New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 About the most delicate things.

Author: Lidiia  (---.pool.ukrtel.net)
Date:   02-25-07 10:36

A few day ago my hairdresser shared with me about her experience with foreigners.

First she met with Italian. After some meetings he asked her to bring the health certificate to the next their meeting. She did it but he said he couldn’t do the same because in that time he received treatment for some venereal disease. She broke all relations with him.

Next she began to meet with an American man. He watched every penny and everywhere they went she had to pay for herself. (Let’s go Dutch???) It almost put her to expence and she stopped this.

So, the questions:
1) is it normally that people go to their date with health certificate?
In our world it sounds quite reasonable, but it seems to me unusual.

2) why foreigners consider us like people of the second sort only in that reason we have lower salaries than they? Why we have to feel guilty or inferiority of it?
How many months a girl must work to earn money for dinner in decent restarant where she would be invited by a foreigner?

Believe, we work so hard as you and it’s not our guilt that we are not estimated at our true worth.

Reply To This Message

Re: About the most delicate things.

Author: Galahad  (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date:   02-27-07 17:01

Going Dutch" is very common here in the states. It never used to be, but as women started to get better jobs and the feminist movement got started, many professional women were offended if a man tried to pay her way on a date. To her it was as if the man was saying that she could not make as much as he did or that he was flaunting his higher paying job. He was superior in some way. I am not saying that I agree with this, but during the 1980's it was very common.
I think the better way to handle it is to ask the lady if she prefers "Going Dutch" or would she allow him the honor of treating her. This way she is being given the option with out being offended either way. If she is of the belief that the man should pay for the date, she simply says "That would be very kind of you." If she believes that "Going Dutch" is more appropriate, she can say "It's sweet that you are offering to treat me, but I prefer to pay my own way." This way neither the man nor the woman feels like the decision is being made for them. It is a matter of respect for each other.
Now to travel abroad is very expensive either from the US to Russia, or the other way around. I have looked into this lately, and believe me, I was shocked at the total expense. If the one of them planed to make the trip, and their funds were low, they need to let the other one know. Simply tell the other party that "I have the money for the trip, but once I get there, I will not have much left to spend. Where can we go to have a good time and a nice evening with out spending a lot?" Or "Once I get there I will not have much money left, is there any way that you can help share the expense?" The key to this is to let the other party know the truth about what type of budget they are on for the trip and to agree on the places to go and the things to do and who will be paying for it before the trip is made. There should be no surprises.

Reply To This Message

Author: Sveta  (213.78.238.---)
Date:   02-28-07 14:00

Galahad, it is possible to have a good time not spending alots money, if you come to Kiev, for example. But it is depend on a girl, with whom you are going to meet and ofcourse on you. If it is a professional dater, you will stay poor after your trip. If it is a normal good girl- you will not spend alots money. Kiev can satisfay people of diffrent levels of life.

Reply To This Message

Author: Galahad  (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date:   02-28-07 17:14

Thank you Sveta,
I hope to make a trip there (Kiev) in the near future. Not really to meet any one, but I have always wanted to go there. I have been told that it is a very beautiful place.

Reply To This Message

Author: Lidiia  (---.pool.ukrtel.net)
Date:   02-28-07 21:57

Dear Sveta!
You gave me an adress of site rumbler.ru, there are not Ukrainian on it, only Russians and Polands. These days almost all Poland wrote me (in Polska, of course!) The only thing is good there are from 27 to 34!!! but language barrier!

Reply To This Message

Author: Sveta  (213.78.238.---)
Date:   03-01-07 14:53

http://love.rambler.ru/
and try this new site http://love.lemur.com.ua

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Reply To This Message
 Subject:

Main | Member's area | Search | Gallery | Forum | Magazine | FAQ | Links | About Us |
Copyright © 2003-2014 New-Dating.com. All rights reserved.