New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 K1 Visas! Is our government helping us or stopping us?

Author: Sam  (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date:   05-08-06 18:04

Although I have traveled to Russia many times and even lived there almost all last year & some of the year before, I am now applying for the first time for a fiancé visa for a lady I know. What I am being told in the process contradicts most of what I had heard from friends who have done so in the past few years. I thought it may be worthwhile to post my findings and see if it coincides with what others have been told or know from recent attempts at K1.

First are the new laws congress has enacted as of January of this year; it seems our government, which so far has been unable to stop the flow of millions of illegal aliens from crossing our borders in the south, has been very effective in dashing already small hopes for educated women of the FSU who want to come here at the invitation of citizens who want to marry them! These new laws are as follows:

Only one K1 Visa may be issued per two years: if you invite someone with whom you do not end up getting married or who decides not to come after visa is granted, you will have to wait two more years before you can apply for someone else!

The fiancé must indicate how she met you; there needs to be documentation as to how you acquired her contact info. If the initial contact was facilitated by a web-site mostly dedicated to introductions or dating or if by a marriage agency, then the fiancé must show that the web site or agency first performed a background check to verify that you the American client had no past convictions, abuses, restraining orders, or reports of sexual abuse prior to the release of her contact info to you. Although I applaud the new law and see it as a good safeguard, the fact remains if she cannot prove such background information was given to her PRIOR to the release of her contact info to you, then visa can be denied!! So in essence, a good law is being enforced in such a way as to create a technicality to refuse visas, because even if you have no criminal record and can prove it after the initial contact, the fact that it was not proven prior to contacing her as reason to deny the application.

Lastly, as before there needs to be proof that the invitation was made by an American who can support the lady; except she now must have a copy of your last income tax return when she appears for the interview. A lawyer is telling me that I will have a problem in this regard: I spent most of last year in Russia because I was able to forego having an income last year. My tax return for last year shows virtually no income because I have had cash deposits for a few years and I was able use some of my savings while I looked into prospects of business in Russia. I am being told there may be problems because the government does not care about my cash deposits or non-liquid assets; they simply want to see steady income because only then can they be convinced I have the means to support someone else!! I don’t know if this is my lawyer’s way of trying to make my case seem more complicated to get more money, but I like to hear otherwise from those of you who may know differently.

There are a number of other requirements, including the one for her to show she has a clean police record. The girl I know does not even know how to begin and go about getting a background check on herself. All this speaks to me of needing to hire a good lawyer with connections in Russia who can actually guide her, and all I have found are two-bit lawyers tied to marriage agencies who require about $2,000 to file and walk us through what they promise to be a process harder than it ever was before. Again, this could be the lawyer digging in; but then there are new laws and things may in fact be much harder.

Needless to say, on the heels of the demonstrations last week of hundreds of thousands of people asking for softer treatment of illegal aliens who sneaked into this country, I am amazed to see the formidable array of impediments put into place to prevent educated, serious-minded women from coming here at our invitation with the hope to start a family. I like to hear from those of you Americans who may have had recent dealings with the K1 issue. I look forward to your emails and posts.

Reply To This Message

Re: K1 Visas! Is our government helping us or stopping us?

Author: John  (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date:   05-08-06 20:24

Sam,
It might actually be easier to bring her on a work visa, and then marry her. I have checked into this with my attorney and found much the same as you did. The law was enacted to, purportedly, prevent some forms of "slavery" and importation of "scam" artists. Of course like most of the laws passed lately, it has quite a few un-intended? (OK, I am rapidly becoming a cynic with our current Congress) side effects.
So check into a work visa, require language proficiency in the language the lady is native in, any other special skill she may have, publish the 30-90 day job posting (different requirements for different jurisdictions) and that should work. You will still have to work with a local judge on marrying her, but you can get her a green card relatively simply. You will also have to show an ability to support, etc...the job postiion, but given your cash balance situation you should be all right.
I have already laid the ground work for myself, creating the position, and using headhunters (I think you can use Craig's list also, just keep records on the job posting) to attempt to fill it...of course it won't fill until I say it will (smile).
I don't know your attorney, mine is with Winstead Sichist and Minnick. Good luck, you are just going to have to apply some ingenuity!

Reply To This Message

Author: Blaine  (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date:   05-08-06 21:12

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/ This is absolutely the best link I have found for information to apply for one of the 14 different visas available. You have H-1B,H-2B,and the H-3 trainee work visa. Also the L-1 intracompany visa and the R-1 religious visa--among others. As John has noted above,and in my own not always so humble opinion,these are really the best variants,with the emphasis on training for your lady immigrant,rather then working. As I am sure you know,she will be required to spend a minimal amount of time learning english. I believe this time to be 3 hours a day-but don`t quote me on that one! This is about the same amount of time needed to qualify as a "full-time"college student-which also has it`s own benefits. You will be designated as a sponsor,and asked to show financial culpability for her. I learned all this because a woman I was crazy about found an easier way to get here then my K-1 visa,and married the man in New York. She has been here for 3 years now,and has just gotten her driver`s license,after first being given the green card. 2 more years and she can repatriate here in the US,but she does not have to,being from Ukraine.

Reply To This Message

Author: Smiling  (---.ukrlink.net.ua)
Date:   05-09-06 07:36

Sam, John, Blaine and all men here, why didn't you want to get married in the countries (Russia, Ukraine.....), where your girls live? And after to ask the American visa for your wife. How it seams to me, a wife can get such visa easier.

Reply To This Message

Author: John  (---.nyc.untd.com)
Date:   05-09-06 08:31

I can not speak for anyone else, for me it has to do with legal entanglements. At issue, as in any marriage, is property rights and inheritance recognition. I do have a child, I am not trying to restrict my future wifes rights, but rather protect my current childs and my parents inheritance rights. I will admit, I had not considered this particular approach to this problem. That would be a rather elegant solution, if it will work with no additional encumbrances. Thanks for your suggestion "Smiling" (I am sorry, I have no idea what your true name is, I do not mean to sound rude). I guess it is time for me to go employe more lawyers while I check into this. So, does anyone have any idea if there are general laws regarding matrimony for the FSU, or are each countries laws independent. I suspect, as in Intellectual Property laws, that each country is independent with respect to treaty recognition.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-06 08:32

This is called a K-3 visa ( spousal immigration) and it takes about a year for her to get to the US. I have read about people who married and had difficulties with documentation taking even longer.If a man can wait,I supposethe K-3 is one more variant. But for her to work here in the US--even if she is a pediatrician in FSU-she will still have to show oral and written knowledge of english. She will have to do this before getting the green card.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-06 08:39

Here is another link for an immigration attorney. Her name is Luba Smal. Her practice is in Omaha Nebraska.She is from Grodno,Belarus,and has been in the US for over 7 years now. She is a very intelligent woman,and I sometimes read her advice on the Go East / Ask Olga website. I just read her posting today,and she roasted a man who has been to FSU several times and has met 11 different women. It sounds like he has a committment problem. www.law-visa-usa.com

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-06 09:16

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I know for a fact that for those who get married overseas it takes much longer to get permission to come here; my best friend married a girl from the Philippines and it took them 16 months; besides I think before I make the decision to get married to her, I like to see her here for a couple of months and see how she adjusts. This lady is a successful cosmetologist with a thriving business, making several thousand dollars a month in Russia; I think she underestimates how much she is attached to her independence and her life; she says her career is not so important to her, but it is one thing for her to think so when she still me and has her own life in her country; it is something else for her to say it when she has left it behind for months.

I will explore John’s & blain’s idea of a work-related visa and see if I find encouragement in that direction. Again, Thanks everyone!

Reply To This Message

Author: Lorentz  (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date:   05-09-06 10:35

Sam, as always, excellent post. – It appears also that you got some excellent replies. Their general point being the correct and truly only positive response, which is, don’t fight City hall and learn the ins and outs of how to make the system work in your favor.

Your post however asks the question – is “our” government helping us ,…OR,…????
Plus you make the comparison to our current illegal alien “issue” that is being loudly protested, and so covered in the media. The answer to both is – of course not.!!!
As to WHY our “public servants”continue to behave in the manner they have, is political agenda hidden from the voters, which would make for huge copy if you could find the program in writing. You can bet it will gather political discussion in an election year, if you are on team Arnold or voting for the “other guy.” By next year it will be ignored again.

Recently, I was at a get together at a friends house and the guests began to banter about a discussion of the protests and surrounding circumstances, which eventually ran down to
consensus of perplexed non-conclusion. Considering that unlike myself, most of my associates are, well educated and well informed, this surprised me, so I chimed in that
Illegal Mexicans are here because “someone” or enough people with juice want them to be. Big business, agriculture and hosts of others have cheap labor that they can exploit for profit. I also pointed out that the general public is not to be ignored in this exploitation either. I asked, ”how do any of you think that you would handle going back
to mowing your own yards, cleaning your pool, your house, washing your car, if you have a big project to do yourself, it is common for us to go down to the local do it yourself store and see Mr. Manuel Labor and his brothers Paco and Chuy standing around waiting for some Pinche Gabacho to come pick them up for the day. –If we all know where they are and the INS or local business licensing guy isn’t out there rousting every Chican with a leaf blower on his back, there is no active effort to curtail this. I can guarantee that IF the U.S. wanted to establish a Tortilla Curtain across the border, no one would get across in any significant number. Has this issue been good for the average American, well, ask Michael Moore and mention NAFTA and see what happens. For the protests, they are just a gentle reminder ( in an election year) that the problem is so old that there is no longer a clear “majority” of any ethnicity in California. –Will any significant change come into place after the elections are held. ??– I doubt that you will see a bunch or white folk out in the field picking strawberries any time soon.

As to the beautiful educated Russian women, it was crystal clear to me upon hearing what you had to go through to bring one of them to this country that quite simply – they are not wanted. Some grouping “here” with power had sent the message to Uncle Sam,- Sam, that the Ruski’s were persona non grata , and steps were taken - which have to be in concert with the government in the FSU to stem this flow. I should point out that these regulations are the life blood of the scammers and without them, the scam folk would be out of business. ( I am thinking however that the computer, phone, and travel industries have probably profited from these circumstances, - I’ll bet Russian tourism is up too.)
Who knows who it is, - because it is covert and certainly unstated policy. Only that it is and that it is un –American is what is important. To further stem the flow, - the original
misbegotten regulations not performing as well as “whomever” was satisfied with, Prez Bushy Boy signed into effect the new laws which you now speak of.

If there was no other clue, outside of him endorsing it, that these reg.s are all B.S. – the fact that they were put in place under the U.S. Code for the prevention of violence against women –(Beyond a doubt the worst, constitutionally violating, discriminatory, gender bias, Nazi – SS like bunch of laws ever to scrape along the already filthy floor of congress,)- is statement enough for anyone even slightly familiar with the ramifications of these laws, to KNOW that the stated reasons for the “need” for this new law are all lies and fabrication. – I don’t know about you, but talk of slave traders, spousal abusers, and domestic violence on some dramatic rise in incidence is something I sure have not seen any large protesting about, or read any thing on, and I know of no “official” study that has been published to substantiate this horse fluey that has insultingly been “fed” to the public.

- To get this completely straight, you have to consider and ACCEPT that this has been such a HUGE problem that the U.S. government has taken steps to protect foreign nationals living outside it’s borders ( another word is jurisdiction,) – against being potential future victims, of potential various crimes that might potentially be perpetrated upon them, BY AMERICANS in spite of the fact that there has been no legitimate demonstration that there is any significant risk of this happening at all, to protect THEM and help insure THEIR safety, should they potentially decide to come to the U.S. where there, at some future date, they potentially could become naturalized citizens. “Well geeze, sure sounds darn nice of the U.S. government to be so thoughtful as to protect feriners from Americans” – “Sure seems reasonable to me “- What a country !!!

Well if simply left at that, you might accept all as ‘good’ and necessary thing, even if a bit pre-emptive,- If - you had the native intelligence of a house plant and there were not all those other caveats involved. – What kind of influence might you consider it would be if it became widely known that the IRS was going to manditorially audit each of those tax returns submitted when one of those applications was filed ?? – Talk about Nazi like police powers, who isn’t afraid of the IRS that has any substance at all ?? –

Face it, the U.S. has attempted to make it so difficult, uncomfortable, time consuming and expensive so as to dissuade and sometimes prevent YOU from engaging in this endeavor. You are now receiving this message loud and clear. Of course there are ways around it, and if you are wealthy or well connected, laws do not ordinarily apply to you anyway in this country. – For the average joe however, the intent of the government is clear. The problem I have with it is that they have been incredibly dishonest about saying why they want this, and completely covert as to who the power behind this policy is. Without the lies and the special interest these codes would not be in place, and that is what is wrong with them. –

Sincerely, Lorentz

Prior to “arriving” here at this site ( I risk say no more,)
I had no idea that the average folks in the F.S.U were restricted in any way from coming to the U.S. / Canada and the U.K. – Save for perhaps economic consideration, I hadn’t a clue that any one of them could not simply just pack a bag and take a vacation to Disneyland. Upon learning of the difficulties involved in actually meeting and seriously interacting with a lady from that region, my very first thought is that while perhaps it is not, for obvious reasons, stated, “someone” in, or who has great influence in our government, – simply doesn’t want these people here.

Having no way to know what the true reason behind this decision is, ( and still do not, because it is a lie,) I immediately considered that these restrictions comprise the sole single reasons that the “Scammers” we discuss on every other thread here, exist at all.
I am certain that the average “Joe” still does not accept the illogical and ( intended to be)
Increased difficulty,inconvenience and expense of him having to go to the F.S.U – when he has no desire to be there in the first place, only to arrange – at length – ( not very conducive to romance,) just to have his fiancé transported back to him to see if she likes things here. “Someone” is sending a strong message and is doing so with the assistance of the F.S.U. government entities. ( I would LOVE to make public the details of that agreement, because whatever it is or is not, it is certainly Un- American. ) Once the “new” laws you discuss that our esteemed Prez. Signed to place them in effect, I knew for certain that “someone” had been dissasitfied with the results of the old system and was looking to make it even more restrictive, less attractive, more difficult and expensive.

As I am sure you are aware the laws were passed under the “guise” of regulating the rampant incidences of reported domestic violence and spousal abuse in ‘email” brides.
The “legality” of it fall under the highly politically touted, much abused, completely discriminatory and gender bias, U.S. Code FPVAW – one of my favorite subjects in life.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-06 10:50

Dear Folks; I am embarrased and apologize for the above post showing my edits. Thinking my post too wordy, - which it still is, I cut and pasted that which I wanted to restate or exclude to the bottom of the page, as I always do for any letter. - As this is not exacty my first time posting anything, I can offer no explanation as to why, after me clearing the page of these edits, they somehow repasted to where I had removed them from.
Once posted of course, I had no opportunity to re-edit them out.
I will endeavor not to repeat this accidental mess on my next post and hope that you will forgive this one.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood Viking.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-09-06 17:23

Lorentz, thanks for the apology; it was not necessary in my opinion; although it is interesting how quickly you apologize for your unintentional errors when you offer Elena your bare back for your intended teasing remarks!! Yes, I am taking a shot! I hope you don’t mind!

I agree with the observation that our government has an agenda; I am an optimist but not when it comes to governments. I recall only 20 years ago, all a Russian had to do was say “I want to defect” and they would get the royal treatment into our country ahead of everyone else; and now we give them a lesser treatment than to the uneducated, unskilled people who sneak into our country in the middle of the night. I am not against giving Hispanics a chance to be productive in our economy; I am simply pointing out the hypocrisy of our government and its uneven-handed treatment of its individual citizens' needs and the needs of those who want to come here.

My disappointment is also rooted in something larger than my own impediments in marrying a foreign lady; I think many American men at least secretly wish they could look elsewhere for their life’s partner. There is a shortage of men in Russia and Ukraine; there are more men in the US than women, even when you look at our age group statistics; it makes sense to facilitate these marriages; what’ s more, I think these intercultural marriages not only help return some real family values back into some of our homes, but also they help us relate to, understand, and coexist more peacefully with cultures these women come from. Some of the things posted on this very forum show clearly how much such integration may be helpful. As for family values, among all my married friends since college; three who married foreign women are still married (7-15 years now) while the two who married American women are divorced, having lasted 2-5 years! I don’t think that is an accident! Having been to Russia, I am more convinced marriage with Slavic women is a safer bet for some of us American men and the ladies as well.

There is an opposite side to this coin also; Russian media and society at large looks down on these marriages. There was a well-known TV series in one episode of which they chronicled the abusive treatment of a Russian girl at the hands of her sadistic American husband who eventually killed her; then there was another segment about an American couple who adopted a Russian child who died in their custody. Russian media, probably run by men who despise their women who choose foreign men over them, are very creative in inflaming the few cases of abuse to turn the tide. This, as well as an unchecked and largely distorted sense of nationalism runs rampant in Russia today, but it most pointedly against our men going there for their women. I witnessed this many times in Russia. I was having a drink with a Russian girl in the lobby of a five star hotel in Petersburg when a half-drunk Russian man belonging to a group of men who had been staring us down the whole time, came up to us and said to her in Russian, “How much to have sex so won’t have to sleep with this dog!” I did not know what was being said until it was over. Later she told me what she told him in response; “I am not looking for sex with insults; and even for that I wouldn't choose you; I am looking for a real man for marriage & obviously you are not the man for that!” The security removed him before he had a chance to get angrier. That is another reason why I did not like at all the posts about scammers: there are enough people making this joining of sincere people difficult enough; we do not need to throw in our own poison of suspicion and negative vibes.

I spoke to two lawyers today, one in an office visit, both of whom seem to think that the K-1 visa should be easier for me, although I did get a sense they thought it was easier for them too! I think I am reconciled to the notion that I must wait 6-7 months. One firm guarantees the visa; if she does not get it, I get a refund for all the fees. In my case it is not too long to wait; I am seeing her again in June and then again in October; we speak everyday and feel connected. I can wait. Still, I thank everyone for your input; and those who have something to add, I ask that you offer it still; it is of interest to me and all those who will eventually travel this path.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-10-06 01:58

Sam, I wish you to be patient and I really wish you to get married with your Russian woman.
You sounded my mind in your last writing here. I always asked , too. Why is it so easy to get setlement in the UK(the USA, France,...) for people from Tailand, Vietnam, India, Africa, South America... and so hard to get even a visit visa for people, living in Russia, Ukraine...

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-10-06 21:03

Sam; - Shot taken, - Certain that every now and then that I am deserving, - no problemo. As to the other entity your mention however, - please remember that ‘the source’ should always be considered in such instances and I leave my ‘backside’ out there for that one, as the desire to “spank, bite and pierce” it, was expressed in no uncertain terms.

I am in complete accord with what Smiling has shared, and hope that your patience holds thru the tangle of B.S. you are being forced to deal with. – She also asks the question about the ease of Visit Visa’s from other areas of the world, which I have no familiarity with that I would hope that you might speculate on.

On my initial ‘domestic’ date site, I had perhaps not quite as much contacts as from FSU, but none the less a ridiculous overload of messages from women in Asia, South America and Africa. IF the attitudes are prevalent in the FSU as you say, to the point that you were publicly accosted, and public broadcasts have been aired, - and if visa’s ARE easier to obtain from other areas, which I have no clue as to whether they are or not, ( as my family is from Norway, I am considering that I may be perhaps somewhat pre-disposed towards Northern European women, so would remained unconcerned as to the accuracy of this comment, save for conversation’s sake, ) – do you think that it is possible that the answer to our riddle is as simple as the U.S. making a show for FSU that it is doing what it can to stem the out-flux of individuals to this country ?? - Obviously “they” have to be involved in some agreed upon fashion for the U.S. polices to be effective, is it possible that by THEIR request , the restrictions we discuss here have been put in place – and that this is the reason our government has been less than forthright about it ??? - I would be interested to hear your “take” on the idea.

Sincerely, YFN Viking.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-10-06 23:43

Dear Smiling---I again want to congratulate you. I hope you are not writing the forum on your honeymoon?? The reason FSU immigration is so difficult is because the USA is not a member of the European Union.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-11-06 00:05

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ask-olga-and-friends/ I really wish to stress to you this site. I had forgotten to tell you Sam--the Belarussian attorney Luba Smal is an advisor on this site,and it is a wealth of info--particuarly now,because there are many immigration related inquiries which I believe you wil find to be relevant

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-11-06 04:35

Blaine, - Not answering for Smiling, but asking for myself; to the best of my knowledge the countries of China, India, Columbia, Venezuela, Peru, the Phillip.'s etc, etc. - are certainly not part of the European Common Market either. - So,... - how could this be the only explanation ???? - This would apply to the perspective of both the governments of the U.S. and the FSU.
Further, my understanding is that U.K. and Canada were nearly just as difficult. Am I correct in this assumption ????

Sincerely, Lorentz

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-11-06 09:28

Wow!! Why couldn`t you just ask a simple question--like what is the meaning of life? I think I have only a short time left in the forum,so I will attempt the best answer posssible,which is going to be reflective of both my education and experience. Hang on for the ride--this will be my most difficult answer yet!! When you make reference to these other countries-what we are really talking about is globalization-a very touchy feely subject. Russia must get something in return for the investment of her citizenry to another country. First--the reason for the European Union. I am going to use Germany and Ukraine for my specific explanations. Ukraine has been won and lost more than any country I have ever heard of. Political and geographical changes to her have morphed this country over and over again for a millenium!! I feel a little protective of her because she has been beaten up so many times by so many different countries. But every time there is a political upheaval,the people lose! Naturally people inter-migrate inside of their own continent,but World War 2 and the building of the wall in Berlin more than symbolized the separation of east-west. Many generations of German people were living in countries such as Czechoslavakia,Poland,and Hungary. In the period of time after the war, poverty reigned in many european countries,and a massive flow of immigration started. Many people sought refuge in countries such as Canada,and Latin America. The Ukrainian people were no strangers to Canada however. When Canada was just a baby,and trying to settle its frontier,Ukrainian peoples were dumped there by the thousands. Today there are 5th generation Ukrainians living there,and many politicians of Ukraine descent. With the destruction of the "Iron Curtain" came a resurgence in open areas of travel. Germany especially was a hotbed of activity,as her "lost" peoples returned to her from Poland,Romania,and Russia,among others. This opened the doors of immigration to other countries within Eurasia. At this point in time,Ukraine is a gateway for other countries which use her as an access to other european countries,especially since the inclusion of several more countries near her to the EU. Ukraine actually has a tough border patrol! The lifting of travel restrictions is due to changing policy--one which the United Stated really does not have. America does not have a clear and cohesive stratagem for migrants,as you know--because our troubles with Mexico are made more difficult by vague policy! Inside the EU however,travel and the exchange of money is made simpler by cooperative immigration laws. The great benefit for any country is capital and financial exchange brought forth by the exchange and transfer of new technologies and development . The very bad issue concerning immigration is the human trafficking of beautiful Slavic women to countries afore mentioned; Phillipines,Colombia,Venezuela,India. The sex slave industry is alive and well,and these countries are very liberal in their migration laws. Many countries argue and have steretypical and negative viewpoints on immigration. Russia feels that iimmigration is only necessary to accomodate a large work force--and such has a long record of deportation to many countries and regions. Kazakhstan for example. Siberia as another. International xenophobia exists,and is because of this mistrust and stereotyping that American immigration laws are so tough. 9/11 and the Homeland Security Act have also contributed to xenophobia in America. I feel that this cannot last forever,because there are over 2 million people from Ukraine alone in the US,and the larger a community of foreign nationals become,the more open her borders also become to cultural and economic exchange. Any country wants to have a "win-win" situation. Mexico defintely does,as American money transferred there provides a large portion of her economic stability. Countries like Russia will create incentives for her people to return,or channel investments back to her,such as a higher monetary exchange rate ( Euro dollars) I feel that it was a big mistake to break up the republics,because,as the saying goes " a bundle of sticks are much stronger than a single branch" The cooperative power of the FSU was a protective conglomerate. I do respect and hope for the independent countries to prosper,and I think it is just a slow process of return to financial stability. I also think that the USA simply needs a more enlightened immigrant policy concerning Europe. The cold war is over ( unless that hag Condoleeza Rice and her xenobe buddy Bush have their way) and this country also benefits by the exchange of technology and the diversification of ideas. Ideas create labor!! Labor creates job in-sourcing and out-sourcing,and this also creates the need for worldwide educators!! Again,migration laws are complex,and I am sure I have not completely or intelligibly explained it all. My understanding of it is in the simplest way---sterotyping,prejudice,bad blood and history all reflect the promotion or demotion of the many societies on earth. If we are to survive as a race--we will all have to learn to love each other.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-11-06 23:52

I think that you may be interested to know that in the Czech Republic,FSU women do not need a visa. Pilsen is a popular "watering hole" for guys like me who enjoy real deutsch lager. Prague is popular also,and I have talked to women about this variant as a "neutral ground". Of course a person should meet mat ee otyets,but as a first meeting place,it may be a good country for a first encounter

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-14-06 14:24

Lorentz, I have little doubt that the Russian government and general public is pleased to see the US immigration laws limit their women from leaving their country. Only a few days ago Putin addressed the Russian legislature and devoted most of his speech to the fact that population drainage is now an alarming factor in Russia’s future; as I had mentioned in one of my earlier posts, Russia is projected to experience a population loss of nearly 50 million in the next four decades; that is more than one million people per year. He attributed this loss to immigration, low birth rate, and increasing death rate due to diseases, lower life expectancy –especially among men who now average 59 nine years of age, about 20 years less than us Americans. Yet, despite their unhappiness about loss of population due to immigration, I do not think they have established an “understanding” with our government to limit visas to Russians: remember two facts that support this claim, although I cannot be absolutely sure of my conclusions based on these facts alone:

One, we have the same attitude toward other countries not in the Western European Union or in a few preferred singular nation: if the applicant is from the Philippines, a US ally, the US will apply the same limitations; I mentioned it took my best friend here a year and a half to bring over his Pilipino wife who was married to him the whole time!! I think old school politics and ethnic prejudices are more at the core of it than anything else; besides we apply the same restrictions to most FSU countries and ex-Soviet allies, including some who have no immigration concerns. I think we have always had an undisclosed line diving those we like to be our guests and those whom we don’t like, unless we like to make a political statement: to this day we will treat a boat-load of Cubans a little differently than a boat load of other South American people not under Castro, as if these two groups lead significantly different lives! As I see it, our immigration policy makes no sense because it is polluted by confused politics and misunderstood priorities.

Two, I do not think the Russian government or public, despite their distaste for the departure of so many of their women, like our immigration policy: they may not like their women to marry our men, but America is the country most of them like to visit most. Every Russian I met, who had the means to travel, told me how upset they were to know they would probably never be able to travel to the one foreign country that occupied their imagination and thoughts most in their recent history. The TV shows may try to make such marriages look undesirable; but the fact that nearly half of their programming is American productions only make Russians interested in visiting us more. As an example, I am sorry to inform you that “sex and the City” is pretty big in Russia!! Besides, any effort by their government to influence ours to limit visa privileges would be a waste of time because Russian women know there are men from more than a dozen countries in Europe who would invite them over much more easily. To this day, getting even a tourist visa to France or Italy for most single Russian girls is a matter of singing up for a tour to that country. I have gone on European vacations with Russian girls who only needed 30 days to set it up. Most Russian women either have no preference or actually prefer to end up in Europe anyway: in essence they are just a couple of hours away from home and they consider themselves European, even if some Europeans don’t think so.

So, my conclusion is that it is our policy more than anything else. I think it is only a matter of time before most Russian women actually state a lack of desire to meet American men. I encountered this a few times in agencies and in conversations: they simply ask themselves why go through the agony of waiting a year for an American visa. That plus the general unpopularity of our world politics nowadays, is taking its toll. Besides, I expect another cold war between our countries, given the current events, especially after Putin and Bush are out of the office. Pick up any major Russian newspaper- there are some in English on-line- and you see the seeds of another cold war in what they say. Read Asia times online, which is a middle of road Southeast Asian perspective, and you will see how geopolitics and oil & gas politics are increasingly the reasons why our government and theirs are going to be at odds with each other. It is all a sordid and convoluted mix of many attitudes: envy, curiosity, resentment, and legitimate concern over our world view, all blended into the larger political issues. In essence the future of transatlantic relations will have more impediments, which is why I dislike the name-calling or negative posts here and offer in balance a voice of encouragement.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-14-06 15:25

Now is the time to sneak into our country. There is such a huge infusion of Mexicans coming in,that the border patrol is actually releasing any non-Mexicans into the US, and citing them. They are ordered to appear on a court date. My brother is border patrol,and I have just learned this

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-15-06 00:46

I think , to get Mexicans is better for the USA goverment than to get Russians, Ukrainians, because most Mexicans, coming to the USA are bad educated , in that time all Russians and Ukrainians are enough well educated. In my mind the USA goverment are afraid to get a lot of Russians and Ukrainians, because they will competite with Americans, because they are good educated and well adapted and can get a good job fastly, in that time most Mexicans can get only a hard job for all life.

That is one of reasons, in my mind , why imigration for Russians and Ukranians to the USA, to UK, France , Germany..... is closed.

Really all goverments want to get workers for hard job, which their sitisen don't want to do and not well educated people who will competite with their citisen.

After goverments are getting cituation like in France now, wnen there are many black people from Africa ,from their past colonies.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-15-06 20:50

The real problem I think is that American employers and industries want a much greater profit margin,so they hire Mexicans or any migrant from anywhere. In the case of the Mexicans--there are 11 pesos to 1 USD. They do not have what every American is required to have to work--the Social Security card,and their pay is not taxed. So,they can send this money to their families in Mexico,and their families will be more comfortable then if the man worked in Mexico. Mexico is a very poor country!! There are a lot of doctors from FSU who have to go through all the same difficulties to gain citizenship to the USA. You must show proficient skills in english. These skills are written and spoken. When you have these skills,( which I think many Americans do not have) then you can get the green card. After 5 years,you can gain citizenship. As I have said in my statements before,a superpower country does not necessarily need immigrants. A country such as Japan has more to gain by sending their doctors to work in a poor country,then it has to gain from acquiring a doctor from Brazil. Many countries really need skilled workers--Ireland ,for example,needs skilled construction workers,and I have been very tempted to go there,as I was invited at one time. Sometimes a market will migrate to another country. The US big examples of this are Walmart and McDonalds. It will be interesting to see how Walmart can compete in China!! BY the way-Walmart hires many people of higher education who are going through the process of immigration. Americans would work the jobs which have been taken over by migrants-if only they would pay fairly. By fairly,I mean a "living wage" which has been introduced and shut down by our government many times. I am certain Sam will agree that what I say is true. I will give you a comparison of wages earned in the US based on my own work as a plumber. There is a wide range of pay for my job. In my beloved home of Montana,for a journeyman plumber it is 17-22 USD for every hour worked. Here,in Phoenix,Arizona,the pay is about 30 dollars each hour for an experienced plumber. In Chicago,it is 50 dollars each hour for a licensed plumber. Smiling, the national minimum wage which has to be paid is 5.15 USD for each hour worked!! And it has been 5 dollars and fifteen cents per hour for 9 years!!! Can you believe it? This--when the politicians of Arizona just voted themselves a raise in salary which amounts to 30,000 dollars a year!! SO these politicians who pretend to be the "democracy",and the "voice of the people" will earn 10 times what the average person does-well over 100,000 dollars a year-and more likely about 150,000 dollars. The average wage for each person in my home is about 24,000 USD each year. I hate government and politicians,and I hope they all die in their own filth,the greedy,bloodsucking thieves!! I am like Tevye in "Fiddler on the Roof". I believe in long standing tradition and moral decency,but it is not accomplished by the man who takes more than what he is worth,and more than what he needs. I will work,and work hard for my money--just like I have since 1975,when I first entered the Social Security system. And if I were to be paid a fair wage-I would love to work with cows and horses again. I love this work,and the animals--they do not argue!! ( Kick a little sometimes) BUt even the American cowboy is being replaced by Mexicans who will work for 5.15 per hour.

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-19-06 07:25

"B" - So, where is Michael Moore when you need him ? - NAFTA sends many of G.M. jobs directly to Mexico - and only a few years later, - the one time largest corporation in the World, is complaining about being in big financial trouble. - Plus they just got through slicing benifits, primarily Health Care from their empoyees here and caused a big strike to take place. I'm thinking that as much as the wage, corporations run little or no risk using undocumented workers for as many unskilled positions as possible, because they also avoid, health care benifits, matched witholdings, unions, state boards of labor relations, the folks who monitor minority percentages of employment, LAWSUITS- unfair practices, wrongfull death, work related injury, etc. etc, and any long term financial responsibility for the worker and their family, and a bunch of other stuff that you get the idea of.

Just like EPA laws ( which G.M. also side stepped by moving to Mexico with the "others," ) - were the cost to properly dispose of toxic waste is astronomical - sometimes in the multiple millions per year, - and - the fine for getting caught dumping the stuff illegally maxes out at $ 25,000 or
thereabouts,- then don't both these current legal "set-ups" ( EPA and INS )make for just good corporate business to intentionally violate the laws ??

WHADDAYATHINK ??? - Lorentz

Reply To This Message

Date:   05-19-06 08:24

I just read that 56 Mexicans died in the heat last year--but 5,500--6,000 people a DAY attempt crossing the border into AMerica. I have been to a lot of forums that bash America and AMericans,but I feel that this is another proof that people see this country as the golden ring of opportunity. BUsh is in San Luis right now,which is about 30 miles south of Yuma,Arizona. He supports the building of a 371 mile long fence. There is so much controversy about it--but it sounds like a lifesaver to me. Hiring illegals is against the law--but employers do not take it seriously. They never have. I remember my employer in MOntana hiring illegals back in 1975. They should get jail time. They have allowed illegals to undercut wages in jobs. Now I hear so much of the Mexican backlash of,"Who will clean your house,work on your yard,take care of your children?" I am inbetween jobs now,and going back to a former employer on Monday. I thought I would go down to the temporary labor agency because I was bored. WHat a lesson in humility this is!!! I was one of 2 whiteys in the midst of 30 Mexicans. The agency owners are Mexican also. I did the application,and filled an extra page with my skills. One of the Mexican guys did not want to do a job that was offeed to him,so I jumped at it. I-the licensed plumber,pushed a broom all day long on a new tract apartment construction site. I worked hard,as I always do,and at the end of the day I picked up my $30 paycheck. This is what I should make for one hour of work,not a whole day. A very humbling experience!! There is no hiring preference for Americans even here in America. Smiling wrote about educated migrants competing for American jobs. My stepdad is an employment placement specialist,with 30 years of it to his credit. He tells these educated people that they may want to think about having a back-up plan,on having a different vocational skill in case they are not able to find the work they desire. New Yorkers will call him in Montana,because they want to move to Big Sky country. They are making 100,000 dollars a year in New York. He tells them they might also need to bring down their salary expectations a little-maybe to half of what they expect. I mentioned Walmart before---they paid a fine to the federal government of 200 million dollars for hiring immigrants to clean their stores. My friend,who was the Human Resources manager for the many Walmart stores in Arizona,told me about a Russian married couple at the Scottsdale store. The people involved in devaluing America do sidestep,right here at home. I read their whining and bitching about having to cut jobs and benefits ( so the ownership can keep their big wages) and I think--go out of business!! Be done with you!! Fold-up and go! All this so that 2% of the company can make 400 times more money that the working people of the company!! Other countries call Americans capitalists. They do not know what they are talking about. Capitalize on what?? Underemployment? Poor wages? Maybe I should go sell the plasma from my body!! 1 unit--they will pay me 30 dollars. In the hospital this same unit will cost you more than 800 dollars. Greedy Americans sticking it to themselves! 5% of the population in control of 90% of the money!! Maybe I should sneak across the border into Canada. When I learn how to speak like a Canuck they will not notice me,eh? I could go on all day long with this....

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.