no-shows, cold feet and such, but I don't want to be stranded in Moscow with a full arm of luggage and a broken heart.
Is an agency needed? Do I need a letter of invitation? Where is the best place to apply for a visa? I want to prepare in advance.
Currently awaiting my passport and I've checked into flights and prices and all. What's next? Any advice and process or procedures is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
James

Reply To This Message

Re: A little advice please?

Author: Mike  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   01-08-05 11:28

James

First... Don't go to Moscow just to meet women. That is just an extra (your eyes will pop out of your head)... Go there see the culture and enjoy your time in a new country. Might want to work on a few words maybe for directions, food, and numbers for money.

Second... you will have to do a lot of stuff in advance... you must have your passport to start... book your hotel, get an invatation, your tickets and then you can apply for your visa. It can take a month to get everything settled out.

Third... this is important.. read up on the city.. where to go what to see where to avoid and how to keep from being put in a bad situation.

That is all I can do for you. Have a good time, seeing Russia is a life changing experience for some people. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Mike

Reply To This Message

Author: Liliya  (195.158.19.---)
Date:   01-08-05 11:37

Dear James, I think it is could be correct if you will look on this site www.russianembassy.org .... here you can found all information about how you can to get a visa.....

best regards, Liliya

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-08-05 22:22

Thank you both for your help. At least it gives me a place to start. There is little info available to get the ball rolling, and I hope this can help others in my situation as well.
James

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   01-09-05 22:07

I also would like to add to make sure that if you are going to meet ladies, that it is always possible to get to a place and not be able to find the person that you are corresponding with or supposed to meet because it is easy to have mixups . For that reason, I would suggest to study the cities where you will be visiting and come up with some agencies from the internet. You can get on the computers at internet cafe, but it is better to do your home work before going. The workers at the various cities with the marriage agencies usually are invaluable. And like the (other) James suggested :) , enjoy the culture and what better way than with a wonderful lady introducing you to it.

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-11-05 04:07

Hello again, and thank you for the positive feedback. I have so many questions, it is hard to think one at a time.
Liliyas' suggestion on the Embassy was excellent. So much more background on the culture and lifestyle. I find the Russian culture very interesting and mysterious.
What is the food like? I see alot of comments on how good it is. Is there something compatible to compare to? Also, is it adviseable to meet ladies in Moscow, or go to the cities in which they live first?
I appreciate everyones patience. I feel like an innocent child inside just thinking of my journey there. Would an agency meet me at the airport? Is there a good place on the interent to learn more on the language? My searching thusfar has only lead me to sites that are for people who are already familiar with the language. I need level one (1).
Thank you.

Reply To This Message

Author: Liliya  (195.158.6.---)
Date:   01-11-05 07:42

Hello James... I want to tell you, if you have any question perhaps I can help to you ..... so better write on e-mail.... best regards Liliya

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.77.quantum.ru)
Date:   01-11-05 09:54

Give it up, James. It's not possible to learn Russian, it comes only with mother milk :)

Learn the most important words and rely on body gestures as an assistant. You will be surprised how much one can understand if accompaning your speech with gestures.

Reply To This Message

Author: Timothy  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   01-11-05 16:50

James,

I strongly urge you to work through an agency for your first trip.

You are obviously overwhelmed and confused by the whole process, and in your own words "I feel like an innocent child"; agencies are an extra expense, but are well worth it for your own feeling of security and easing some of the stress from what should be a wonderful experience.

Once you have been there and have the experience with how everything works, you can easily decide to plan and travel on your own or continue with an agency for convenience and selection.

I can give more advice, but I need to know one thing:
Are you willing/able to make several trips to the FSU, or would it be better to make only two or three trips?

Nevertheless, If you plan on getting the Visa and making travel arrangements yourself, you might want to check out www.gotorussia.com

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-11-05 21:37

I thank you all again so much. It at least helps give me a direction to go. I'm trying to focus one step at a time to keep from getting too anxious. I'm not even sure how many trips I will make, but I guess it'll be 3 plus. Appreciate that note Tim. And about the language Tann, it can't be too bad, eh.
Thanks again,
James

Reply To This Message

Author: James  (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   01-12-05 06:48

I would make a suggestion that for your first trip that you go with an agency for a 1 or 2 weeks socials. You will be with about 40 guys that are familiar with English and you will be overwhelmed by the number of ladies that come to socialize. That way you don't have to wonder about whether this girl or that girl is real or is a scammer as so many on here raise that question. There are many intrepreters and language is minor problem. Believe me , they are very real at the socials and you will have the time of your life and many guys will find that right girl. Good Luck, dude.

Reply To This Message

Author: Marcus  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   01-12-05 18:33

Yup, James is right. If this is your first time don't do it alone. That itch to save a few bucks is not worth all the trouble you might get into. There's a ton of agencies out there.

Reply To This Message

Author: tann  (---.quantum.ru)
Date:   01-13-05 11:06

I can imagine - 40 guys in a marriage trip arrived to choose a girl. Looks like an oddish shop for me :)) Would never deal with such things, neither from a woman`s side nor from a man`s one. Although I agree that for some people it could be a good decison. Why not :)

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-13-05 18:18

I would deffinately agree with Tann, 40 is a little too much. I have had enough of crowds and gathering of this when I was younger. I think I would prefer the solo route. But it sounds like the Agency is a much needed thing for a first trip.
I thank everyone again for the input, and hope this can help other rookies find their way. It is a daunting task, and I am sure a wonderful adventure for me.

Reply To This Message

Author: Timothy  (---.client.comcast.net)
Date:   01-13-05 20:39

Go with an agency for in country arrangements (such as apartment, interpreters, ladies catalogs, ect.), but I personally believe socials to be a large waste of time and in many cases disrespectful for many of the ladies.

I would further suggest that you take the time to correspond with a few ladies and hopefully find one or two that you really like and want to visit.

I think the visit would have a better chance of success if you are going to meet one (or perhaps two) specific women that you already like and have found common interests with. Unless you can spend a lot of time in country or make several trips over a year or two, going with the goal of meeting someone there will be very difficult to achieve.

But most importantly, don't be in a hurry; this isn't a race to see who can get married first. Take your time and find someone that you know in your heart is right for you and then go full throttle to make her yours.

Yes, it might seem like a daunting task at times, but you need to look at your time as an investment. The most valuable investment you will ever make! Once the payoff comes, and you hold her in your arms and know she is the one...

then you will know it was all worth it :)

good luck

Reply To This Message

Date:   01-19-05 22:29

Timothy;
Thanks for the common sense advice. I think it's the best so far. As I said earlier, I hope this may help others. Guess I better get cracking on the paperwork first. Will be in touch and thanks again to everyone.
James

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.