New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Why most men are afraid of smart women?

Author: Vix  (194.24.162.---)
Date:   12-01-07 19:18

Here goes. I have been working hard all my life. As you could probably tell by my pics and the style of writing, I am not a typically Soviet gal, as I have a very complicated and tumultuous international family history.
I speak 5 languages, and I have a very kind heart. I am intelligent and my biggest hobby is helping others, so currently I am in the process of changing jobs - I am attending the courses in the Medical College, as well as I am part-time employed as a caregiver/nurse in the geriatric department.
I have many friends of all ages and family situations, living worldwide. But what I feel most disappointed about, is that some men get actually petrified, when dealing with smart, goal-oriented, purposeful, charismatic females (not necessarily fake bake tanned blonde bronze glamazoids, I have a sis' like that;))
The Internet dating thing is always an intimidating experience, as we are facing various interpersonal communication issues - what if he/she won't like me? How can I explain things about my life to him/her? The crucial factor is the fear of being rejected, which is actually a vicious circle, as negative comments considerably affect your personal acceptance, value and self-esteem, so you think you won't get it at all. I have faced that and YES, OUCHHHH, it hurts like a nettle leaf minor burn, when you're reaching to smell the bright summer flower in the garden...
I like people, WHO ARE EASY TO TALK TO, just like myself.
And, as I am a qualified public service interpreter, we won't need one;) in perspective.
I am not seeking anything in particular at the moment, life will show, but still, MEN, dear, why sometimes there's not so much to talk to you about?

Reply To This Message

Re: Why most men are afraid of smart women?

Author: Victor  (---.direct-adsl.nl)
Date:   12-02-07 23:39

Interesting topic to raise, though it's always a personal thing. Somehow one could guess it's for a man feeling more intelligent than his wife. Otherwise he could easily loose the respect he normally gains at work due to his intelligence. So probably the answer is in the stereotypical expectations of man/woman relations...

But I think in the end it mostly comes down to prefering the question What are you? over Who are you? The first one is easier, as you only need to sum up everything you've done, how you look like, etc... The latter involves being open about who/what inspires you, and what passions you have for/in life... But well, the answer to that is always a discussion and an exploration, preferably together... It creates the most interesting ways of communication, but then, why do so if you could also know what you'd get?

Reply To This Message

Author:   ()
Date:   07-20-17 09:24

cool topic idea ,, thanks for your possts

Reply To This Message

Author:   ()
Date:   09-24-17 10:45

say it again & i dont know why? its been a while now since i've joined the site bt not even one man is interested in a smart intelligent woman. once there was a guy who showed an interest to me but i found out that he is s scammer. at fitst i was so excited that at last i found someone then i got disappointed. is there a really smart man in this site who is seriously about life or all of them they just want to play games? please if there is a genuine person respond. im about to give up now even to remove myself from the site.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.